Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 8:09 pm 

messing around last weekend came up with a fully adjustable top rear long travel 4130 arm, while I was at it I made 2 sets

Attachments:
100_2296.JPG
100_2296.JPG [ 54.58 KiB | Viewed 3339 times ]
100_2299.JPG
100_2299.JPG [ 51.16 KiB | Viewed 3339 times ]
100_2300.JPG
100_2300.JPG [ 46.6 KiB | Viewed 3339 times ]
100_2301.JPG
100_2301.JPG [ 43.27 KiB | Viewed 3339 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 9:03 pm 

Planning on making a rear set that can be sold to a guy like me? A total complete set uppers and lowers???

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 9:34 pm 

dave what axles are you using

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 9:52 pm 

No problem, you were going to call me and did not hear from you. Yes I can build what you want Mud, have sway away axles on my pilots

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 10:31 pm 

are they the same length as atvr lt axles

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 12:13 am 

yes, that is where atv gets the lt axles. Did your custom axle work out? thought about trying that just to see if it would work. The sway away are torsional, a stock one is not, basically a cast iron axle

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 12:41 am 

It worked great I took first place with his pilot in the first heat but didnt race the second heat due to halos crash and hetting his motorhome home while he went to the hospitol.

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 7:24 pm 

so no problem, I really thought of doing it and now I will on the jethro fab Pilot. I think I bought the last pair atv had, I have everything, the best hymes, front and rear arms, links, made the steering just didnt put it on because of the axles. Thank you for the info Rusty

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:55 pm 

Dave, do you mind sharing some of the results on your rear arms

How much travel are you now getting?

Did you dial in the travel to be conservative to the CV joints?

How much do you think it widened the rear track overall?

Also, you mentioned you are using sway away, have they held up well for you?

If you answered these questions before, I apologize

Thanks,

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:51 pm 

The new top arm does several things, less camber change threw the travel which mine travels close to 14 inches in the rear, I run 30 degrees down on the cv ny axle stops about 1/8 from hitting the stock battery box going up one of the big things this arm prevents is blowing the pivots off your pilot if you use a 12 inch travel shock or usa a ATV racing top ARM. The ATV long travel arms I bought would require the use of a 1 inch spacer inside the shock or a very high dollar special length shock to fit ATV racings set up so you will not blow the pivots off the frame as the shock is the up and down stops of the wheel. My shocks do not stand straight up as I have seen on ATV pilots giving them a 1 to 1 ratio basicly. mine tilt in and forward allowing the wheel to out travel the shock going up threw the travel. If I took the time to work with shock cans and and shock shaft lengths my arm would allow 16 or more travel in the rear with out ever threatening the rear pivots. ATV has left a ton of travel that can never be had with the rear of there long travel if you want to call it that, sure you can make the hoopd to allow 30 degrees of drop all day long with there arm but what good is 8-9 degree axle angle max up?. Mine also ads about 3 inches to the wheelbase pushing the rear wheel back 3 inches where I have found it to be a lot happier threw the travel.. ATV racing is absolutely nothing more than a stock pilot rear end stretched 2.2 inches wider .The axle goes forward and the wheel is in the stock location, only out 2.2 inches out. Hope these answers help, I have spent a lot of time figuring this stuff out, I have built over 10 different arm desings, wasted hundreds of dollars of expencive 4130 and changed shock hoops locations to find more wheeltravel and to find where the wheel really travels the best. The pilot rear end is really a funky dumb desing, I have no idea what they were smoking in Japan when they designed that rear end. Good luck

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:56 pm 

Hey dave give me a call i want redo my pilot atvr lt rear with yours

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:39 am 

Dave I am sorry I forgot about this. I will call you either today or tomorrow in regards to a kit. Again,my apologies I totally forgot about calling you. :-) Also what rims are you using on the pilot pictured? I see they have the reinforcement rings in them, do you have a idea where you purchased them from?

Profile E-mail