Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...


PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png PilotOdyssey.com V2.0   
It is currently Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 10:31 pm
Posts: 5508
Location: New Jersey
My condolences for your loss.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:12 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:56 pm
Posts: 550
Here is some pictures of the new one and my last one, had a lot of fun burning metal


Attachments:
pilot 054.jpg
pilot 054.jpg [ 66.27 KiB | Viewed 1218 times ]
pilot 055.jpg
pilot 055.jpg [ 68.55 KiB | Viewed 1218 times ]
pilot 056.jpg
pilot 056.jpg [ 73.7 KiB | Viewed 1218 times ]
pilot 057.jpg
pilot 057.jpg [ 66.3 KiB | Viewed 1218 times ]
pilot 058.jpg
pilot 058.jpg [ 82.73 KiB | Viewed 1218 times ]
pilot 058.jpg
pilot 058.jpg [ 82.73 KiB | Viewed 1218 times ]
Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:17 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:56 pm
Posts: 550
and some more


Attachments:
pilot 058.jpg
pilot 058.jpg [ 82.73 KiB | Viewed 1217 times ]
pilot 062.jpg
pilot 062.jpg [ 56.21 KiB | Viewed 1217 times ]
pilot 063.jpg
pilot 063.jpg [ 69.76 KiB | Viewed 1217 times ]
pilot 064.jpg
pilot 064.jpg [ 80.57 KiB | Viewed 1217 times ]
pilot 065.jpg
pilot 065.jpg [ 75.22 KiB | Viewed 1217 times ]
pilot 066.jpg
pilot 066.jpg [ 57.81 KiB | Viewed 1217 times ]
Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:22 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:56 pm
Posts: 550
and some more


Attachments:
pilot 068.jpg
pilot 068.jpg [ 62.33 KiB | Viewed 1217 times ]
pilot 069.jpg
pilot 069.jpg [ 37.66 KiB | Viewed 1217 times ]
pilot 070.jpg
pilot 070.jpg [ 43.3 KiB | Viewed 1217 times ]
pilot 072.jpg
pilot 072.jpg [ 40.62 KiB | Viewed 1217 times ]
pilot 075.jpg
pilot 075.jpg [ 86.82 KiB | Viewed 1217 times ]
pilot 079.jpg
pilot 079.jpg [ 85.65 KiB | Viewed 1217 times ]
Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:26 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:56 pm
Posts: 550
and last, if I posted the same photos twice sorry. Hope you like them


Attachments:
pilot 073.jpg
pilot 073.jpg [ 36.96 KiB | Viewed 1217 times ]
pilot 076.jpg
pilot 076.jpg [ 88.54 KiB | Viewed 1217 times ]
pilot 077.jpg
pilot 077.jpg [ 85.82 KiB | Viewed 1217 times ]
pilot 078.jpg
pilot 078.jpg [ 63.74 KiB | Viewed 1217 times ]
pilot 079.jpg
pilot 079.jpg [ 85.65 KiB | Viewed 1217 times ]
pilot 080.jpg
pilot 080.jpg [ 85.22 KiB | Viewed 1217 times ]
Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:30 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:51 am
Posts: 2702
Location: Upland, Ca
They look bitchen buddy. Hey we are having a race on feb 2nd. Could you and your boys come out and race at milestone with us? Would love to see those things work. Your aarms look great


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:46 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:56 pm
Posts: 550
Thank you Rusty, will let you know about Feb 2, getting ready for a big one at state line in Feb, will know more as it gets closer. We will make one this year if you are having more--Dave


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:45 pm
Posts: 118
I'm Interested, Your kit looks awesome.
Is the LT kit still available?
If so how much are you selling them for?, and would this kit work with Fox 2.0 Air Shocks?
Any info would be appreciated.
Thanks.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:46 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:17 pm
Posts: 2825
Location: Wichita ks
Thanks for sharing the pics and info on the build.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:56 pm
Posts: 550
Got some 18 inch fox air shocks today, going to start LT number 3 in a couple of weeks but with 12 inch air shocks in the rear. Will set everything up as I did with coilovers incase I don't like the air shocks or should I say my 13 year old son doesnt like them. New learning curve for me, zero experience with air shocks.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:17 pm
Posts: 2825
Location: Wichita ks
I have zero experence with them as well so I for one look forward to the post. Maybe put in different post. If "H" is in the mood maybe he can put it in projects under your own heading. I noticed many have been leaning toward air shocks as a less expensinve option and the information would be most valuable to others as well as myself.

Adnoh.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2003 2:40 pm
Posts: 22077
Location: Chicago
adnoh wrote:
I have zero experence with them as well so I for one look forward to the post. Maybe put in different post. If "H" is in the mood maybe he can put it in projects under your own heading. I noticed many have been leaning toward air shocks as a less expensinve option and the information would be most valuable to others as well as myself.

Adnoh.



I went air shocks for 2 reasons, all the top winning stadium lites back then used them, they weigh about 1/2 what ATV Racing was using for their LT kit, I wanted to buy shocks one time and at the time could not afford a LT kit knowing if I ever went to a LT kit on my Pilot all I would need to do was change valving oil level and pressure to make them work the choice was simple, went +2.5 in the front later on never went LT in the rear probably never will ..

Once installed and tuned I bet Dave will like them too.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:17 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:56 pm
Posts: 550
The expense is what I am looking at, when the time comes maybe hoser can give me some tips on tuning them. I bought the front fox air shocks used but in decent condition for 140 for the pair. I can buy the 12 inch travel fox air shocks for 165 ea brand new 100 dollars less than the 12 inch coilovers minus springs which are about 85 bucks for springs per shock . Time, just not enough in my days.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2003 2:40 pm
Posts: 22077
Location: Chicago
Dave-Co wrote:
The expense is what I am looking at, when the time comes maybe hoser can give me some tips on tuning them. I bought the front fox air shocks used but in decent condition for 140 for the pair. I can buy the 12 inch travel fox air shocks for 165 ea brand new 100 dollars less than the 12 inch coilovers minus springs which are about 85 bucks for springs per shock . Time, just not enough in my days.


165 each is a great price on new FOX airs nice score, talk to some of the guys that have recently installed a set of the FOX airs on the rear of the Pilot for settings I have modified mine so much and so many times I forget what my current settings are you will love the airs when it comes to turning the valve stacks are pretty standard and probably what your use to working with in a shock the spring rate is changed by pressure and the volume of oil in the shocks.

Give this a read.http://www.pirate4x4.com/tech/billavist ... index.html

Here is some info and mods on mine I have compiled over the years http://pilotodyssey.com/fox-home.htm

Any questions just ask I will help where I can.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=9357


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:08 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:56 pm
Posts: 550
Thank you very much hoser


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 10:31 pm
Posts: 5508
Location: New Jersey
I as well would be interested in a complete front and rear kit too Dave if possible. Could you sell it with the axles as well by chance? I can get the rear and front shocks, but are you going to mod the rear for 12' Fox airs or 16". Did I misread the post?


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 5:58 pm
Posts: 1906
Location: near NJ rider
Man that's gotta be fun!

I'd like to see some video of all those pilots running hard together!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:29 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2003 2:40 pm
Posts: 22077
Location: Chicago
FOX will also be displaying the new External Cooling System (ECS)—code-named “Cactus Cooler”— which is available for all new and existing bypass shocks. Without employing pumps or fans, it uses the normal motion of the shock piston as it cycles up and down to pump fluid through a fully adjustable bypass check valve, which then moves the fluid into a billet aluminum and stainless steel heat sink. Effectively dropping shock temperatures over 100 degrees, your shocks work faster and last longer, providing nonstop performance.


Attachments:
FOX_ECS.jpg
FOX_ECS.jpg [ 39.41 KiB | Viewed 834 times ]
Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:04 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:56 pm
Posts: 550
what is the biggest fing joke about those shocks is John Marking who is a long long time friend of mine who is the big cheese at Fox I tried for years to get him to make recirculating shocks and all he ever would tell me is it wont do anything then they come out with this shock about 35 years late like they re invented the light bulb. I agree, that puny set up wont do diddly, oil and lots of it is what keeps a shock cool. My class 11 has 3 gallons of oil that is circulated per shock and you can put your hand on it after a hundred miles of use! 100 degrees??? what a joke. My dad came out with this set up in 1977 when we were burning shocks off the car in a Baja 1000 or 500 or less, literally burning the paint off of bilstien shocks and turning them black and why the top shock makers still do not get it is beyond me. Think about this, if I had a trophy truck which burns up shocks on the front and back because of heat and massive shock fade I would run the resivor lines up threw the cab and mount the resis obove the back of the cab and make them as wide as the cab in the wind and presto, heating problem gone forever but no they come out with a tiny set up that just gives a taste of the cooling they could have. With double lines and 1 way check valves it does not mater how long the lines and resivors are, the longer the more oil the farther the more oil. Simple isnt it?? not to the big shock companies. I tell you this, that new light bulb Fox came out with will for sure bankrupt your piggy bank!! For a 100 degree difference LOL which will still be entirely to hot.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2003 2:40 pm
Posts: 22077
Location: Chicago
Dave-Co wrote:
what is the biggest fing joke about those shocks is John Marking who is a long long time friend of mine who is the big cheese at Fox I tried for years to get him to make recirculating shocks and all he ever would tell me is it wont do anything then they come out with this shock about 35 years late like they re invented the light bulb. I agree, that puny set up wont do diddly, oil and lots of it is what keeps a shock cool. My class 11 has 3 gallons of oil that is circulated per shock and you can put your hand on it after a hundred miles of use! 100 degrees??? what a joke. My dad came out with this set up in 1977 when we were burning shocks off the car in a Baja 1000 or 500 or less, literally burning the paint off of bilstien shocks and turning them black and why the top shock makers still do not get it is beyond me. Think about this, if I had a trophy truck which burns up shocks on the front and back because of heat and massive shock fade I would run the resivor lines up threw the cab and mount the resis obove the back of the cab and make them as wide as the cab in the wind and presto, heating problem gone forever but no they come out with a tiny set up that just gives a taste of the cooling they could have. With double lines and 1 way check valves it does not mater how long the lines and resivors are, the longer the more oil the farther the more oil. Simple isnt it?? not to the big shock companies. I tell you this, that new light bulb Fox came out with will for sure bankrupt your piggy bank!! For a 100 degree difference LOL which will still be entirely to hot.



I remember you telling me about your recirculating setup years ago on a VW site think it was the class11 site, I ran across this setup today thought you would get a good laugh so post it :-)

Might be time for you to make kits and sell them ?


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 5:58 pm
Posts: 1906
Location: near NJ rider
bullnerd wrote:
Man that's gotta be fun!

I'd like to see some video of all those pilots running hard together!


I second this guy! :-)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:56 pm
Posts: 550
Was looking on e bay and cannot believe how cheap and plentifull 450 quad arms are, found my sorce for ball joints, just orderd a brand new set of arms with all the pieces that go to them for 99 bucks. All I will do with them is cut the ball joint out. They are on these as cheap as 9 bucks!!


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:58 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2003 2:40 pm
Posts: 22077
Location: Chicago
Dave-Co wrote:
Was looking on e bay and cannot believe how cheap and plentifull 450 quad arms are, found my sorce for ball joints, just orderd a brand new set of arms with all the pieces that go to them for 99 bucks. All I will do with them is cut the ball joint out. They are on these as cheap as 9 bucks!!


Wow your not kidding here is a brand new set not takes offs for 120.00
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-TRX450R-T ... 0f&vxp=mtr

Another that is new take offs for 125.00
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-TRX-HONDA-T ... bf&vxp=mtr

Used set for 125.00

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2005-2004-TRX-4 ... 1f&vxp=mtr


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:25 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:13 am
Posts: 3411
Location: PERTH WESTERN AUSTRALIA
bullnerd wrote:
bullnerd wrote:
Man that's gotta be fun!

I'd like to see some video of all those pilots running hard together!


I second this guy! :-)


I 3rd this bloke!
Why no vids yet? Surely the best way to showcase your kit?


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Registered users: B S, Bing [Bot], daddyrat, FloridaEdd, Google [Bot], rarerat, wyeeoddy, Yahoo [Bot]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group