Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: NJORP closing down today
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:00 am 

Saw in my local paper today was the last day for NEW JERSEY'S only off road legal ride park, how are we to do anything here anymore?Link to the article:

http://www.mycentraljersey.com/apps/pbc ... E/80830025

owner is looking for other property-but just like the owners of the PARAGON off road park, it is just too expensive to purchase such acerage needed for a park these days.

I particularly love the comment made by the poster on the bottom of the page-feel free to reply back-what a MORON-I can't believe that reply----

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:34 am 

How about we organize a "grass roots" demonstration of civil disobedience? I say we have ask everyone in NJ to bring out their ATVs and form a 50+ mile parade down the "Garden" State Parkway (this is just full of irony). What a spectacle that would be.

Bring your EZ Pass!!!

I'll haveto admit, I didn't patronize NJORVP as much as I would have liked. Price was high (probably more a factor of insurance and rent versus maint. costs) and the park was relatively small, especially for Pilots and Ody's. I guess the brianpowers in Trenton would prefer we do what countless others who are fed up with this BS have done: move out of the state.

Pnut

Post subject: Good idea...
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:43 pm 

Good idea Pnut, but you are up against a group of legislators who will outlaw your bikes and quads by requiring registration and insurance with no place to ride them legally. This is exactly the reason I moved out of Jersey and you will never see any of my tax dollars going NJ ever again.

Good luck and it is a great time to buy in Michigan!!

http://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,1607,7-15 ... --,00.html

Pilotman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:50 pm 

Sounds like Connecticut. Pay for a registration and there is no place to ride. Funny thing is, is back in 1986 a law was passed requiring the state to set aside land for atv use. Funds from the atv registration pot would be used to help manage and maintain the park. Well, 22 yrs later we still have nothing. So, I don't reg. in CT. If you are caught, you get a ticket for something, unregistered vehicle, trespassing, unauthorized access to a roadway etc. So I save on the reg fees and taxes since I will be given a ticket anyway.
This may change though. Last week I found that PA acknowledges the CT atv reg. So I could reg here and meet up with you guys in PA for a ride, legally.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:18 pm 

King Kx wrote:
Sounds like Connecticut. Pay for a registration and there is no place to ride. Funny thing is, is back in 1986 a law was passed requiring the state to set aside land for atv use. Funds from the atv registration pot would be used to help manage and maintain the park. Well, 22 yrs later we still have nothing. So, I don't reg. in CT. If you are caught, you get a ticket for something, unregistered vehicle, trespassing, unauthorized access to a roadway etc. So I save on the reg fees and taxes since I will be given a ticket anyway.
This may change though. Last week I found that PA acknowledges the CT atv reg. So I could reg here and meet up with you guys in PA for a ride, legally.

"Legal riding" not sure if that actually exsists...... :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:02 pm 

cafercr35 wrote:
King Kx wrote:

"Legal riding" not sure if that actually exsists...... :shock:

LOL nothing in Jersey is legal these days-BLOWS-mabye I can register my stuff in Michigan?I have a good friend who lives there----

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:18 pm 

Come meet me up off of I 87 in NY. About and hour to hour and half north of the city. $30 ride all day. Very few other riders (usually). Pilot friendly track, harescramble course for the bikes.

There is a 55acre wooded lot for sale in my town for 250K. I want to buy it just so I have a place to ride locally, Then I look at my bank statements.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:44 am 

Just get 500 of your closest riding buddies to cough up $500 each! Small price to pay for a guaranteed lifetime ride spot!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:57 pm 

Thanks for being the first one to offer the $500 buddy ole pal.
There have been many ideas running through my head on how to come up with the money without making it a business.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:50 pm 

Let me know when you get commitments from the other 499 and I'll send a check

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:37 pm 

Lacy used to be neat, Fort mott..... alll gone..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:25 am 

Any of you jersey guys know if you can still ride at jacksons pit? Or the cops chasing people out of there now too? I havnt been there in about 2 years now and was thinking of dropping back in for a ride.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:08 pm 

The entrance is blocked by large pile of dirt,so you cant get a car/truck in there.

Locals still ride there ,but that's about it i think.

I live one block away.

The only way to ride in nj is dual sport.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:16 pm 

Dam.. i need to find a new place to ride then lol. Or find another way in. Thought the dirt road in was a well used road for that building back there?

Profile E-mail