Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:07 pm 

I would like to update this thread for a moment.
It's winter here now so I was ripping my oddy motors apart (again).
I went to my local NAPA dealer here in town which is owned by my friend from high school.
I asked him to see if he could get these 45x62x11 double lip seals we are all looking for and they just called and said they can get them in a week maybe two at most but they were 1mm narrower (45x62x10 DC). They called me twice to confirm that I wanted DC style. I told him to get 6 for me. If they are the right ones I will post all info here. Not sure yet but it sounds good and both companies are reputable and take credit cards. Will keep you all posted.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:04 pm 

canadian oddy wrote:
I went to my local NAPA dealer here in town which is owned by my friend from high school.
I asked him to see if he could get these 45x62x11 double lip seals we are all looking for and they just called and said they can get them in a week maybe two at most but they were 1mm narrower (45x62x10 DC). They called me twice to confirm that I wanted DC style. I told him to get 6 for me. If they are the right ones I will post all info here. Not sure yet but it sounds good and both companies are reputable and take credit cards. Will keep you all posted.

That would be great, thanks, did he mention a price?

Once you get please post detail pictures of the seals.

The next time you talk to him see if he can get them 42x65x11 same thing the DC type seal these are for the Pilot crank that has the double seal or the springs on both sides.

Thanks.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:56 am 

hoser wrote:
canadian oddy wrote:

The next time you talk to him see if he can get them 42x65x11 same thing the DC type seal these are for the Pilot crank that has the double seal or the springs on both sides.

Thanks.

I didn't ask about price. I just told him to get em. I need them.
I will ask tomorrow about the 42x65x11 DC.
Will keep you posted.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:24 pm 

canadian oddy wrote:
hoser wrote:
canadian oddy wrote:

Thanks.

Will keep you posted.

Well I think I have good news.
it's not the mythical golden fleece but my guy at NAPA is going to get me that 42x65x11 pilot crank seal. He said it will be here in two days. The only issue is that the seal is 42x65x10 and availability is not an issue. They have lots. I do not own a pilot but I ordered one anyway and when it gets here I will post pictures. Then I will ship it to Hoser FREE as well as the contact info for this seal. Hoser can verify it's the right seal when he gets it and can post. But I am getting ahead of myself here as I am not holding the golden fleece in my hand at this point so right now it's still a fable.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:46 pm 

canadian oddy wrote:
canadian oddy wrote:
hoser wrote:
canadian oddy wrote:

Thanks.

Will keep you posted.

Well I think I have good news.
it's not the mythical golden fleece but my guy at NAPA is going to get me that 42x65x11 pilot crank seal. He said it will be here in two days. The only issue is that the seal is 42x65x10 and availability is not an issue. They have lots. I do not own a pilot but I ordered one anyway and when it gets here I will post pictures. Then I will ship it to Hoser FREE as well as the contact info for this seal. Hoser can verify it's the right seal when he gets it and can post. But I am getting ahead of myself here as I am not holding the golden fleece in my hand at this point so right now it's still a fable.

That is good news, thanks.

Would it be better or easier if you gave me the number and I went to my local NAPA guy?

Right now I don't see the width being any kind of a issue but will study the cases and the area where the seal lips ride again just to make sure, I might have to make a special seal installer since the seal should be set 1mm below the surface of the cases on the balancer gear side.

The reason for setting the seal 1mm below the surface would be to maintain the same crank case volume in the crank cases, not sure if that 1mm would be a issue or not maybe adnoh could chime in give his thoughts?

Thanks for the good news cant wait to see the seal.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:04 pm 

The seal is not coming from NAPA.
They are ordering it from B.C Bearing, a company that has been around this province since the beginning of time. I will include all the info in the package when seal arrives.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:15 pm 

canadian oddy wrote:
The seal is not coming from NAPA.
They are ordering it from B.C Bearing, a company that has been around this province since the beginning of time. I will include all the info in the package when seal arrives.

Oh ok thanks.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:57 pm 

Well it was to good to be true. The seals came in today and they are all single spring. No good.
I sent them all back. FFF. Sorry to get everyone's hopes up but warren specified double lip dual spring DC style and they said they had them but that's not what we got. I had him call them back and now they say can't get those. Unbelievable.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:10 pm 

I bet they had the , what I call, wiper lip on them. Most people just looking at them thinking the wiper is a sealing surface. We gotta keep trying must be something out there.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:30 pm 

canadian oddy wrote:
Well it was to good to be true. The seals came in today and they are all single spring. No good.
I sent them all back. FFF. Sorry to get everyone's hopes up but warren specified double lip dual spring DC style and they said they had them but that's not what we got. I had him call them back and now they say can't get those. Unbelievable.

Thanks for your efforts, don't feel bad this kind of thing happens to me all the time, funny thing is they do it for a living and still get it wrong.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:52 pm 

DMoneyAllstar wrote:
Randman wrote:
I'll give Joe the credit for chasing all this stuff down.

I'm a cheap bastard and usually make my own gaskets but there are those out there that couldn't or wouldn't know how to make a gasket if their life depended on it.

Also chasing stuff down from different individuals or shops can be a pain in the ass plus you have to pay shipping costs for each of the different places where purchased. For what you get in the kit, it's not a horrible deal.

Kudos to ODDATV1......

Rand

100% agreed! :-)

Not trying to rain on Joe's parade whatsoever. Just very, very glad someone had the balls to make it happen.

I installed the OddATV1 Engine oil seal kit in my Engine today, and they install & fit great.

Attachments:
IMAG2254.jpg
IMAG2254.jpg [ 38.26 KiB | Viewed 4493 times ]
 Profile E-mail