Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:58 am 

This is the last contact I have had with Dave, I did not bother to reply to this.

Message subject: Re: Hello Dave
Sent: Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:08 am
To: scpilot66
you have questioned my integrity for the last time, the more you do the less I want to have anything to do with you. I don't care about how insecure your wife is with you gone, that's none of my business and has no place in this conversation. I told you what I would do. As I said do it yourself you will be much happier. You are the only person who has knocked and questioned my integrity and that sir goes nowhere with me. I offerd to fix it, you keeep going on. I have never delt with some one this way, and I don't care if I do again. It is none of your business what I sell to others I did as you asked no argument but I do regret going any further. but then again I really worked all weekend for nothing. I certainly do not need this crap, I have enough money to never deal with anyone again and so be it. I do my kit the way I please, I am under no obligation to make it a certain way for free and I gave you my reasons for the way i DO IT but you seem to not hear anything I explaned to you. or do you do everything for free and try not to save on anything. its funny how the people who have them and have been riding them love it but your trying to make some kind of shrine out of it and that I could never make good enough. Its a 600 pond car they don't need bungs that support 3000 pounds. The weld in nuts have proven to be very good. I will not go back and forth anymore. The way you have talked to me and questioned me I I wont deal with it anymore. I don't know anyone who would. I don't know where to go from here.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:17 am 

This is a list of what I paid Dave and what I owe him.

$1300.00 kit
$700.00 best heims
$850.00 rear shocks with Dave's special valving, $600.00 for the shocks & springs and $125.00 each for his special valving
$600.00 to install LT the kit
$750.00 to install the power steering
$150.00 hardware
$100.00 extra charge for rear upper swing arms that I should have had to begin with.
These are all of his charges.

I paid Dave $750.00 down 12/20/2013, $700.00 on 2/24/2014, $550.00 on 3/15/2014, $850.00 on 6/2/2014, $83.38 cash when I was there for more heims, $80.00 cash to Dave when I was there for more heims that had to be ordered and $850.00 cash to Dave when I was there.

I left Dave's house with an agreed on amount of $750.00 owed to Dave, this is before I got home and checked my notes and realized that I had paid him a total of $863.38 for heims when it should have been $736.00 total for 32 heims, also I realized that Dave was trying to charge me $100.00 more for rear arms that I paid for to begin with.

If Dave made everything right I would owe him $522.62 and if he did make it right I would be more then happy to pay him. No problem!!!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:22 am 

Wow that's $5050 bucks. Looks like he's not coming to explain himself. He's avoiding coming on here for a reason. Sorry this happened to you.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:26 am 

Looks to me like you have enough evidence for a court to decide. It's not the wild west - you can't have a shoot out at high noon. I don't believe either of you are in the Mafia, so no bones will be broken, bitching back and forth has not worked. This leaves the court system. May sound stupid to go to court, but it is the civilized way. People can ignore phone calls and emails, but it's illegal to ignore a court order.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:51 pm 

If Dave Co has so much money he should just give you back your money and walk away. Typically those who brag of wealth are in debt up to their eyeballs.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:21 pm 

scpilot66 wrote:
This is the last contact I have had with Dave, I did not bother to reply to this.

you have questioned my integrity for the last time, the more you do the less I want to have anything to do with you. I don't care about how insecure your wife is with you gone, that's none of my business and has no place in this conversation. I told you what I would do. As I said do it yourself you will be much happier. You are the only person who has knocked and questioned my integrity and that sir goes nowhere with me. I offerd to fix it, you keeep going on. I have never delt with some one this way, and I don't care if I do again. It is none of your business what I sell to others I did as you asked no argument but I do regret going any further. but then again I really worked all weekend for nothing. I certainly do not need this crap, I have enough money to never deal with anyone again and so be it. I do my kit the way I please, I am under no obligation to make it a certain way for free and I gave you my reasons for the way i DO IT but you seem to not hear anything I explaned to you. or do you do everything for free and try not to save on anything. its funny how the people who have them and have been riding them love it but your trying to make some kind of shrine out of it and that I could never make good enough. Its a 600 pond car they don't need bungs that support 3000 pounds. The weld in nuts have proven to be very good. I will not go back and forth anymore. The way you have talked to me and questioned me I I wont deal with it anymore. I don't know anyone who would. I don't know where to go from here.

And how does this help your situation ? putting private emails up on a public forum , as a business owner myself I find this to be slander and also will not deal with a unhappy customer in a public forum.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:57 pm 

Is it slander if it's true?
I would recommend looking up the definition.
Regards.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:06 pm 

youranidiot wrote:
scpilot66 wrote:

And how does this help your situation ? putting private emails up on a public forum , as a business owner myself I find this to be slander and also will not deal with a unhappy customer in a public forum.

It's not slander if it's true...

A public forum would be the perfect place to take care of an unhappy customer as it would show the world what kind of integrity you have or in this case, don't have.

On a side note, Dave if this is your new user name.... it's spot on.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:22 pm 

rarerat wrote:
youranidiot wrote:
scpilot66 wrote:

A public forum would be the perfect place to take care of an unhappy customer as it would show the world what kind of integrity you have or in this case, don't have.

Pretty sure that isnt dave. google search youranidiot's email address listed on his profile it comes up with a dude from WHeatland Ca trying to sell a revolt...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:00 pm 

rarerat wrote:
youranidiot wrote:
scpilot66 wrote:

Not really, in the end its between two people, not you and the rest of the board

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:30 pm 

This is getting comical. The children are trying to stand up for the old man. Seriously. Dave-co pretty much sells His product to members on the board. If your going to sell to the forum you answer to the forum whether it's good or bad. Fortunately the vast majority here are stand up people. If Dave-co has no part in this issue and has done nothing wrong, why isn't he defending himself and not his children. If someone called me out and I'd done nothing wrong I'd be all over that person. His silence is what makes him appear to be the one who didn't perform his end of the deal.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:40 pm 

Duneit wrote:
This is getting comical. The children are trying to stand up for the old man. Seriously. Dave-co pretty much sells His product to members on the board. If your going to sell to the forum you answer to the forum whether it's good or bad. Fortunately the vast majority here are stand up people. If Dave-co has no part in this issue and has done nothing wrong, why isn't he defending himself and not his children. If someone called me out and I'd done nothing wrong I'd be all over that person. His silence is what makes him appear to be the one who didn't perform his end of the deal.

:-) im not standing up for him, but i wont let some guy fill everyone's head with certain information without hearing both sides of the story, Last i checked the guy never Responded to Dave-Co's last email, oh well.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:15 am 

J-CO wrote:
Duneit wrote:

:-) im not standing up for him, but i wont let some guy fill everyone's head with certain information without hearing both sides of the story, Last i checked the guy never Responded to Dave-Co's last email, oh well.

So why isn't your dad defending himself then.....i tell you why, because he knows he's done wrong and is so much of a ((Bad Word)) that he has to get his son to answer on a public forum???
DAVE man up and put your side of the story up if you think you have been slandered???? i pretty much doubt it...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:54 am 

J-CO wrote:
Duneit wrote:

All you have to do is READ the email exchange between Dave-co and scPilot66 and it real easy to see why scPilot66 never Responded to Dave-Co's last email, if you and your dad are wondering why he never replied to the last email then you and your dad has made it really clear to everybody what the root of problem is.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:55 am 

youranidiot wrote:
scpilot66 wrote:

Not sure why you created another user just to make this one reply, FYI this user has also post on this site as pilothendo and has made 10 other post in case others are wondering search.php?author_id=3714&sr=posts

Their has been NO SLANDER here.

After reading this thread this far its obvious the issue was address in public and only taken to the public after it stalled in private, I think the reason why it was made public is perfectly clear. The reason why it was made public on this site is also clear it was by the use of this site where the information on the product and services was obtained, it has been the policy of Pilot Odyssey owners to take any grievances that may affect other or future Pilot or Odyssey owners to the board AKA "Take It To The Board" as you can see by reading this entire thread that scPilot66 tried to resolve this problem got no where so wanted to share his experiences good bad or otherwise.

So what if the deal went as expected and scPilot66 was 100% happy you would not want him to discuss that either? The concept of not discussing was the fatal flaw in Pilot-Odyssey,con V1.0 we had a bunch of members who only wanted a 'touchy feely good' site to hang out at and did not want to live in the real world and deal with reality, their was also a splinter group of neoconic capitalist types who never wanted anything discussed that might affect anybodies cash flow creating the slogan"Sight With The Dash - Is After Your Cash", PilotOdyssey.com has evolved (V2.0) over the years and for the better. Think of the concept sort of like Better Business Bureau or Angie's List for Pilot Odyssey owners.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:37 am 

J-CO wrote:
hoser wrote:
J-CO wrote:
hoser wrote:
J-CO wrote:
had a blast in my Dave-co pilot this weekend, not sure why all the hate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIRv8mgxUMU

Perhaps you should re-read this entire thread again then you might understand why this owner is still looking at a pile of parts and broken promises.

Kinda hard to evaluate a suspension in the condition this Pilot was left.

Already did , that pilot was done the exact same as ours , including the two in both my videos of them , perhaps the pilot needs to be put together and driven before being judged

If you read this thread then WHY you playing your games their are serious issues and problems that need resolved no smart ass replies required if you have nothing to add to this thread to resolve any problems I strongly suggest you shut up and butt out what kind of POS comes here to flaunt a working machine and bragging up their machine when you know damn well scPilot66 has a long list of questions and problems with his? your implications you put in your post simply do not work were looking for problems resolved.

This is NONE of my business but its something that needs to be said, right now Dave-co looks alike a scam artist, then you include the problems halorising had with his Pilot and the work Dave-co did on his Pilot WE SEE A TREND in not only the design, quality and workmanship but Dave-Co's ability to resolve what appears to be minor problems, it looks to me like Dave-co took the money and ran it looks like Dave-co is all talk and no action if you read Dave-Co's post on this site he talks a really good game but has not delivered.

Feel free to correct ME - us (members of this site) where we are wrong resolution to this problem needs to happen sooner than later.

lets see if i can name the issues he is having here ,

First - the stupid ball joints loosen up after being welded on, how do i know? cause i welded them, our FOUR long travel pilots all have loosened up ball joints because of the welds, there is no way around it, we have a tub of water near by after we lay a small bead to cool it off to help control the heat input to the ball joint but it only helps so much.

Second - I don't know much about that, but what i do know is even our pilots have mild steel hoops because if the pilot goes over, what do u want to give first? your frame? or the shock hoops.

3rd - Not sure what they worked out either with the bungs vs nuts being welded in

4th - Not sure on that either so will not comment

5th - we had so much going on we forgot steering stops, how can u expect everything to be perfect trying to do a whole kit in 3 days? be realistic, every other pilot we have done we had for WEEKS

6th - Not sure on that either so will not comment

7th - Not sure on that either so will not comment

8th - Not sure how the numbers are off if they even are, haven't seen proof of those numbers yet, like said with only 3 days to do everything somethings wont be PERFECT like he wants

I am not sure what Dave-Co and He had worked out Parts wise for his Pilot , but with multiple other people loving there Long Travel pilots, this is not our First Rodeo

"5th - we had so much going on we forgot steering stops, how can u expect everything to be perfect trying to do a whole kit in 3 days? be realistic, every other pilot we have done we had for WEEKS"

I don't want this to be a major distraction but I feel it needs addresses it must be important because I have seen it mention more than once and it seems to have more to do with emotions than anything else. Your comments send mixed messages first you complain about not having enough time to perform the work then you say its not your first rodeo indicating you know exactly what it takes to perform the same task more than one time.

Please elaborate on WHO set the time and date to perform the work on Steve's Pilot, WHO determined the total amount of time required to accomplish what was agreed upon, Explain the process.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:04 pm 

pilotpete1 wrote:
J-CO wrote:
Duneit wrote:

So why isn't your dad defending himself then.....i tell you why, because he knows he's done wrong and is so much of a ((Bad Word)) that he has to get his son to answer on a public forum???
DAVE man up and put your side of the story up if you think you have been slandered???? i pretty much doubt it...

Not sure, don't have that answer for you nor will i ever, I came on here myself with no word from in to see what kind of mumbo jumbo was being said and it is pretty comical.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:08 pm 

There is no comedy in spending that kind of money and receiving that kind of service.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:09 pm 

hoser wrote:
J-CO wrote:
hoser wrote:
J-CO wrote:
hoser wrote:
J-CO wrote:

Perhaps you should re-read this entire thread again then you might understand why this owner is still looking at a pile of parts and broken promises.

Already did , that pilot was done the exact same as ours , including the two in both my videos of them , perhaps the pilot needs to be put together and driven before being judged

If you read this thread then WHY you playing your games their are serious issues and problems that need resolved no smart ass replies required if you have nothing to add to this thread to resolve any problems I strongly suggest you shut up and butt out what kind of POS comes here to flaunt a working machine and bragging up their machine when you know damn well scPilot66 has a long list of questions and problems with his? your implications you put in your post simply do not work were looking for problems resolved.

This is NONE of my business but its something that needs to be said, right now Dave-co looks alike a scam artist, then you include the problems halorising had with his Pilot and the work Dave-co did on his Pilot WE SEE A TREND in not only the design, quality and workmanship but Dave-Co's ability to resolve what appears to be minor problems, it looks to me like Dave-co took the money and ran it looks like Dave-co is all talk and no action if you read Dave-Co's post on this site he talks a really good game but has not delivered.

Feel free to correct ME - us (members of this site) where we are wrong resolution to this problem needs to happen sooner than later.

First - the stupid ball joints loosen up after being welded on, how do i know? cause i welded them, our FOUR long travel pilots all have loosened up ball joints because of the welds, there is no way around it, we have a tub of water near by after we lay a small bead to cool it off to help control the heat input to the ball joint but it only helps so much.

Second - I don't know much about that, but what i do know is even our pilots have mild steel hoops because if the pilot goes over, what do u want to give first? your frame? or the shock hoops.

3rd - Not sure what they worked out either with the bungs vs nuts being welded in

5th - we had so much going on we forgot steering stops, how can u expect everything to be perfect trying to do a whole kit in 3 days? be realistic, every other pilot we have done we had for WEEKS

8th - Not sure how the numbers are off if they even are, haven't seen proof of those numbers yet, like said with only 3 days to do everything somethings wont be PERFECT like he wants

I am not sure what Dave-Co and He had worked out Parts wise for his Pilot , but with multiple other people loving there Long Travel pilots, this is not our First Rodeo

"5th - we had so much going on we forgot steering stops, how can u expect everything to be perfect trying to do a whole kit in 3 days? be realistic, every other pilot we have done we had for WEEKS"

I don't want this to be a major distraction but I feel it needs addresses it must be important because I have seen it mention more than once and it seems to have more to do with emotions than anything else. Your comments send mixed messages first you complain about not having enough time to perform the work then you say its not your first rodeo indicating you know exactly what it takes to perform the same task more than one time.

Please elaborate on WHO set the time and date to perform the work on Steve's Pilot, WHO determined the total amount of time required to accomplish what was agreed upon, Explain the process.

Pretty sure it was scpilots idea to show up here on a Friday and leave on a Sunday, it takes us weeks to finish a project like this, he didn't want to bring it here and drop it off cause he is a perfectionist and wanted to see everything we do, Now that i think of it, it was more so that he didn't like the way something was done so we had to take time away from something we were already doing, just to fix something he didn't like, he already stated he is a perfectionist and there is nothing wrong with that but we are human and don't do show room floor work like he wanted

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:46 pm 

J-CO wrote:
pilotpete1 wrote:
J-CO wrote:
Duneit wrote:

Not sure, don't have that answer for you nor will i ever, I came on here myself with no word from in to see what kind of mumbo jumbo was being said and it is pretty comical.

Well if you took it upon yourself to come here to see what kind of mumbo jumbo was being said you must have known what kind of mumbo jumbo you sent out the door. If you couldn't perform to the job up to quality that a perfectionist expects you shouldn't have taken the job. He made it clear that he was a perfectionist before you took his money. If you couldn't do a good job in the time frame you agreed on you shouldn't have taken the job. No deal is better than a bad deal. Instead you said you could do it, took his money, then make excuses for not meeting expectations. The materials used were not as advertised, the travel was not as advertised, and it sound like the workmanship wasn't up to par either. I haven't seen Steve's but I saw pictures of halorisings. I'd be pissed if I had $5000 in that workmanship. Wouldn't be so "comical" when you got a court summons. I'd certainly spend the money to sue you if you screwed me for 5 grand.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:54 pm 

atcdude123 wrote:
J-CO wrote:
pilotpete1 wrote:
J-CO wrote:
Duneit wrote:

Well if you took it upon yourself to come here to see what kind of mumbo jumbo was being said you must have known what kind of mumbo jumbo you sent out the door. If you couldn't perform to the job up to quality that a perfectionist expects you shouldn't have taken the job. He made it clear that he was a perfectionist before you took his money. If you couldn't do a good job in the time frame you agreed on you shouldn't have taken the job. No deal is better than a bad deal. Instead you said you could do it, took his money, then make excuses for not meeting expectations. The materials used were not as advertised, the travel was not as advertised, and it sound like the workmanship wasn't up to par either. I haven't seen Steve's but I saw pictures of halorisings. I'd be pissed if I had $5000 in that workmanship. Wouldn't be so "comical" when you got a court summons. I'd certainly spend the money to sue you if you screwed me for 5 grand.

Your talking to me like i made all the Decisions, Not sure what happened with Halorsings, was it the too long of shock up front that bent the shit out of the arm?? Considering that "workmanship" has done plenty of Pilots that work awesome and people are happy with, oh well i am done here have fun rambling on.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:08 pm 

J-CO wrote:
Your talking to me like i made all the Decisions, Not sure what happened with Halorsings, was it the too long of shock up front that bent the shit out of the arm?? Considering that "workmanship" has done plenty of Pilots that work awesome and people are happy with, oh well i am done here have fun rambling on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdhGc_Rma18

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:31 pm 

J-CO wrote:
hoser wrote:
J-CO wrote:
hoser wrote:
J-CO wrote:
hoser wrote:
J-CO wrote:

Pretty sure it was scpilots idea to show up here on a Friday and leave on a Sunday, it takes us weeks to finish a project like this, he didn't want to bring it here and drop it off cause he is a perfectionist and wanted to see everything we do, Now that i think of it, it was more so that he didn't like the way something was done so we had to take time away from something we were already doing, just to fix something he didn't like, he already stated he is a perfectionist and there is nothing wrong with that but we are human and don't do show room floor work like he wanted

Why would Dave-Co agree to install a whole kit if you knew the whole kit in the time agreed on by Dave and Scott was not enough? If this was not your first rodeo why would you even consider taking on a task you knew you could never complete then complain about the time schedule at a later date?

Much of what you have said makes absolutely no sense and sounds like excuses being made for the lack of abilities or skills, if its not the skills then all is left is honesty and integrity.

I cant speak for scPilot66 but I am pretty sure YOU are the one that set the bar high and why Scott was attracted to your kit in the first place.

Your own words taken from this page viewtopic.php?f=5&t=10621

Quote:
I am a class A aerospace fabricator-welder by trade, I have welded on every space shuttle launched, also building winning off road race cars for the Baja 1000 Baja 500, the Mint 400 among others in my spare time, I do cage work, A arm suspensions on buggies Bajas and trucks on a daily basis on the side, my hands have been on many of the Score series winning cars and trucks over the years. I enjoyed reading this thread up till he made the statement he has 30 hours into each set! I fault no one trying to make a product and making money for others to enjoy, I get good money welding on winning trophy trucks, Dakar cars,that is what makes the world go around. but that 30 hours into them could have been left unsaid, it casts a cloud on everything else he has said. I don't know him from Adam but I do know tube work and welding extreemly well, in my garage a couple hours is more inline, if I had jigs all ready to go??. like his site shows. don't be fooled, the profit margin on these arms and from the others offering FL400 pilot long travel arms or any other long travel ATV quad arms is huge, gigantic, 85-90% or more profit, especialy if using DOM tubing or mild steel which pilots need nothing more like 4130 for a light little car but even if 4130 is used there may be 50 to 60 bucks for the arm material. forsure the arms with no hymes or ball joints for 700+ Yes you have to have the equipment to do this, but if you do, things go extreamly fast. He does, but claim 30 hours?, enjoy this site . Sorry for the rant, much respect to hoser and your site---Dave

Help me here someone but wasn't welding the ball joints and the affect of heat on the ball joints already discussed in the past? I cant remember the post where it was discussed but I know replaceable VS welding in the recycled factory ball joints was discussed in depth.... I don't recall anybody saying anything about welding on the old joints has serious affects on the integrity of the ball joint NOW its being discussed as if this was common knowledge.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:50 pm 

hoser wrote:
J-CO wrote:
hoser wrote:
J-CO wrote:
hoser wrote:
J-CO wrote:
hoser wrote:
J-CO wrote:

Why would Dave-Co agree to install a whole kit if you knew the whole kit in the time agreed on by Dave and Scott was not enough? If this was not your first rodeo why would you even consider taking on a task you knew you could never complete then complain about the time schedule at a later date?

Much of what you have said makes absolutely no sense and sounds like excuses being made for the lack of abilities or skills, if its not the skills then all is left is honesty and integrity.

I cant speak for scPilot66 but I am pretty sure YOU are the one that set the bar high and why Scott was attracted to your kit in the first place.

Your own words taken from this page viewtopic.php?f=5&t=10621

Quote:
I am a class A aerospace fabricator-welder by trade, I have welded on every space shuttle launched, also building winning off road race cars for the Baja 1000 Baja 500, the Mint 400 among others in my spare time, I do cage work, A arm suspensions on buggies Bajas and trucks on a daily basis on the side, my hands have been on many of the Score series winning cars and trucks over the years. I enjoyed reading this thread up till he made the statement he has 30 hours into each set! I fault no one trying to make a product and making money for others to enjoy, I get good money welding on winning trophy trucks, Dakar cars,that is what makes the world go around. but that 30 hours into them could have been left unsaid, it casts a cloud on everything else he has said. I don't know him from Adam but I do know tube work and welding extreemly well, in my garage a couple hours is more inline, if I had jigs all ready to go??. like his site shows. don't be fooled, the profit margin on these arms and from the others offering FL400 pilot long travel arms or any other long travel ATV quad arms is huge, gigantic, 85-90% or more profit, especialy if using DOM tubing or mild steel which pilots need nothing more like 4130 for a light little car but even if 4130 is used there may be 50 to 60 bucks for the arm material. forsure the arms with no hymes or ball joints for 700+ Yes you have to have the equipment to do this, but if you do, things go extreamly fast. He does, but claim 30 hours?, enjoy this site . Sorry for the rant, much respect to hoser and your site---Dave

Help me here someone but wasn't welding the ball joints and the affect of heat on the ball joints already discussed in the past? I cant remember the post where it was discussed but I know replaceable VS welding in the recycled factory ball joints was discussed in depth.... I don't recall anybody saying anything about welding on the old joints has serious affects on the integrity of the ball joint NOW its being discussed as if this was common knowledge.

lol can you read Hoser? my name is not Dave-co so no those are not MY words from any page, like anything u pump enough heat into it, something will change, any time you weld on ball joints they will loosen up.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:55 pm 

J-CO wrote:
atcdude123 wrote:
J-CO wrote:
pilotpete1 wrote:
J-CO wrote:
Duneit wrote:

I'm talking about this. They aren't bent. They were welded that way. Looks like something a couple of drunks cobbled together.

Attachments:
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 105.85 KiB | Viewed 9265 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next