Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:53 pm 

Hey hoser - have ever seen a Engine do this?....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 0078077488

I'm not sure why but i bid on it. I'm sure someone will beat my max bid before it's over.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: ebay Engine
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:02 pm 

rmesser wrote:
Hey hoser - have ever seen a Engine do this?....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 0078077488

I'm not sure why but i bid on it. I'm sure someone will beat my max bid before it's over.

My guess is the crank bearings are GONE or the crank is TWISTED is this one of the engines ludemutt assembled with the crank he had PCP rebuild and PCP screwed it up? Then ludemutt took the crank to work and pressed it together to fix it himself?

All I know for sure is anyhting you buy from him you better BUYER BEWARE!!!!!!!

IMO that Engine in the auction is NOT worth what the current bid is without being able to inspect it myself, can you imagine the STRESS put on them cases that would cause the STEEL THEETH to be removed from that gear?

Balancer is toast they are 150 bux?
Gear on crank is toast they are 100 bux? maybe you can find a used one?
Bolt looks twisted off on exhaust manifold, have fun fixing that hehe

"81mm" on the cylinder in marker is the current bore size?

Can you imagine how STUPID someone would have to be (Dee Dee Dee) to NOT HEAR the noise the Engine was making as it removed the teeth from the gear???

I doubt that "ATV" you see on the cylinder has anything to do with ATV Racing porting, at least I would not give it any weight without FIRST putting a degree wheel on that Engine and measuring the port timing myself.... I don't recall ever seeing ATV Racing scratched on a cylinder in that style either... Maybe others can post pics of their ATV Racing carvings?

What all that crap on the "rebuilt crank" ? spray grease? I see rust on parts of it don't look like it was well protected.

Before I bid on it I would need detail pics of the whole thing from all sides including how deep the groove is in the crank where the seal rides.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:21 pm 

I would run away screaming, maybe at a few hundred it might not be a rip off but it sure looks like someone's (Ludedude's) repetative nightmare.

I suspect Bad or worn out cases, crank allowing for much movement of the crank, wobbling, violently at high rpm, damaging stators and balancers and all sorts of metal everywhere, maybe damaged case halfs or worse. Pictures missing of important spots, parts hagning on Engine that aren't included, talk about how easy it will be to fix, the set up then adding the damage after the auction started. The whole thing reeks to me of scrap metal.

I love this line "I'd replace the counter balancer bearing as well. The cylinder and piston/rings look and feel fine." Sounds easy lol He'd ain't replacing nothing. Piston and jug are fine or not, its a measurement and not a feeling, sounds like he knows exactly whats up, if it was good he would list the measurement to boost sales.

Anyway if its ALL as easy to repair as he says WHY DIDN'T HE rebuild it, cause he did and its a pos. Looks like a collection of worn out parts and broken dreams put together to lure the unsuspecting, unknowning into paying for his trash.

well ebay is the home of the broken hammer, Caveat emptor...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:30 am 

If you were going to put his motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) back together you should plan on spending at least a grand just for the gears, flywheel, bendix, water pump and other various parts just in the right side cover. You can bet these parts are all bad, if they are even included (they are not shown in the pictures or listing). With every tooth missing from the crank gear, that metal had to go somewhere and the only place for it to go is into the other gears in the side case.

The picture showing the crank is not that good but it looks as though the threads on the end of the crank are gone too....

I think you can get about a buck a pound for clean scrap aluminium, so you know the Engine is worth at least $20.....

Post subject: ebay Engine
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:30 pm 

Thaks for the input guys. Like i thought i have been outbid. :-) i noticed he revised his description and added some parts. I'd take my chances for around $200 bucks but no the current bid of $315. Hope it works out for the buyer.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 2:12 am 

rmesser wrote:
Thaks for the input guys. Like i thought i have been outbid. :-) i noticed he revised his description and added some parts. I'd take my chances for around $200 bucks but no the current bid of $315. Hope it works out for the buyer.

Quote:
Shipping, payment details, and return policy

Services available

Check item description and payment instructions or contact seller for details.

How much was he asking for shipping?

IMO with the stuff he added it still a huge crap shoot for 200 bux, I hope the buyer is smart enough to let someone with some skill inspect the parts he thinks is still good before using...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:15 pm 

The buyer is probably one of his ADMINS from his board-
That auction reaks of BS-total BS
why didnt he try to sell on his board,HIS PARTS PAGE?,or on Hosers old board?None of those guys wanted a spare motor-COMMON MAN-nobody wanted it-what???
Is the Engine for sale in that auction 1 of the motors that was rebuilt in the woods on the fateful ride year or 2 ago, the one that blew up twice if my memory of the incident said? DC is right, the parts will run you a ton of coin, the pics are bad, descriptions are vague, he can install a 440 Engine in Pilot but can;t-won't rebuild this motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? ))?

SOUNDS LIKE SOMEONE ISNT BEING TRUTHFUL-imo
buyer beware-but on a lighter note, SERVICE HONDA has great prices and they would apprec the bis, you'll need them for sure-LOL

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 5:54 pm 

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 0078150529

Heres an auction from the same seller-just to inform the newbies here,if you look at the auction it has some coincidences that I happen to notice:
#1-the high bidder is "new" to Ebay, just joined up, the 15th of Jan just a couple of days prior to the auction starting, coincedence, sure-mabye.
#2-I see the high bidder outbid himself numerous times-seems wierd doesnt it, but mabye due to his newbie status on Ebay he doesnt realize how to bid on an item, mabye again just coincedence?
#3 I see there is a certain bidder on the bidding chart that not only sells Pilot parts himself, but has links to himself on the sellers webpage/parts store and is well known to be not only a bis assocaite of the seller, but a friend.Why would he bid on the item when it would seem he could just contact his friend and ask to buy the parts?.Now-I am not saying he did/has done anything wrong here-as a matter of fact I have myself bought parts from him and he is a good guy,that's not my point at all-(so don't go there).I am simple putting some inconsistancies up for the buying public about the auction. Is it all coincedence?Mabye.Or mabye is just shows what 1 guy will try to do to scam people for every single buck they got? An item on Ebay in some cases will command much higher of a profit than selling lets say to a friend-the exposure alone is massive, it's why Ebay is in existence for so long-- Dunno -mabye it is all just a coincedence-could be huh?
The moral to the story here is this-ask questions,research each and every purchase you make and buyer beware.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 6:39 pm 

Hee Hee

I was going to bid on the tank, but saw the very same thing you did, I've seen it all too often, brand new eBayer bidding on one sellers items. Way too fishy for me......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:45 pm 

Exactly, thanks for the reply, I do apprec it,I am not alone in my thinking it seems -hehehe-well put fishy!!!!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: ebay Engine
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:07 am 

Like i tell me kids - Use the sniff test, If something stinks it stinks. You can always trust your nose and your gut.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:11 am 

rmesser wrote:
Like i tell me kids - Use the sniff test, If something stinks it stinks. You can always trust your nose and your gut.

Well stated!

Anybody know the lucky winner?

Someone with an ebay account should send him a link to my site he is going to need it, I would but I am not a ebay member...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:29 pm 

http://offer.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBa ... 0078150186

Here is the history of one I was going to bid on...
I wouldn't have gone that high... not for the ody...
bidder 5 and several others look fishy

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:48 pm 

Ebay has made changes to the way they show who the bidders are. Unless you are a bidder in the auction or you are the seller you cant see the name of the bidder. They only list bidder 1 , 2, 3 and so on. They say this is an attempt to eliminate people from contacting losing bidders after the auction ends and offering them bogus product outside of ebay.

In the radiator auction, bidder 5 has been registered on ebay for over 5 years, has a feed back of Zero, meaning he has never sold/bought anything and been given feed back buy the buyer/seller. He has bid on 9 items total in the 5 years with ebay (6 of them in the last 30 days) and here is the best part 100% of his bids in the past 5 years are all to the same seller's auctions..... 45th Parallel…coincidence? Probably not

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:50 pm 

You should take everything you've discovered to eBay!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:04 pm 

Always with the games.

He was posting as hoser on other msg boards among other things and got caught then exposed to the public, running up his own bids on ebay does not surprise me.

Why someone keeps shooting themselves in the foot, in public, over and over and over again is beyond me, want to sell something then figure out what you have to have for it and list it for that price.

This starting the auction at .99 then running it up is just plain stupid and makes you look bad.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:48 pm 

I tried to report this to Ebay on a previous auction (not 45th parallel's) but ebay just sent me an email thanking me for my concern. They are only interested in getting their money and don't really care about people boosting their own auction, it actually makes them money. The more the item sells for the more they make.

I would not bid on 45th parallels auction no matter how bad I needed the parts. I learned my lesson on the powerbloc clutches he sold, my first one showed up with the box split down the side and no cover, pucks, weights, bolt etc in the box. He did replace it but the second one was missing 1 puck and the little screw in plastic covers that hold the weights in the other 2 pucks. I emailed but I guess he wasn't interested in getting me the clutch I paid for.

I really hope the guy that paid $400 plus for that Engine didnt end up with a really expensive boat anchor....

Post subject: This is the Engine
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:14 pm 

this is the Engine

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:29 pm 

ouch...
I know the feeling... $2700.00 worth of pain...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:16 pm 

Hmm-since the Engine has been CSI'D by Hoser his forums have been shutdown to the public, that's a great way to help out the community run and hide from the issues at hand-he should refund the money and publicly apologize to afastcar for screwing him out of the $$$-espec when I have told he was trying to give some of these parts away on his site and none of the darksiders would even take them-the truth of the matter is the dirty $ takes presedence over any friend, group member, anything with some guys.I am not allowed to view his site and don't care too, it stinks of Pilothawk, tech gurus and kits that cause havoc on other boards.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:10 pm 

The LIAR claims he has not seen the pictures here or can not see them here, are all of you reading this actually THAT DUMB to think that others have not sent him this whole mess BEFORE it was moved from the Tech section to here?

Ludedude you EXPECT US to believe your still not using your proxy to come here daily + snooping around using your bogas accounts haha You were caught RED HANDED by Mike using your proxy on his site, cant blame that on ME!

Why does he thing we are all that dumb?

Why are others claiming they cant see the pictures nobody has sent them the pictures either, why don't the crybaby's simply email me I will email them the pictures LMAO, its simple to me..... that's all they have to complain about simply because I have done nothing wrong!

FYI GOOGLE and YAHOO search bots already have indexed the Evilbay Mutt Hall Of Fame!

HUNDREDS of "Guest" have viewedthe Evilbay Mutt Hall Of Fame!

MOST of the time since I started the Evilbay Mutt Hall Of Fame! section my site sees MORE "Guest" than "Registered Users"

Come one Ludedude HOW MUCH LONGER ARE YOU GOING TO KEEP CALLING US STUPID and playing dumb?

Pilothawk has been here constantly since I started the CSI on this Engine and he has not sent Ludedude one picture, SHAME ON YOU Pilothawk, looks like its Pilothawks fault NOT MINE....

I knew some how this would all be "hosers fault" LMAO

At least your smart enough to refund the guys money I hope you also paid him for my time you wasted!

Ludedude if send me your address and money for packing shipping I will ship your junk back so you will understand the 80% you say is NOT WRONG with this Engine! I have no doubt you think/thoguht its all good but that's because you have no idea what your looking at or what your doing..... proof of this is in the pictures....

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:09 pm 

Last night was the first time I talked with lude. I did let him know what was going on. Hence the refund. The rest is history.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:57 pm 

PilotHawK wrote:
Last night was the first time I talked with lude. I did let him know what was going on. Hence the refund. The rest is history.

The email correspondence I have seen show Lude was aware of the engines condition on 16 Aug 2007 if not before, I am not exactly sure when he was notified I just know when I was notified of Ludes reply to the notification their was a problem, IE Lude was notified shortly after the damage was discovered.... Lude knew about the damage before you notified him not that this really matters.

Thanks for all the help.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:45 pm 

PilotHawK wrote:

wish you were "history".Anybody for chat tonight?LMAO !!!
I viewed the THREAD ON KIOWAS via email-it seems to me that when someone posted about a refund or too help assist in regards to a refund then and only then did Brian post anything about the Engine and the conflict.Mabye he knew what exactly the purchaser has in "rights' and the red flag went up?
Mabye I am wrong-let me know-you seem to always have all the answers.

Profile E-mail