Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: another new guy and girl
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:06 am 

::-: hi' all my name is Bruce my wife is kim she's an rn, could be handy on the trails.. We're from Granit bay ca. near sacramento ca. but we mostly ride near Reno,,,I retired about 1 year ago [charter boat capt at san fransico, fishing] got tired of golf for the last year so decided to buy a quad, with it came an asian buggie for Kim,,we both like the buggie more than the quad so did some internet searching and decided on a 350 ody.. went for a test ride, 2 ft. wheelie at 25mph YA BABY, i finally got something that well be to fast for her, than i'll get it. WRONG we took the ody and quad to reno told her to take it easy untill she gets used to it, started it for her than walked behind it. Two big rooster tails of dirt and graval go over and on quad and me , wfo right through the staging area and off to the rocky moutains she's heading, spent the rest of the day eating her dust...so whats a guy going to do? i had no choise i bought anothere 350 ody,, life is good, it will be better when i get my go faster than her's goodies..ordering 35mil. mu. bus. reeds eee pipe new belts and uni filters....when the rains start in a mo or two i'll pull the tops off and see about port work..right now her's has DG pipe with fmf silencer the rest is stock maybe has reeds, mine has comit 102 ,the rest is stock. were are a dead heat...both sputter to about 15mph than kicks a$$...............................
btw can't spell or type vary good, [20 years on the ocean]

I WANT TO THANK YOU GUYS FOR A GREAT SITE WITH A WORLD OF INFO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Capt. Bruce and Kim

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:30 am 

welcome to the forum
a lot of good guys on here with lots of good info and tips
your ody will get a wheelie at 25 mph? I wanna see that! lol

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:31 am 

captbruce wrote:
both sputter to about 15mph than kicks a$$

take some important recommendations from the guy who didnt!

1. Pop the cylinder head off and check to see if your ports are chamfered and exhaust bridge is relieved. (ill quote hoser when he told me.. "its a 20 dollar gasket now or a 300+ dollar rebuild later!")

2. Go through the fuel system and carb to make sure that sputtering isnt something more serious, that shouldn't happen. is the motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) actually sputtering or is the clutch just waiting to engage?

3. Plug Chops often(at WOT (Wide Open Throttle)).

4. Compression Checks often.

5. get an EGT gauge if you don't already have one. (digital).. this can save your motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? ))!

Cant think of much more, even tho im sure there are more things to do!

anyways congrats.. post some pics!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:01 pm 

::-: wheelly was on black top owner had 110 oct. racing fuel in it, don't know if that made a differace, i can't aford it. i almost crashed, couldn't find brake pedal, couldn't see hand levers so did a 2 wheel u turn at dead end...............i'm going to pull the tops in a few weeks..piston papers say the holes were drilled and releaf was done , we'll see... i think sputtering is the cluch shiftingup as soon as it ingages, like taking off it 3rd gear?? 1 has comit 102 other is stock, i can see no differace throught the whole power band,,new belts will see. capt bruce

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:47 am 

Welcome & yeah, pics are worth their weight in gold.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 2:25 am 

Hello Bruce,

Rand here from Carson City. I met you and the wife out at the Johnson Lane area just south of Carson City. How's it going? I was wondering when I would see you post. Welcome aboard mate!

Rand

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:44 pm 

Hi and welcome to the site, can you post some pictures?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:27 am 

Hi Rand, been to reno a few times since, didn't know how to get ahold of you, snowed one time so no riding,,did play in two poker turnies won both at the pepermill.maybe next time we can meat up, we always stay at the pepermill [free], we go oftten.....going to glamis jan 8 to 13, it will be are first time on the dunes,,,,

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:31 am 

wifes got all pixs on i phone, we'll give it a try tomarow, not vary good with puters, but am great at fishing an poker

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:42 am 

Aw man Glamis..... I haven't been there since the late eighties! Unfortunately my Ody is in pieces all over the garage. Waiting to get the new water cooled head before I finish putting it back together.

The dunes are a different type of riding. Watch out for slip faces. Slip faces are areas where the dunes rise gradually and then all of the sudden they can fall of to a sharp drop sometimes as high as 75 to a hundred feet. This generally occurs when the wind blows in one specific direction for long periods of time. I don't remember if Glamis has that many slip faces you have to worry about. Just remember, don't go hauling ass until you know the terrain you are riding in. I believe Nuke Em has a video of a crash going off a slip face at Dumont dunes. One of the great tings I love about the dunes is not having to stay on a narrow trail. Another is riding on smooth sand is like riding on glass, smooth as silk!

Be careful and enjoy!

Rand

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:04 am 

these are of kim

Attachments:
131.JPG
131.JPG [ 724.36 KiB | Viewed 549 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:06 am 

try again

Attachments:
133.JPG
133.JPG [ 735.9 KiB | Viewed 549 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:07 am 

moon rocks nv

Attachments:
132.JPG
132.JPG [ 741.33 KiB | Viewed 550 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:09 am 

Attachments:
134.JPG
134.JPG [ 740.37 KiB | Viewed 548 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:31 am 

Hey Bruce, the pictures in the background of the Ford is my buddy Otie's truck! By the way that's the last time I rode my Ody. I checked my compression after our 40 mile ride and it was down to 85 psi.

Still waiting on parts to put it back together!

Rand

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:44 pm 

rand 85 psi that's good now you can run arco 87 octan gas and save lots a money,,,,,what did ya find wrong? we're going to glamis jan 8-12 about 2 week after that we'll be heading your way..

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:57 pm 

I found just a plain old tired motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) that needed a new piston, rings and a bore job. Have fun at Glamis........ by the way I'm jealous! Enjoy the trip and take too many pictures!

Rand

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:53 pm 

randallman10 wrote:
Hey Bruce, the pictures in the background of the Ford is my buddy Otie's truck! By the way that's the last time I rode my Ody. I checked my compression after our 40 mile ride and it was down to 85 psi.

Still waiting on parts to put it back together!

Rand

wheres the ford truck? I see a white dodge and white nissan,brown truck looks like a chevy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:56 am 

Its the first picture Bruce posted. Its the truck with the car trailer behind it. Its labeled pictures of Kim....but no Kim!

Rand

Profile E-mail