Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Winnemucca sand dunes
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:19 pm 

Winnemucca sand dunesin Nevada. I've never made it to the end. I don't have a big enough tank. i think its 80 miles from one end and back. Also fireworks are sold not too far away at Battlemountain!!! Best mortars around!!!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:28 pm 

I have heard about these dunes....never been though!

Captain Bruce has been there. He used to live in Sacramento and now he's out here by where I am, only 20 miles away.

Have you ever been to Sand Mountain?

Rand

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:35 pm 

Randman wrote:
I have heard about these dunes....never been though!

Captain Bruce has been there. He used to live in Sacramento and now he's out here by where I am, only 20 miles away.

Have you ever been to Sand Mountain?

Rand

Hey Rand,

I have been to Sand Mountain more times than I can count! I've been going there since 1982. Back when 4 wheelers weren't invented yet. My family and I were the first ones to bring a swimming pool to Sand Mountain back when my kids were little. I contacted a local water delivery co. and they brought 4,000 gallons of water out to us for our pools. We'd swim all day and ride in the mornings and at night. Now you see pools all over the place in the summer.
I describe Winnemucca to people by comparing it to Pismo. Winnemucca is probably a hundred times bigger though. Winnemucca doesn't have any big dunes, just like Pismo. Winnemucca is dirty though, like all desert riding and Pismo is nice and clean because of the ocean and humidity.That's why I love the Oregon Dunes. 330,000 acres of riding through trees, lakes, the ocean, giant hill climbs, tree shoots, trail riding in the sand, or just wide open dunes. I leave all my toys in Oregon and that is pretty much the only place I ride any more.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:10 pm 

One day I will make it to the Oregon Dunes!

I went to Pismo Last year with Nickrnr and Turtle D. Dunes were great but the weather sucked. I used to go to Pismo back when it was completely wide open except for a small restricted area that was just south of Pier Avenue. The riding area in pismo is now no bigger than sand mountain. You used to be able to get into Oso Flaco Lake on the back side of Pismo and ride to the beach. Hardly anyone camped there and you could even go fishing!

We can thank the idiots that have no respect for the environment causing the environmentalists to close everything down.

Rand

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:16 pm 

Randman wrote:

I went to Pismo Last year with Nickrnr and Turtle D. Dunes were great but the weather sucked. I used to go to Pismo back when it was completely wide open except for a small restricted area that was just south of Pier Avenue. The riding area in pismo is now no bigger than sand mountain. You used to be able to get into Oso Flaco Lake on the back side of Pismo and ride to the beach. Hardly anyone camped there and you could even go fishing!

We can thank the idiots that have no respect for the environment causing the environmentalists to close everything down.

Rand

I think the environmentalists would close everything down if they could even without the people who trash our land.

Dave

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:41 pm 

You're probably right. fu@#$%g Tree Hugging Hippies!

Rand

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:46 pm 

Duneit wrote:
Randman wrote:

Rand

I think the environmentalists would close everything down if they could even without the people who trash our land.

Dave

Not sure of full details but the tree huggers just tried shutting down half the riding areas and non riding areas on Oregon state land. Not only the ridding areas but any vehical or even mountain bikes. They wanted to even to take out the roads and not just close them. Only way in would be by foot. Last I heard it was voted down a few months ago.

They will keep trying though. Whats funny is these are the same people that just want to let forrest fires burn out without fighting them. And once the fire is out they will not even allow salvage logging. Millions of board feet and jobs left to rot.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:04 pm 

bighead wrote:
Duneit wrote:
Randman wrote:

Rand

Dave

Not sure of full details but the tree huggers just tried shutting down half the riding areas and non riding areas on Oregon state land. Not only the ridding areas but any vehical or even mountain bikes. They wanted to even to take out the roads and not just close them. Only way in would be by foot. Last I heard it was voted down a few months ago.

They will keep trying though. Whats funny is these are the same people that just want to let forrest fires burn out without fighting them. And once the fire is out they will not even allow salvage logging. Millions of board feet left to rot with no re planting.

Those wackos don't even want foot traffic in the closed areas, they are totally out of touch they don't realize is man has only been on this planet a real short time if you look at the big picture, man has only been doing damage to the planet for a few thousand years, earth is over 4 billion years old, in a few thousand years man will be gone and the earth will reclaim itself and life will start over this has already happen about 5 times if you look at world history, in a million years you wont even know man was on this planet, this is not fast enough for these morons they waste their life trying to save something that cant be saved to begin with rather than enjoy it, they estimate in about another 4-5 billion years the sun will run out of fuel and our whole solar system will be in the dark and dead not really sure what the big preservation picture is to those enviro wackos guess they will probably beam up to a comet?

Hope you go out of your way to beat down the tree huggers in your area trying to boot you off all the public lands.

Profile E-mail