Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: fl350 from hawaii
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:44 am 

Man that FL350 looks - SWEET....

So did you make the side panels yourself ?
I really like them...

If you did make them I bet you could sell a few sets damn quick around here...
What do we have to do to get you to make some for sale ?

Nice looking ride ya got there now - and welcome to the site...

Later
Dennis

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:02 am 

damn nice looking Ody,welcome to the site :-)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:10 am 

Welcome Ace,

I agree, great looking machine....just needs a stronger power plant! wink wink, might be done this weekend.

I am interested in the side panels too, nice work. With your background and expertise, I am sure you will have a lot to share with the board. Where is the A-Arm kit from?

What kind of riding areas do you have there in Hawaii?

Gary

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:22 pm 

Hey Joe,
Welcome! Which island are you from? My wife lived on Oahu for 9 yrs before I convinced her to move back to the mainland.

Brooks

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:05 am 

Big Island has some good riding too. Jenn's friends used to bring bikes out there and Oahu riding. There is a guy from the board (originally from the East Coast) that lives on the Big Island and has an FL350.

Nice looking ride! Can't believe it still has a toolbox! Those always seemed to be the first things to get smashed off.

Brooks

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:33 pm 

I see the fenders are from the unmentionables also. How did they fit? Please keep us updated on the fenders since they are discontinued and he is the only one offering the only option. Nice ody by the way. Love the blue

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:53 pm 

Thanks Joe. My sons front fenders will probably need replacing soon and I havent seen or heard of anybody actually using his fenders so I was a little nervous.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:41 pm 

Not to hijack...but when did someone start making fenders? How much are they? Does he make the floor tubs too? All the other little plastic pieces? Though I loved my fiberglass body on my last ody.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:34 pm 

brooks wrote:
Not to hijack...but when did someone start making fenders? How much are they? Does he make the floor tubs too? All the other little plastic pieces? Though I loved my fiberglass body on my last ody.

Liewire had maier make plastic for the FL350 a while back from what I heard he is the only guy they will sell them too so bend over :-) Well until someone starts making fiberglass copies of the originals, dunno on the tub, the fenders are not injection molded like OEM.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:36 pm 

Yea...I took a look at his site for the first time in years and liked my fiberglass body kit much better!! Looked like just fenders and brackets were going to a run a hair under $1000. Look nice...but ouch!

Ace - picks of the 66 fastback? I just sold my 66 last month and am going through withdrawal :(

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:52 pm 

Nice looking 350r
I like the spark plug and wrench holder.. nice fit...I see a Grave Digger on the shelf over there???
Regards

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:32 am 

Ace wrote:
Hey Brooks,
That's a great looking stang! No nice pictures of mine it's all original unrestored, my dad bought it new in 66 right out of high school, we always had plans of fixing her up but he passed away when I was 14 so it never got done, but that's not to say it won't, it's a 289, 4 speed car but only a 2v, not a k code....I can only hope it looks as nice as yours does!

Go oddy, yup it's a tmaxx "grave digger" edition...ha ha..lots of rc's on that shelve..let's see In addition to the tmaxx a revo, 2 x factors, 2 ek4s, 2 1/5 scales an Fg marder and an Columbia mk4 on road, their used to be an all billet mamba t3 off road 1/5 scale to, that's what I traded to get my ody...a hot bodies lightning, and some vintage stuff to a nitro blizzard, silver fox gold edition (basically a kyosho inferno) a tammiya hilux, a gold tub rc10, an associated rc12e pan car, a lancia martini off road (frog chassis) a clod buster, 2 juggernauts, most all running nomadio radios with full telemetry.

On the fenders, yup their expensive, but I have to say they fit great, as for the tub he has said he will remake them but is having issues with the mold or something like that, and they may only be available in black, at least this is what is on his forum.

Aloha, Joe...

Whats a "stang" sounds homosexual haha

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:44 pm 

Ace wrote:
Humm ya maybe a bad choice of slang....it's short for mustang..of course I'm sure you knew that already..lol....

I figured it was like Hayabusa people cant spell it so call it busa

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:01 pm 

have you riden with this front end yet? Has he improved the hiems that have the drag links SLIDE thru them? Care to Share his instructions, so others can see how this is supposed to work???

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:07 pm 

lutrev wrote:
Look back about ten posts

I don't see any ride reports? or anything about instructions being any better???

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:21 am 

still doesnt answer my question...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:59 pm 

So this was bought from someone Other than chucklenuts at aftershot motorspurts? Or from Aftershocks ebay site??? Was it "used" when you bought it?
WoW You got TWO pages??? Good for you that means chucklenuts at aftershot motorspurts has expanded his instructions???
Once you alleviate the weak plate that the hiems bolt to, the risk of lockup isn't as bad, from the few times I have ridden mine lately...

Ace wrote:
Turbo,
The directions were just as you had, or should i say didn't have, just 2 typed pages and some pictures, but from following your posts and viewing your pictures I fit it fine, as for the ride report, I have not ridden it to any extent with this front end, I will report when I do. I can only hope I do not have the same issues that you did. I do not know the age of this kit as it came from eBay, it was never installed, if you would like any close up pics of any areas to look at just let me know.
Aloha Joe.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:28 am 

who was the private seller... Hell of a deal for sure... I wonder why he "gave it away" at that price??? Shocks alone 6-7 hundred...
Wonder what else he has for sale???

Profile E-mail