Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Supercharged FL250???
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:30 am 

hey,

my brothers and i were thinking of sticking one of those electric superchargers off ebay on the fl250 :-) . 2-3 psi boost isnt bad for only 100 bucks. see what ya think

thanks josh

http://search.ebay.com/electric-superch ... percharger

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:40 am 

joshmccarty wrote:
hey,

my brothers and i were thinking of sticking one of those electric superchargers off ebay on the fl250 :-) . 2-3 psi boost isnt bad for only 100 bucks. see what ya think

thanks josh

http://search.ebay.com/electric-superch ... percharger

Ita a scam, sham, snake oil, it don't - wont work, don't you think if it did work and for less than 100 bux EVERY enigne in the world would have one attached to it? Superchargers have been around since the turn of the century yet these guys are the only people smart enough to figure out you can take a 15.00 electric defroster blower and put it on your Engine and make more power is some guy on evilbay....

You would be better off installing a power band.

Attachments:
powerband.jpg
powerband.jpg [ 46.98 KiB | Viewed 953 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:05 am 

Where can we get one of those "Power Bands"? :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:08 pm 

does limewire carry them?????????????/ :shock: :shock: :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:01 pm 

Here is another.

Evilbay Item number: 140127078763

Hey kids, has your 2-dinger lost it's power?? do you get flogged by those other kids one their shiny new bikes??? do you feel like your not part of the "in" crowd?? Dad won't buy you a new MXer??

If you said yes to any of these questions then this is the part for you!!!!

Brand new POWERBANDS for your 'crosser!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Universal fit, Easy Installation, Looks Hot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Ladies LOVE 'EM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get in quick, won't last at these prices!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments:
POWERBANDS2.JPG
POWERBANDS2.JPG [ 14.39 KiB | Viewed 930 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:44 pm 

Hoser,

I made a quick comparison of the electric turbo vs the power band. The electric turbos are ‘race’ rated. The 2 examples of the power band that you show are not race rated. Therefore any one with any background in power sports can tell that the power band is not going to have nearly the beneficial effect of the electric turbo. I’m surprised that you did not pick up on this. :-P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:10 pm 

We actually bought an electric turbo for ha ha's for the shop woods junker car. For $20 we thought we could rice it out a bit before we blow it up. It does however advertise enough CFM to help out a 4cyl Engine a slight bit, Not that I believe it will do anything. Results to come.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:18 pm 

King Kx wrote:
We actually bought an electric turbo for ha ha's for the shop woods junker car. For $20 we thought we could rice it out a bit before we blow it up. It does however advertise enough CFM to help out a 4cyl Engine a slight bit, Not that I believe it will do anything. Results to come.

Pictures?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:49 am 

WOW

those powerbands are awsome, you recon theyll ship worldwide lol. Is that for real or did you make that as a joke?
im gonna buy one of thos turbo things, ill post the outcome good or bad lol.

cheers josh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:02 pm 

Kx, Did you ever try out the "boost" on your junker yet?

At the risk of being tarred and feathered. I'm not sure why you are so quick to jump on the concept Hoser, using the "if it worked everyone would have it" is pretty poor one. Ask Michael Dell or Henry Ford or Wright brothers and I'd bet a few folks said the same thing to them... Yes that was a bit extreme but the whole point of invention is NEW PRODUCTS.

That being said, I don't' see why an electric-motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) couldn't produce a few pound of presure, do you? If it can product that kind of pressure why wouldn't' the concept work?

Asaszn

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:21 am 

An electric supercharger of that nature will not flow enough CFM to produce any type of boost. There is a large electric superhcarger out there that does produce enough CFM, but the amount of battery energy that is required doens't make it feasable for anything really.

I love the ones advertised for cars. they flow 300 CFM ! Wow... that's about what the Engine uses at idle.

You have to greatly increase the CFM over what the Engine drawns in Naturally Aspirated to gain any performance. The only way to increase the volumetric efficiency of an Engine with a supercharger is with the standard belt/pulley system.
Consider also... To produce boost across a powerband, the speed of the blower has to be variable to keep up with the varying RPM otherwise you will have a boost spike at a certain RPM and will drop off after that. Blower RPM is proportional to Engine RPM for a reason.

In short, electric blowers do just the opposite...they suck :)

-Shannon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:32 am 

I think my Kid's Bike needs one of these Power bands!!! The auction is over, any clues where I can get one for christmas??? Money is no object, I have a credit card!!!
Does it come with INSTRUCTIONS???
Will chucklenuts at aftershot motorspurts have this in a larger version for my Odyssey???

hoser wrote:
Here is another.

Evilbay Item number: 140127078763

Hey kids, has your 2-dinger lost it's power?? do you get flogged by those other kids one their shiny new bikes??? do you feel like your not part of the "in" crowd?? Dad won't buy you a new MXer??

If you said yes to any of these questions then this is the part for you!!!!

Brand new POWERBANDS for your 'crosser!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Universal fit, Easy Installation, Looks Hot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Ladies LOVE 'EM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get in quick, won't last at these prices!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 7:33 pm 

We finally had time to try out the electric supercharger set up. The test mule was a early 90's subaru loyal wagon, 4 cyl, pancake Engine, fuel injected, mass air set up, manual trans. We removed the air filter housing and hooked up the disharge port of the electric blower to the inlet of the mass air meter. Mass air meters typically compensate up to 20% increase to allow for enough fuel for Engine mods. This thing did nothing. Even at idle you could squeeze the disharge tube with ease. No boost pressure in there. Then for greater laughs we to took me new hand held leaf blower and hooked that up to the MAF inlet. First we tried it with the throttle locked on full all the time but this caused the Engine to stumble and buck upon acceleration. I then hooked up a piece of mechanics wire to the throttle and snaked it into the inside of the car and rode shotgun. It was quite amusing seeing peoples faces as we pulled up to other shops and revved the leaf blower. This also did not produce any seat of the pants feel. It was worth the laughs though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 7:59 pm 

King Kx wrote:
We finally had time to try out the electric supercharger set up. The test mule was a early 90's subaru loyal wagon, 4 cyl, pancake Engine, fuel injected, mass air set up, manual trans. We removed the air filter housing and hooked up the disharge port of the electric blower to the inlet of the mass air meter. Mass air meters typically compensate up to 20% increase to allow for enough fuel for Engine mods. This thing did nothing. Even at idle you could squeeze the disharge tube with ease. No boost pressure in there. Then for greater laughs we to took me new hand held leaf blower and hooked that up to the MAF inlet. First we tried it with the throttle locked on full all the time but this caused the Engine to stumble and buck upon acceleration. I then hooked up a piece of mechanics wire to the throttle and snaked it into the inside of the car and rode shotgun. It was quite amusing seeing peoples faces as we pulled up to other shops and revved the leaf blower. This also did not produce any seat of the pants feel. It was worth the laughs though.

lol

Any pictures or video?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 8:53 pm 

I never have a camera/recorder when I need it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:39 pm 

I was just reading up on this old thread. Those electric superchargers are almost all scams. Big joke. About the only one of that type that has any credibility and data to back up any gain (very little) is the e-Ram. http://www.electricsupercharger.com/ .

Of course, there are some real electric superchargers runnning roots type blowers and I think there are some centrifugal electric blower. But those have POWERFUL electric motors that spin real superchargers. These are the real deal.... http://www.boosthead.com/home.php

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:56 pm 

I haven't laughed so hard in a long time.

Those 'powerbands' are the stuff dreams are made of!!

LMAO, how dumb are people to buy that stupid electric blower?

Best thing I could think of using it for would be to defrost the freezer or dry my socks!! :-)