Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:38 am 

Item number: 4612706709

Stator and flywheel $$$$
"Up for auction is the stator assembly for the Honda Pilot. I believe this to be a discontinued item, but check your local dealer. This assembly fits the 1989-1990 Honda Pilots. This is brand new Honda manufactured."

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:47 pm 

WARNING - BE CAREFUL

I firmly believe that is HAMMYSCAMMY...

He is using another one of his many alias and he has been bidding against himself to raise the price of many OEM parts on EBAY lately - Currently he has been targeting the ATC crowd...

He made a few sales at his cost to gain some popularity and sway a few but as far as I'm concerned he is POND SCUM...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:45 pm 

Thanks for the heads up guess we should ask on the three wheeler board if it is him
with a new ID if he is on the up and up he wont have a problem with somone
asking...

My bid on them parts if I needed them would be much less than I could get them from
Hillside Honda, shipping charges would have to be actual shipping cost too...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:41 pm 

Here is a selling post from him on the 3WW site from about 2 weeks ago. I personally will not buy from him even if his prices are cheaper. Way too many people that keep having problems. I am not trying to stir things up, just giving some info that I know about.

http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/show ... ight=pilot

HONDA FL-350 ODDYSSEY (1985)
__________________________________________________ _______________
FRONT LEFT FENDER - 85
FRONT RIGHT FENDER - 85
REAR RIGHT FENDER - 82
REAR LEFT FENDER -82

================================================== ========
HONDA FL-400 PILOT (1989 - 1990)
__________________________________________________ _______________
FRONT LEFT FENDER - 118 ***** 1 IN STOCK B/O
FRONT RIGHT FENDER - 120
LEFT SIDE COVER - 142
RIGHT SIDE COVER - 142
REAR LEFT FENDER - 110
REAR RIGHT FENDER - 111
FLOOR PANEL - 375
STEAL OEM BUMPER - 115
ROOF PANEL - 85
FRONT BASH PLATE - 49

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:26 am 

I'm a bit sceptical that this is Hammy because the auction location is New York - I believe Hammy was working out of Ohio (unless he has relocated or provided false location information to ebay). Maybe Dan (moregoodlier) can shed some light on this, he lives up that way and is curent high bidder on the item.

As with everything else "CHECK IT OUT BEFORE YOU SHELL IT OUT"! Use your own good judgement and do a little homework before you spend your hard earned money. I think discussion boards like this (especially this one) are invaluable in helping pilot/ody enthusiasts root out the few "bad apples" and make better decisions.

Pnut

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:00 pm 

Good Points PNut

But if you happen to "View other sellers Items" and scroll down you will notice that some of auctions are "New York" and some are "Ohio" (Just a computer glitch ???)

I also have been watching ebay ATC parts sell lately (I just got a new toy 1985 ATC250R - Super Big Thanks to Nuke Em) and I've seen a few auctions end One week and the same item being sold the following week via a new ebay name - Guess what Names...

PS
The only people I know that use multiple alias are CROOKS...

So All I have been saying is WATCH OUT and do your research before bidding to much on parts from ebay - ALSO do NOT use past Sold Ebay prices to decide what a part is worth...

Here are some trust worthly places to check OEM parts prices

www.servicehonda.com
www.bikebandit.com
www.mrcycles.com
www.cal-atv.com

Some of these places don't list the FL models but you can get the OEM part number from servicehonda and plug them in at the other sites...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:52 pm 

Why not just get that phone number he post on the 3 wheeler board (and his name) and
call him ask if that is him selling the stuff on ebay ?

If it is then ask why the name location changes.

I don't think its right to ASSume what you guys are ASSuming without more home work,
turns out it is trying to scam then we monkey pile on him.

On another note I buy ALL the parts I can from Hillside, they have done me right over the years
so I will be loyal to them and pay a little MORE for parts and shipping over buying
from someone like this guy,,, how ever I am not saying he is doing anything wrong
simply because the FACTS I see do not support it and I am not ready to ASSume...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 4:12 pm 

I really can't help on this guy.....I did bid on the item and until today I was the high bidder. Have you looked at how expensive those things are.....I think they are almost 300 bucks. My high bid was 150....it was worth the gamble to save almost 50%, although, I would be pissed if it was a scam.

Ebay has become a tough place to be a consumer and you have to use your head. If something is a real "deal" then its worth sticking your neck out.....I personally would rather support Hillside or Randy then try and save 10% on ebay and expose myself to the associated risk!

Just my 2 cents.

Dan.....aka Moregoodlier

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 10:43 pm 

moregoodlier wrote:
I really can't help on this guy.....I did bid on the item and until today I was the high bidder. Have you looked at how expensive those things are.....I think they are almost 300 bucks. My high bid was 150....it was worth the gamble to save almost 50%, although, I would be pissed if it was a scam.

Ebay has become a tough place to be a consumer and you have to use your head. If something is a real "deal" then its worth sticking your neck out.....I personally would rather support Hillside or Randy then try and save 10% on ebay and expose myself to the associated risk!

Just my 2 cents.

Dan.....aka Moregoodlier

I couldnt agree more with Dan-supporting Randy and Hillside is well worth the money, even if they may be in soem cases alittle higher on price-I have bought some 350 fenders from Sammyhammy, Onestopatv, whatever he is selling under and had no issues at all, I previously had purchased Pilot fenders from him and had no troubles,
I would rather give the bis to Randy or Hillside-they both have been there for me whenever needed and espec Randy-I just recently purchased some very hard to get items for my current 350 job and then made a high end purchase from Randy knowing full well I could save a hundred bucks by buying from another vendorthat sells the same items for a cheaper price but I didn't care, to me Randy was worth it, he deserves my support and I gave it to him-the Ebay BS is getting to much for me as well.

Profile E-mail