Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:52 pm 

So the wife and I decide to buy new Droid phones. Had the Thunderbolt since it came out, and want to get Galaxy s5's. While my phone is shipping, I decide to go buy one of those LifeProof cases off of evilBay (I destroy one phone every year). Seller has a good rating and a lot of recent activity. Price is good. Ad seems legit. I buy it on a Friday.

So this morning I decided to check the tracking since I remembered the estimated arrival date was Tues-Fri this week. I get into my evilBay account, navigate to my purchase history and see this message posted where the item SHOULD be listed: "We had to remove this listing from the site and you're not required to complete the transaction. If you've already sent payment, the sale should process as normal and you don't have anything to worry about. If you have any questions about delivery, please check tracking or contact your seller. If you run into any trouble along the way eBay is here to help. Please visit the Resolution Center to help resolve any problems you may encounter."

Uhhh.....okay. :shock:

Tracking shows no activity besides the seller initiating the shipper on Friday. Seller no longer has any items for sale at all, and their evilBay store is now empty. Great. Now I'm feeling like I've been had.

I email the seller, and I see his name is Ahmed Hussein....simply awesome....and I got nothing back from him all day. Eff this crap!! Time to dial the red phone...

Now I want to notify eBay that I do NOT want to continue the transaction. However...since they have "removed" the item from evilBay, it no longer exists, never existed, period. I can't even start a dispute or even contact ebay about it because there is no active item number! Grrrrrrrrrr!!

I googled the guys evilBay name, actual name, and email address and found no dirt.

Last resort was to pursue some action through Paypal. But get this: the seller has 3 days to respond before I can "escalate" my claim. Or I could wait until July 7th (2.5-3 weeks) if the seller doesn't respond, I automatically get my $ back. So I'm effed out of $65 for at least a week.

Maybe I'm paranoid, but this doesn't seem right. We'll see what happens.

-D$

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:12 pm 

Ebay was hacked a couple weeks ago, they got passwords but no PayPal info so they say. Might be the aftermath of the hack. Scum hackers used to send out those spoof emails telling you to log in to your ebay account, then they steal your passowrd, if your Ebay id was good feedback but no activity, perfect for listing some classic cars and trucks for 50% off retail, then they scam you into bypassing ebay and sending them money, cowards! Hope you get you stuff.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:41 pm 

Ahmed Hussein....Classic!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:17 pm 

bullnerd wrote:
Ahmed Hussein....Classic!

Hey Bull you almost got it right its not Ahmed. Its Aaaackckckcmed,lol

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:51 pm 

Isn't that the name of the puppet that Jeff Dunham uses. "I kill you. I kill you." Sorry that you are going through this. F'ing rat bastards.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:39 am 

I have had the same thing happen to me many of times, all but once the item showed up. The one time it didn't I had to wait the 2 weeks to get my money back from paypal. I don't think they are scammers I think they are selling knock offs or using the wrong wording and have copy right issues so eBay shuts them down. Just my 2 cents.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:43 am 

The BUYER should be protected FIRST at any cost to evilbay not the sellers.

Evilbay should have notified EVERY BUYER in the sellers history that a item was removed.

Contact info should have been made available to the buyer so their is no problem.

Evilbay is setup and ran to maximize its profits they could care less about the buyers and sellers.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:04 am 

Well, the Seller messaged me over night and here are his ramblings:

Message #1:
"Hello the item was removed due to a technical eBay issue - you will get your item - we shipped it out usps the usps online system has a delay - you will see the usps status will change to in transit within the next 24hrs sorry for the confusion- please give it some time"

My response:

"Okay, thank you for responding. I hope it all settles out.

I've been an eBay seller and buyer for a very long time and have never seen anything like this. Hence, you can understand my paranoid mentality and knee-jerk reaction.

Cheers"

Message #2:
"Yes I completely get it ! we are very frustrated least to say with this ebay issue - all of our listings are lost in addition we are working with ebay to get our seller limits up as well , we have done really well with this item , you can see some of the feedback so far . Thank you for understanding

we are a legitimate seller otherwise we would have been kicked off , and as an existing buyer and seller you know our account would have been suspended , so it is nothing fraudulent -

the reason the package is not showing on the usps site is because we get a courier pickup daily and its usually late in the day so the post office doesn't scan the item as quick , i will make sure with them in the morning personally.

Thanks"

Still sounds like an evilBay Mutt Scammer, IMHO, but we'll see. I can escalate it through Paypal Friday if I still don't see any movement on the tracking. They're in the same time zone as me (NY), so I know my local USPS collects at 9am and proceeds to scan stuff in. I'm giving the dude until 10am EST. No scan = scam.

BTW...The S5 phone is effing amazing. :shock: No more Thunderbolt and its random powerdowns, lava hot temperatures, delays, short battery life, and bad reception. The S5's 16MP/1080HD camera alone is worth the $100 price paid (with contract). Sucks having to get all the junk off the main screens that they want you to buy/subscribe. I just need my camera/yahoo/FB/eBay app icons, lol.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:45 am 

Hope it all works out, post up some pics with the new phone does it take quality detail pics like a guy needs for CSI's ?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:44 am 

Well usps tracking is very very unreliable,its not like UPS or Fedex.Sometimes my packages say theyve been delivered when they havent,sometimes theyre delivered and tracking doesnt show up,you get the picture.Doesnt mean this guy isnt full of shit,but usps tracking sucks

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:11 pm 

Well, this may just turn into another bash on USPS and evilBay afterall. At least I hope.

The guy sent me a pic of the first USPS label with all my info on it and its stuck to a small package. Then he's got a second one he's sending me and trusting me to send the duplicate back if I end up getting both. But neither one of the tracking numbers are working either, and no packages are at my house.

Fun!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:38 pm 

$65 for a case? you know the S5 is already water resistant and I have heard it's really waterproof for a couple meters, I wouldn't try it though, I got one, bought a cheap hybrid (silicone and plastic) case off ebay $5.99, works great, also got a water proof case, I think it was about $7 for when I take to to the dez to keep the dust out. there is a tempered glass item that works great, holds to the screen with a gel and you can't tell it's even there, much better than any plastic screen protectors I've ever seen.
The S voice app has a hard time understanding English, ask her if she is stupid, pretty funny, she understands that!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:23 pm 

The deal finally went through. Somehow the first shipment got lost, which they sent USPS First Class (cheapest). Then when I started the Paypal dispute and the clock started ticking, they shipped one USPS Priority. When the case arrived, it looked slightly used (box was open, fingerprints everywhere, etc). But is in good condition. Not like I can even leave negative feedback because the item# no longer exists!

In the end, I only got the phone case after I started the dispute. And it ended up being not brand new & crisp. But its good enough for me, and not worth more fighting. Its also a legit case with LifeProof warranty and all.

I like the case. Not too much bigger than the phone, and its keeps everything out...dust, scratches, water, my greasey paws, etc.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:15 pm 

DMoneyAllstar wrote:
The deal finally went through. Somehow the first shipment got lost, which they sent USPS First Class (cheapest). Then when I started the Paypal dispute and the clock started ticking, they shipped one USPS Priority. When the case arrived, it looked slightly used (box was open, fingerprints everywhere, etc). But is in good condition. Not like I can even leave negative feedback because the item# no longer exists!

In the end, I only got the phone case after I started the dispute. And it ended up being not brand new & crisp. But its good enough for me, and not worth more fighting. Its also a legit case with LifeProof warranty and all.

I like the case. Not too much bigger than the phone, and its keeps everything out...dust, scratches, water, my greasey paws, etc.

what phone did you get?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:41 pm 

D$, is your paypal connected to your bank acct? If so-why? Mine is and always will be connected to a credit card. This way if you get in a jam, you can brick a pmt and lose nothing but a phone call to the credit card co. I've done this several times and haven't lost yet. Just my $.02....

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:46 pm 

B S wrote:
DMoneyAllstar wrote:

what phone did you get?

Galaxy S5

Profile E-mail