Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 6:00 pm 

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 4635572932
I was curious if anybody here has gotten a "second chance offer" for this Pilot by chance, I have recently gotten many "second chance offers" for Pilots and Odysseys via emails that have sold on Ebay-upon emailing back and looking at the offers they have all been fakes, scams and not offered by the seller.Just curious if anybody has any history on this ride by chance or has gotten an offer via email for it.Thanks guys.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 9:07 pm 

Heres another example of a scam, I received an email from a seller for this Pilot,here it is from
From Mike Stuart <mikestuart007@yahoo.com>
Sent Monday, May 15, 2006 11:31 am

Hi there,

I've seen that you are one of my higher bidder on my auction. Recently my highest bidder due some personal problems changed his mind and deciden that he cannot afford to buy my product. I decided to notice you, maybe you are still interesed to buy it. If the answer is yes please reply as soon as possible.

Also I have lowered the price, it is: $7,500.00

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 4635572932

Thanks

My reply back:

Sent Monday, May 15, 2006 5:14 pm
To mikestuart007@yahoo.com
Subject Re: 1989 Honda Pilot FL400R ATV OFF ROAD SAND RAIL DUNE BUGGY - still for sale
Print E-mail
Oh SOUNDS GREAT.I'LL TAKE IT.I will be traveling through Nebraska in about 2 weeks-I will pick up the Pilot then, after an inspection of it. I'll bring cash or certified bank check, which ever you prefer with me for the purchase.Please reply back or supply phone number so we can finalize plans,Regards.

REPLY BACK TODAY:
From Mike Stuart <mikestuart007@yahoo.com>
Sent Tuesday, May 16, 2006 7:55 am
Thank for getting back to me. Here is how the process works:

- you give me your shipping address,
- I start a transaction on eBay Vehicle Purchase Protection,
- they send you the payment instructions,
- you send the money,
- they confirm me that they secured the funds,
- I send you the product
- you receive and accept the product
- they pay me.

If the car is not like described you will have to ship it back in 30 business days on my expense.
If you agree please send me your shipping address!

Sincerly,
Mike Stuart

total scam-be careful out there.I replied back to the seller again with a address from the attorney generals office in NJ-TO WHICH i SUPPLIED ALL THE INFO from this too, I know it will never amount to much as it is a Yahoo address but what the hell?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 7:24 pm 

Then heres today scam:

From antony conte <amcvines@yahoo.it>
Sent Wednesday, May 17, 2006 12:57 pm
Subject 1989 Honda Pilot FL400R ATV OFF ROAD SAND RAIL DUNE BUGGY
Print E-mail

Dear sir,

Sir i have seen that you are interested in buying the:1989 Honda Pilot FL400R ATV OFF ROAD SAND RAIL DUNE BUGGY
I can offer you that product at the price of: 5100 usd
The product is in excelent condition in the original box.
If you are interested in my offer please contact me at my e-mail adress:amcvines@yahoo.it
Thanks!

Yeah ok :shock: , when I replied back to the sender-I got the same scam as usual, send the money Western Union and get Pilot after money clear BS.I guess now the interent is the way of the scammer-any type of Yahoo account these days seems to be the new way to scam money etc so be careful.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Pilot in a Box?!
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 2:33 am 

Quote:
The product is in excelent condition in the original box.

NICE!!!! :shock:

I thought they came in a crate when they were new.....

DP

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 7:46 am 

Turn him into evilbay cops?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Scams
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 8:26 am 

When I was bidding on enclosed trailers off ebay I had several second chance offers on the same trailer from all over the world. Its' a very common scam & I reported everyone I recieved. I wonder if EBAY actually goes after these smucks?

Post subject: Re: Scams
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 8:07 pm 

Toyman wrote:
When I was bidding on enclosed trailers off ebay I had several second chance offers on the same trailer from all over the world. Its' a very common scam & I reported everyone I recieved. I wonder if EBAY actually goes after these smucks?

I don't think they really check these things out-IMO-It seems there is a new scam everyday off Ebay,I did report all of them but to date have gotten NOTHING back from Ebay at all, I got a fresh 1 today as a matter of fact-LOL.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Scams
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 8:19 pm 

Mudbogger wrote:
Toyman wrote:

I don't think they really check these things out-IMO-It seems there is a new scam everyday off Ebay,I did report all of them but to date have gotten NOTHING back from Ebay at all, I got a fresh 1 today as a matter of fact-LOL.

I would forward each and every one to ebay it only takes a second they created the problem let them fix it

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 1:02 am 

its not only yahoo, people steel evilbay screen names that havent been used in a while, then they list an auction with a low buy it now, then post, reply direct to my email, my ebay mail goes to my work and i cant check it, then the same bs, its in a warehouse in california, send the money ebay confirms then you get, i have even been offered to pay with paypal, same scam!

The way i see it, anything over 250.00, leave deposit and cod or pay at pickup. paypal only on ebay nothing else, no checks no money order, paypal is easy to get your mooney back, you just have to wait 10 days.
Also did everyone know that paypal seller protection is void if you don't get physical signature on items over 250.00, as far as i know fedex is only one that does it besides freight comp., ups will sign that they left by the door. dhl doesnt even offer it.