Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New Pilot Onwner
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:56 pm 

Howdy,
I joined the other day but did not post because I didn't have the Pilot yet....I just got home with it ...Ye haa...cant wait to ride it! There is still one left in Dallas TX.

Attachments:
5Ie5Kd5F93L23M53o4c3768f86b21427d13fb.jpg
5Ie5Kd5F93L23M53o4c3768f86b21427d13fb.jpg [ 14.43 KiB | Viewed 743 times ]
Aaron pilot 4.jpg
Aaron pilot 4.jpg [ 66.01 KiB | Viewed 637 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: New Pilot Onwner
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:54 am 

Congratulations on the Pilot and welcome to the site.

I see two Pilots in the picture you own them both or just the one?

Where you plan on riding?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:41 pm 

Yeah where you gonna ride it? :-)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:12 pm 

I just have the one....the other is still listed

hoser wrote:
Congratulations on the Pilot and welcome to the site.

I see two Pilots in the picture you own them both or just the one?

Where you plan on riding?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:15 pm 

I live by a off Road Park , Check out link....I have 11 bikes , mostly two strokes. I need to sell a few, Pilot takes up alot of room
http://www.outbackadventuretrack.webs.com/

redskinman wrote:
Yeah where you gonna ride it? :-)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:34 pm 

Welcome to the site! You should hit up Turbotexas (can you guess where he lives? LOL) if you want to ride with a wild guy with a pilot.

I also see a Shelby, is that yours or the previous owner of your pilot? I assume the previous owners since the pic has 2 pilots and you said you only have the one. Pretty cool car though!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:01 pm 

Howdy,
The Shelby is not mine, the crazy thing is ....I would rather take it a part then drive it...
Do you live close to Western Container ? Home base is in Midland. don't tel no one but I am from W. Covina

nickRNR wrote:
Welcome to the site! You should hit up Turbotexas (can you guess where he lives? LOL) if you want to ride with a wild guy with a pilot.

I also see a Shelby, is that yours or the previous owner of your pilot? I assume the previous owners since the pic has 2 pilots and you said you only have the one. Pretty cool car though!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:02 pm 

Vintagerider wrote:
Howdy,
The Shelby is not mine, the crazy thing is ....I would rather take it a part then drive it...
Do you live close to Western Container ? Home base is in Midland. don't tel no one but I am from W. Covina

nickRNR wrote:

That is too funny.... I am from W. Covina as well. I now live in Round Rock TX near Austin. Let me know when you would like to get some ridding in! Congrats on the Pilot!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:45 pm 

1frc,
I went to Del Norte and Edgewood before they closed. Can you tell by my gramer and speling ?

Anyways .....I buzzed the neighborhood and got every kid and grandma's attention, felt like the old days....

I have my new toy on the harbor freight bike lift...I like to take things a part :-) ..good thing too! The airbox boot was loose and had a lot of crud stuck to the sides..also one cv boot is bleeding some kind of alien juice....The carb has a 135,needle all the way lean and 2 turns out with a cold fat looking plug.. something is up but i luv vintage 2 strokes

Do you remember Covina Yamaha? and Berts?

1frc wrote:
Vintagerider wrote:
Howdy,

nickRNR wrote:

That is too funny.... I am from W. Covina as well. I now live in Round Rock TX near Austin. Let me know when you would like to get some ridding in! Congrats on the Pilot!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:28 pm 

Vintagerider wrote:
I have my new toy on the harbor freight bike lift...

How does the pilot fit on there? Any chance to get a pic or two? I have thought about buying one of those for a while now, just not sure if the pilot would fit reasonably!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:55 pm 

I use 4x6 wood blocks under frame...there is a pull out door that I think would be great for fluid draining ..will need to make some custom blocks for that to work...I will get some pics for u soon

p.s. get the 299 coupon from the back of a bike mag

nitrosport_5 wrote:
Vintagerider wrote:
I have my new toy on the harbor freight bike lift...

How does the pilot fit on there? Any chance to get a pic or two? I have thought about buying one of those for a while now, just not sure if the pilot would fit reasonably!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:00 am 

If it is this lift, this is the one I use to remove engines from VW's! My neighbor uses one to lift his Can-Am Outlander.

http://www.harborfreight.com/media/cata ... _14601.jpg

Rand

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:27 am 

http://www.harborfreight.com/1000-lb-ca ... 68892.html that is the lift that i was talking about, and i believe he was to. I have a craftsman lift much like the one you posted Rand, but if i try to lift the Odyssey on it it does not work. Its too heavy in the back!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:14 am 

Vintagerider wrote:
Howdy,
I joined the other day but did not post because I didn't have the Pilot yet....I just got home with it ...Ye haa...cant wait to ride it! There is still one left in Dallas TX.

what did you think of the other pilot? Did you drive it? How bent was the frame?
thanks

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:31 pm 

I did not drive it but kick myself for not buying it for parts at least...2 for 6500..and they look better then anything on feebay

quote="redskinman"]
Vintagerider wrote:
Howdy,

what did you think of the other pilot? Did you drive it? How bent was the frame?
thanks[/quote]

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:37 pm 

That is the one...besides being at a great height , all wheels and suspension parts are free in air. Easy to check for free play... Now the other lift i will sell it for 200 hehehe

nitrosport_5 wrote:
http://www.harborfreight.com/1000-lb-capacity-motorcycle-lift-68892.html" .".. that is the lift that i was talking about, and i believe he was to. I have a craftsman lift much like the one you posted Rand, but if i try to lift the Odyssey on it it does not work. Its too heavy in the back!

Attachments:
lift.jpg
lift.jpg [ 50.13 KiB | Viewed 615 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:11 pm 

Yeah u should have
I wish I would have seen it sooner
Called him this morning but someone was on their way and they bought it
Looks like the guy didn't know what he had or didn't care cause those were a steal for that price

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:10 pm 

I found one in Ok city a Month and a half ago but the guy pulled my chain every week. he had 2 as well ...The ones in Dallas are in far better condition... Glad I waited now..

All this yakin I have not even riden one yet...

redskinman wrote:
Yeah u should have
I wish I would have seen it sooner
Called him this morning but someone was on their way and they bought it
Looks like the guy didn't know what he had or didn't care cause those were a steal for that price

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:16 pm 

Vintagerider wrote:
Howdy,

Profile E-mail