Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:51 am 

Does anyone know the best way to un-plug a stock 1984 fl250 exhaust pipe? I have heard to use a blow torch or even a heat gun to leaving it in the campfire. Does anyone have a trick for unpluging thoses old pipes? Also, does anyone know the best way to repair a cracked intake boot?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:53 pm 

CJ 659 wrote:
Does anyone know the best way to un-plug a stock 1984 fl250 exhaust pipe? I have heard to use a blow torch or even a heat gun to leaving it in the campfire. Does anyone have a trick for unpluging thoses old pipes? Also, does anyone know the best way to repair a cracked intake boot?

What makes you think its plugged up?

These OEM pipes are lined with insulation about 3/8" thick then they have expanded metal over the insulation to help keep it in place, this makes the pipes quiet.

You will hear and read all over the place about cleaning a 2 cycle pipe using heat or flame this does not apply to OEM pipes but does to aftermarket pipes that has no insulation inside them, this is pure ignorance, stupidity advice coming from people with no attention to detail.

My first 2 stroke was back in 1972 I have owned them ever since I have yet to see a pipe that needed cleaned on the inside and or where cleaning it did any good for the owner other than psychologically enhance their manhood.

I have seen countless times where the SPARK ARRESTOR was dirty and plugged up.

I suppose if your one of them morons you see riding around with your jetting so rich a blue trail of smoke follows you their could be a significant build up of carbon in your pipe, I doubt you will recover any measurable HP by cleaning the pipe, MORE gains would come by properly jetting your Engine.

Search the internet on this subject you will find hundreds of people ho will bet their life your 2 stroke will run better if you bake your pipe, make sure you ask to see the proof other than their 'feelings' , good luck!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:32 pm 

Funny thing... only oil comes out of the pipe...no exhaust.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:33 pm 

hoser wrote:
CJ 659 wrote:

These OEM pipes are lined with insulation about 3/8" thick then they have expanded metal over the insulation to help keep it in place, this makes the pipes quiet.

You will hear and read all over the place about cleaning a 2 cycle pipe using heat or flame this does not apply to OEM pipes but does to aftermarket pipes that has no insulation inside them, this is pure ignorance, stupidity advice coming from people with no attention to detail.

My first 2 stroke was back in 1972 I have owned them ever since I have yet to see a pipe that needed cleaned on the inside and or where cleaning it did any good for the owner other than psychologically enhance their manhood.

I suppose if your one of them morons you see riding around with your jetting so rich a blue trail of smoke follows you their could be a significant build up of carbon in your pipe, I doubt you will recover any measurable HP by cleaning the pipe, MORE gains would come by properly jetting your Engine.

Search the internet on this subject you will find hundreds of people ho will bet their life your 2 stroke will run better if you bake your pipe, make sure you ask to see the proof other than their 'feelings' , good luck!

Funny thing...it is definitely plugged, because no exhaust comes out of it...only a dribble of oil

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:36 pm 

CJ 659 wrote:
hoser wrote:
CJ 659 wrote:

Funny thing...it is definitely plugged, because no exhaust comes out of it...only a dribble of oil. I also don't have a spark arrestor on it.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:15 pm 

CJ 659 wrote:
hoser wrote:
CJ 659 wrote:

Funny thing...it is definitely plugged, because no exhaust comes out of it...only a dribble of oil

Then it has a mouse nest or something inside, you have removed the end of it, the spark arrester ?

If the spark arrester is removed then try running something flexible through the pipe, a old guys out of a speedometer cable usually works you can try a plumbing snake.

You have pics?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:41 pm 

hoser wrote:
CJ 659 wrote:
hoser wrote:
CJ 659 wrote:

Then it has a mouse nest or something inside, you have removed the end of it, the spark arrester ?

If the spark arrester is removed then try running something flexible through the pipe, a old guys out of a speedometer cable usually works you can try a plumbing snake.

You have pics?

Well, good news!...sorta... I tried pushing a cable through the exhaust, but it didn't do anything. So I used a screwdriver, and I wacked it into the hole a few times. All the exaust when it idles come out of it now, except when I goose it, it comes out of the intake boot and exaust manifold. So pretty much ive got to seal up the boot, and use some high temp silicon(as recommended) to seal the exaust back up. YAY! it lives again!! :-) :-) :-) :-)

Profile E-mail