Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:13 pm 

Hey everyone,

I figured I'd introduce myself haha. I'm 16, live in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, and currently have an 08 Suzuki LTR450 (will post a pic up). I've been looking for a nice project, and was originally going to get an '86 Suzuki LT250R, but I am now wanting an Odyssey!

Being 16 I don't have a huge budget, but found a late 70's Odyssey FL250 for sale down in Michigan (I have some relatives I visit frequently) that currently doesn't run, but supposedly comes with everything, the guy is asking $400 for it. I am hopefully going to pick it up, and see what is up with the Engine. If it just needs minor work, I will try to get it running, if now I have a 15hp small Engine at my farm, brand new never used, that I will put in instead (until I find a larger Engine perhaps). I won't be using the Odyssey in any dunes, so I figure top speed isn't too important, but something with a bit more hp would be nice haha. I was originally thinking of doing a restoration to stock or close to stock, but I am thinking I will probably do it differently. Probably will weld in a full roll cage (well get my dad to help when he isn't working on his cars), probably ditch the fenders, and possibly do some rear suspension work.

Anyways, this forum seems to have a lot of good information, so if I end up with the FL250 then you guys will probably see me around here frequently! haha.

Here are some pics of the LTR, I have a set of front tires for it but haven't put them on. Also just ordered a new exhaust system and a few other things:

How it sits now:

And how it was a few weeks ago:

Also figure I'd throw up some pics of a never-finished go-kart project, my school had a "personal project" when I was in grade 9/10 where you could do whatever the hell you wanted to as long as it took you a year or so to do haha. I did the planning, etc, and my dad did the welding and helped with some other things. The Engine in this kart was not nearly powerful enough, so we returned it and got the 15hp one, but never got around to putting it in and probably never will. Also it has no suspension so driving it off-road is pretty awful. Maybe once I get the Odyssey done I will have try to integrate some suspension into this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:44 pm 

I wish you luck on the 250..or whatever you decide to do
I enjoyed the labels on the pic on the clutch etc.
All will help as much as we can
regards G.O.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:24 am 

Somebody's into Beamers! Can I have one? LOL!

Welcome and good luck!

Rand

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:21 pm 

Thanks guys!

Randman, yeah my dad is a collector/restorer haha. He is hoping to get a white 630 (don't know if it is any of the pictures) done by this spring that he will use as a track car. Mostly has 6's and 5's, but also has a few 2002s, Triumph TR6's, and late 60's Cudas.

BTW guys, I think I might hold off on the ody for a while. I was thinking today, and I am going to re-design the front end of the kart so that I can use parts off of an ATV - a-arms, shocks, spindle, wheels/tires, hub, brakes, etc. Also go to a tie-rod steering setup. I will also re-do the roll cage, put the new Engine in, get some better rear tires, some rear brakes, paint the frame, put a plate underneath, and get a new seat.

But after it's done I will hopefully be getting an odyssey! I will probably post my own kart up in the projects section - hope you guys don't mind.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:03 am 

I'm fifteen and just bought a fl350 odyssey. I'm glad to see another kid my age getting into these amazing machines lol

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:09 pm 

If you have the oportunity and the fundafe I would suggest the FL350 if at all possible. Althought the FL250 is also a great project. It will just entice you to find a FL350 once you reach the FL250's limits. Welcome to both of you!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:01 pm 

1frc wrote:
If you have the oportunity and the fundafe I would suggest the FL350 if at all possible. Althought the FL250 is also a great project. It will just entice you to find a FL350 once you reach the FL250's limits. Welcome to both of you!

Go for broke... get a pilot ha

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:36 pm 

Turbotexas wrote:
1frc wrote:

X2!! My old FL350 is fun but it's not even on the same playing field as the Pilots :-)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:51 pm 

rarerat wrote:
Turbotexas wrote:
1frc wrote:

X2!! My old FL350 is fun but it's not even on the same playing field as the Pilots :-)

Mine is :-) :-) but at what cost lol :shock: :shock: When I started on my Ody I had the goal of making it just as dependable and fast... Of course Pilots were 7000 back then too...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:48 pm 

Turbotexas wrote:
rarerat wrote:
Turbotexas wrote:
1frc wrote:

Mine is :-) :-) but at what cost lol :shock: :shock: When I started on my Ody I had the goal of making it just as dependable and fast... Of course Pilots were 7000 back then too...

I have been wanting to ask you about that for a while know. Since you have one of each, an Ody, Pilot & Triple E, can you give us your honest opinion on the three? Basically a comparison of what's good & bad about each of the buggy's, and which you prefer & why?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:39 am 

rarerat wrote:
Turbotexas wrote:
rarerat wrote:
Turbotexas wrote:
1frc wrote:

I have been wanting to ask you about that for a while know. Since you have one of each, an Ody, Pilot & Triple E, can you give us your honest opinion on the three? Basically a comparison of what's good & bad about each of the buggy's, and which you prefer & why?

An Ody... is a great starter vehicle, BUT will need many upgrades... Shocks!!!! A fan or watercooled head to keep the motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) cool... and a harness then you have a great ride!!!
Pilot!!! Whole different beast... better ride with stock shocks, it already has the water cooled motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) so very dependable and just looks cool LOL I would like to have wider stance and long travel suspension, but for the guys back east the stock configuration works good around all them trees!!! hehehe
Triple eee I can't give a real good accessment on yet since I haven't riden it much yet... So far the drivers compartment is smaller that the Honda's the steering wheel and foot pedals don't give me the control I'm used to! The sled motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) is a new sensation much quicker but hard to say with out someone with me??? Suspension should be better than all but haven't messed with them yet...

Profile E-mail