Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: BASTOW LT fun
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:42 pm 

Sounds like it would be fun. But I know I can only do about 20 miles on a tank of fuel. I have done a few 40 mile quad rallies up here there a lot of fun. But I have blown up a few times on them, usually on the second leg of the rallie. Just running alittle to lean. And possibably some destination.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:07 pm 

hoser wrote:
J-CO wrote:
hoser wrote:
J-CO wrote:
hoser wrote:
Dave-Co wrote:
Not many know the area like J-CO does, he is my 19 year old son who is in the the videos

You guys should organize a unofficial 'race' and invite all the Pilots, Odysseys, Revolts, Drakarts mini buggies etc. and have some fun, make it a few hour long race not them 10 min heats on a groomed track :-)

we can make it go on the actual race course out there that has been raced on since the 70's , if you want rough that's the place :-)

I was not necessarily seeking rough I was how ever seeking a mans race not a pussified 10 min race on a manicured dirt track where you hit the same jump 55 times in the 10 min because the course is so small, I was thinking something that was actually challenging and fun where the adrenalin rush last for hours not 10 min, where you burn 40 gallons of gas not 1 gallon, where the race makes it worth the drive to get their, where you can actually tell if you were smart enough to properly prep your machine for the ride or just lucky it ran the whole 1 hr for the race weekend, where you can see if you can actually drive and not just lucky you didnt fuk up in your little 10 min short distance race around the parking lot sized track.

don't get me wrong I get the short track thing its a spectator sport for you to drag your family and friends to and show how good you are for that big whopping 10 minutes running around the dust proofed almost mud proofed groomed track, I been their done that at lease back when I was doing the short course racing thing the races were long enough little guy with the small racing budget could be a player by simply laying back and waiting for the others to crash or break down, for some its all they have time in their life for they cant afford to make a ride that last any longer, nutten wrong with that I been their many times.

After riding over 8000 miles in the desert I found out what I had been missing and the time I wasted on short rides they were great times but now with the cost of transportation, for me, getting the biggest bang for the buck is the most important, seat time is the most important, short rides in confined areas no longer has the appeal of riding down a trail where the terrain, bumps, jumps are never the same and the chances of you ever remembering a hazard are slim to none, where if you missed something in your pre ride check or your post ride maintenance might leave you walking for miles not feet the adrenalin runs last all day long because your trying to make thousands of calculations per second to keep the rubber side down as you push it harder and harder to go faster across the unknown.

If its a course I have not been on before rough or not you have my interest! Long as it last more than an hr per day seat time :-)

i hear that , come up with a course and i am game , those ones u made on Google earth are nice , racing against one other person like my brother is not worth a half/all day event.

I bet we can lay out something on the fly, we all meet up then spend a day or so riding every body decide what they like then lay out a course and run it, we can record where we been running then at night load it on the PC look it over in Google Earth decide on a fun run then do it, personally I rather make two 50 mile laps than ten 10 mile laps, its bigger rush riding into the unknown at speed :-)

It can be stagger starts or we all can line up at once and do the land rush style starts like they do at Crandon

True That , Like Dave-co had said about Middle of November around that time would be nice , i like longer lap races , Land rushes are fun but knowing someone is either way out in front of you or behind you gets you going , just the thought of catching them or be caught by someone else with no dust control everyone being right on top of each other cant even see , when i make mine i use Google earth there as well , hotel right across the street cant beat that.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:34 am 

Lou at AVE racing let me race in my pilot in California City! I had stock suspension and was able to place at several races! The pilot was beating the utv's because the pilot wouldn't break down!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:38 am 

And your right a stock pilot is fun in Barstow, but not that fast!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:26 am 

Turbotexas wrote:

Fun is what its all about IMO I wouldn't mind a quick race to get the blood flowing but think I enjoy a long ass desert ride where you can actually see the desert and enjoy it better, the 100 mile trips before going back to camp are the best, return to camp refuel then head off in another direction get about 50 miles from camp turn around head back :-)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:51 am 

hoser wrote:
Turbotexas wrote:

Fun is what its all about IMO I wouldn't mind a quick race to get the blood flowing but think I enjoy a long ass desert ride where you can actually see the desert and enjoy it better, the 100 mile trips before going back to camp are the best, return to camp refuel then head off in another direction get about 50 miles from camp turn around head back :-)

Those are great! Like when I came to Angel Fire and tagged along with you in the RZR!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=T1AUCtc0zqs

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:28 am 

Turbotexas wrote:
hoser wrote:
Turbotexas wrote:

Those are great! Like when I came to Angel Fire and tagged along with you in the RZR!

That was a memorable trip, have you talked to Dave-Co about a 2 seat to fill your 2 seat requirements, maybe a VW Bug slightly modified for off road would be the ticket don't have to be a full on race machine like Dave's but comparable to buying a Polaris RZR, 2 seats, actually could be 4 seats in a Bug, 12" suspension travel, Engine with enough power to equal the power to weight ratio found in a RZR yet run on pump gas and rock solid reliable.

Remember the old board member named JMS (from my old site) he use to race all them desert races by Plaster City and won a lot, not by having the biggest baddest fastest car but finishing the race without incident.

I bet their are some modified Bugs out their just ready for a new owner at a reasonable price, I would pick one that is street legal or easily returned to street legal.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:58 am 

hoser wrote:
Turbotexas wrote:
hoser wrote:
Turbotexas wrote:

That was a memorable trip, have you talked to Dave-Co about a 2 seat to fill your 2 seat requirements, maybe a VW Bug slightly modified for off road would be the ticket don't have to be a full on race machine like Dave's but comparable to buying a Polaris RZR, 2 seats, actually could be 4 seats in a Bug, 12" suspension travel, Engine with enough power to equal the power to weight ratio found in a RZR yet run on pump gas and rock solid reliable.

Remember the old board member named JMS (from my old site) he use to race all them desert races by Plaster City and won a lot, not by having the biggest baddest fastest car but finishing the race without incident.

I bet their are some modified Bugs out their just ready for a new owner at a reasonable price, I would pick one that is street legal or easily returned to street legal.

I'm going to get a few other projects started/completed first! I finally got the IRS off my back!

Profile E-mail