Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:18 am 

Hi, names Anthony and just found this forum. Yesterday purchased a Honda Odyssey Fl350R for what I think is a great price of $600. With the exception of the hose going from the airbox to the the light box everything was there including the original owners manual and tool kit. Would like to hear any suggestions and advice.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:20 am 

Also would anyone know if the shocks and wheels are the original? The shocks have dual rate spings but the microfitch for the FL350 shows just one spring, and pretty sure the rims are not original

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:47 am 

You scored for 600! Wheels are not original. Can you post closer pictures of the shocks? The fronts look like they have the same color scheme of works shocks, but they would be on upside down.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:18 pm 

Yeah I can go get some pics in a bit and post them.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:25 pm 

You stole it for 600 bucks,hell even without the Engine its worth that.Congrats on the new purchase

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:12 pm 

Want to double your money? lol

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:31 pm 

Heres the suspension. The rear has remote resi's

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:38 pm 

redskinman wrote:
You stole it for 600 bucks,hell even without the Engine its worth that.Congrats on the new purchase

Thanks, kind of what I was thinking. Right now its not getting spark but I have it in the shop since I work at a Honda dealer. Figure even if its something major I could easily make more than 600 in parts
liduno wrote:
Want to double your money? lol

Not yet lol I want to enjoy it for a bit

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:43 pm 

Just looked at some pictures of Odysseys with works suspension. Looks like this one has works suspension on it, but the fronts are mounted upside down since the schrader valve was on top in the pictures. Guess now to see if Works can rebuild them

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:54 pm 

Yeah those look like older works shocks. Fronts are upside down. Great buy for $600! I bought a roached out one for $500 with a locked up motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) and no fenders lol. Fenders alone are worth what you paid or more.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:59 pm 

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiite...........fenders alone are worth way more than that......lol

Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the site

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:24 pm 

Great buy. Take you time and understand what you have. This machine is not just fill up with gas and go. I would read as much as you can stand about your fl350 from this site. A $20.00 seal could save you from an expensive rebuild. I assume you know nothing about the machines history. I would take my time and go thought it, changing the fluids, including draining the fuel system. Who knows what kind of premix the previous owner used. Don't premix your gas with cheap 2cycle oil from the hardware store. Buy a good quality oil. I run golden spectrum. I would also do a leak down test on the Engine. Confirm it is not a pre-recall Engine. I believe an X was stamped by the VIN if the recall was performed by a dealer. if you do not have one, buy a manual and go through all the maintenance sections of the manual. Parts are hard to find and damaging your machine because you did not know is no excuse. Ask any question you have here. Many great guys who love these old machines and will give you a lot of help. I'm a FL 400 owner, be careful because that is what you will want next. As was said earlier those fenders alone will bring at least twice what you paid.

Looked closer at your pictures - you even have the 2 rubber caps on the front bumper - those are almost always gone and just about impossible to find. Both mirrors are there, Looks like it was stored inside. Not much sun damage. Does it have the vent mod so oil does not get into the starter? I would not hesitate to give you $1500.00 for it the way it is, and I would drive away with a smile on my face.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:35 pm 

rmesser wrote:
Great buy. Take you time and understand what you have. This machine is not just fill up with gas and go. I would read as much as you can stand about your fl350 from this site. A $20.00 seal could save you from an expensive rebuild. I assume you know nothing about the machines history. I would take my time and go thought it, changing the fluids, including draining the fuel system. Who knows what kind of premix the previous owner used. Don't premix your gas with cheap 2cycle oil from the hardware store. Buy a good quality oil. I run golden spectrum. I would also do a leak down test on the Engine. Confirm it is not a pre-recall Engine. I believe an X was stamped by the VIN if the recall was performed by a dealer. if you do not have one, buy a manual and go through all the maintenance sections of the manual. Parts are hard to find and damaging your machine because you did not know is no excuse. Ask any question you have here. Many great guys who love these old machines and will give you a lot of help. I'm a FL 400 owner, be careful because that is what you will want next. As was said earlier those fenders alone will bring at least twice what you paid.

Looked closer at your pictures - you even have the 2 rubber caps on the front bumper - those are almost always gone and just about impossible to find. Both mirrors are there, Looks like it was stored inside. Not much sun damage. Does it have the vent mod so oil does not get into the starter? I would not hesitate to give you $1500.00 for it the way it is, and I would drive away with a smile on my face.

Thanks for the advice. I plan on reading up on it. I was thinking it was just going to be gas and go. I work at a Honda dealership but not many of the techs are old enough to really know about these machines all that well. Im not sure about the vent mod, if you can explain what to look for ill go check for that and see if the x is there for the recall

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:42 pm 

Just went a check the vin and don't see an X stamped

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:13 pm 

I believe the pre-recall engines have straight fins on the head. Some of you fl350 guys jump in for me and explain the details of the fl 350 recall please.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:20 pm 

Yes i would like to know details on the recall. If i remeber correctly the fins on the head are in an X pattern with the plug in the middle. Ill check it tomorrow

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:22 pm 

The recall consisted of changing the cylinder from 80mm to 78.5mm and changing the head from a straight finned to the "Y" finned configuration. If I'm not mistaken they also increased the Squish band to lower the compression down from approximately 145psi to 136psi.

Rand

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:24 pm 

Might have been a Y pattern not a X but i dodnt pay that much attention to it. Did they change it to a smaller size to reduce heat?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:28 pm 

Yes, the smaller bore was done to reduce heat.

Rand

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:55 pm 

Congrats on a smoking deal, even looks to have a Comet clutch. :-)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:13 pm 

rarerat wrote:

Might be a dumb question but what is a comet clutch and is that a good thing and how could i be sure?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:17 pm 

tonyt915 wrote:
rarerat wrote:

Might be a dumb question but what is a comet clutch and is that a good thing and how could i be sure?

Yes a 102c Comet clutch is a very good thing as long as it is working properly. You can see it in the 4th pic of your last bunch of pictures.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:41 pm 

rarerat wrote:
tonyt915 wrote:
rarerat wrote:

Yes a 102c Comet clutch is a very good thing as long as it is working properly. You can see it in the 4th pic of your last bunch of pictures.

Awesome, thanks for pointing that out. Any tips on cleaning and lubing it?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:25 pm 

If those shocks are working decent I would just go with them and if you want to get better shocks save your money to get new Works shocks.I bought a set of used Works shocks for my 350 and sent them off to be rebuilt and it wasn't that much cheaper than buying a new set.They wanted to replace just about every part and yours look in worse condition then mine were in.Then when you get the new ones in sell the old Works shocks on ebay and let someone else pay to rebuild them

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:26 pm 

Well good news.... it runs. It will not start using the electric start, but put a new plug in it and it fired up first pull. Im guessing the previous owner didnt do any research cause the first solution I found when I googled no spark was cause by the electric start drawing too much power.

Profile E-mail