Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:01 pm 

It has been 10 years since I sold my first pilot. I just picked this '89 up for $5500. The Engine has never been cracked open and the commpression is a little low but I am at a high elevation. For being 22 years old it is in better shape than the '90 that I owned 10 years ago. This is for my 10 year old daughter. She has been riding modified go-karts for years. She drives me around in this Pilot because I have lost my eye-sight. I was a custom prototype machinest and I have a lot of ideas that I want to post for the Pilot. I still do a lot more than people expect me to do blind. My wife and daughter help with some things like typing this for me.
Attachment:
100_3681.jpg
100_3681.jpg [ 67.68 KiB | Viewed 426 times ]

Attachments:
100_3681.jpg
100_3681.jpg [ 135.88 KiB | Viewed 485 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:34 pm 

That pilot is sweet!! Your daughter will love I am sure. Congrats :-)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:36 pm 

Hi welcome to the site congratulations on the Pilot that thing looks brand new.

First mod make sure you have good restraints for the daughter so she cant contact the steering yoke in a sudden stop.

What other mods you have in mind?

Did you have any mods on your other Pilot?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:05 pm 

We already ordered custom belts from Simson Racing that we will install soon. We bought the hoses from afastcar. We are on the list for the head from speedchaser. When we inslall the head and hoses next winter we will do the top end. We made bump stops on the rear to protect it when we tip it up. It has a larger airbox vent tube with double airfilters. At this time it is mostly just changing the fluids (cleaning the gas tank) :shock: and adjusting/bleeding the brakes before we use it this year. Later on we would like to do the disc brake conversion and get shocks. The little things like the bump stops are going to happen as we go along and I will post them as I think of them.

I havent kept in the loop about Pilots for the last ten years. I think that everyone would agree that it would be nice to go back and purchase a bunch of things because so much is not available now. I think that the Pilot was one of the best toys that I have ever owned (and I have owned a lot). I am so glad that my daughter is going to be able to enjoy it too.

We usually ride on drylake beds so that I can get out and ride some by myself and this is where my daughter has been riding me around in other vehicles.

The other Pilot had Works Shocks, Powerbloc Clutch, removed the rev limiter, Duncan Racing head, porting, 36mm carb, and a pipe from Duncan Racing that I don't recomend to anyone.

I don't think I will modify the Engine very much on this Pilot untill my daughter gets a little more experienced she is only 10 yrs old.

I have been an AMS Oil dealer for 15 yrs and I feel it is one of the best oils out there.

I have been a type one diabetic for 34 yrs. I have lost my sight, had a triple bypass, and am in stage 4 kiddney failure. But just like the Pilot I have taken a licking and just kept ticking. :-)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:28 pm 

Added the pic back in but how do you remove the messed up one?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:57 am 

I wanted to add back in a pic of my daughter on her first ride last July.
Attachment:
Sommers fist ride in the Pilot 064.JPG
Sommers fist ride in the Pilot 064.JPG [ 58.67 KiB | Viewed 409 times ]

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:12 am 

Lucky girl!!!!!!!!! :-)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:26 am 

She has tasted SPEED! Now you're never gonna get her out of it!

The next thing you know She's gonna be asking for her a drivers license!

Rand

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:59 am 

Rand,

She is already asking if we are going to get a new vehicle because she wants our Rav 4.

Michael

Profile E-mail