Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:48 pm 

Back in April I sold the little 250 motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) out of my chinese go kart. I included the rear axle and wiring harness among other goodies/stuff... The box was packaged by UPS... It arrived with the box a shambles, and the cvt cover had a small hole in the side. I informed to the buyer to contact ups and file a claim... I know they are required by law to have cargo insurance, whether you buy it as a consumer or not... DOT requirement...
I last heard about this about two weeks after initial complaint... when he refused to release the package after three pick up attempts...
I then started receiving phone calls from a COLLECTION AGENCY and this finally pissed me off enough to call Paypal and point out the history of the package. I told the lady that after almost 30 days the guy decides to send it back to me. I asked "is there something in their user agreement that let this guy use this motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) for that period of time and then send it back??? She thought that was funny!!! So she stated that usually all the read is the final delivery statement and base their resolution on that. She reopened my case and stated that just by the details of the tracking history I shouldn't have a problem getting this resolved... I didn't even get to the part that it was never delivered to my house???
here is the tracking history... What would you do???

Track Shipments

Track Packages & Freight Quantum View Flex Global View

Tracking Detail | Help

Your package has been delivered.

Tracking Number: 1Z R03 007 03 5039 074 4
Type: Package
Delivered On: 06/13/2007 10:44 A.M.
Signed By: ONEIL
Delivered To: SEGUIN, TX, US
Shipped/Billed On: 04/30/2007
Service: GROUND
Weight: 107.10 Lbs

Package Progress
Location Date Local Time Description
SAN MARCOS,
TX, US 06/13/2007 10:44 A.M. DELIVERY
SAN ANTONIO,
TX, US 06/13/2007 12:54 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
HOUSTON,
TX, US 06/12/2007 9:15 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
NEW STANTON,
PA, US 06/08/2007 12:23 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
ELKINS,
WV, US 06/07/2007 8:40 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
06/07/2007 7:19 P.M. THE RECEIVER REFUSES TO PAY THE CHARGES BECAUSE OF A CONFLICT IN PRICE / RETURNED TO SHIPPER
SOUTH CHARLESTON,
WV, US 05/18/2007 7:26 P.M. ARRANGEMENTS HAVE BEEN CONFIRMED WITH CUSTOMER
05/18/2007 7:13 P.M. THE PACKAGE WAS DAMAGED IN TRANSIT. UPS WILL NOTIFY THE SENDER WITH THE DETAILS / RECEIVER KEPT DAMAGED MERCHANDISE. UPS WILL NOTIFY THE SENDER WITH DETAILS OF THE DAMAGE
ELKINS,
WV, US 05/17/2007 12:40 P.M. DAMAGE INSPECTION REQUEST CHANGED
ELKINS,
WV, US 05/08/2007 5:54 P.M. THE PACKAGE WAS NOT READY FOR PICKUP ON THE 3RD ATTEMPT. / UNABLE TO PICK UP PACKAGE. CALL TAG IS BEING RETURNED TO SENDER
05/08/2007 5:47 P.M. THE RECEIVER DID NOT WANT THE ORDER AND REFUSED THIS DELIVERY
ELKINS,
WV, US 05/07/2007 5:51 P.M. NOT READY FOR PICKUP ON THE 1ST ATTEMPT. A 2ND PICKUP ATTEMPT WILL BE MADE
ELKINS,
WV, US 05/04/2007 1:18 P.M. DAMAGE INSPECTION SCHEDULED
05/04/2007 11:19 A.M. DELIVERY
US 04/30/2007 9:00 A.M. BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

Tracking results provided by UPS: 08/27/2007 10:21 P.M. ET

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:42 am 

That china buggy going to haunt you the rest of your life?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:00 pm 

hoser wrote:

LOL seems that way!!!
lmao

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:55 pm 

Beware that paypal does not help you. I've been in your shoes before, not fun.
Read this link.
http://www.paypalsucks.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:18 pm 

Turbotexas wrote:
hoser wrote:

LOL seems that way!!!
lmao

What was that saying about a" BULL in a CHINA SHOP?" :shock: :-)
Good luck, David.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: pp-ups scam
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:13 pm 

And that is why I only pay / accept money orders and use Fed Ex.

PP is the biggest scam going. if you have any $ in you pp acount, remove it asap.

ups has lost / damaged / screwed up more stuff. They even 'lost' a Toyota third member - the empty box arrived still taped up, yet ship weight was 68#.

in 2004 sold my Marlin Crawler - buyer paid with a stolen credit card. PP only figures this out 60 days later, and comes after me by way of the Collection Agency. To this day I refuse to pay them.

Write a proffesional sounding letter to the collection agency disputing the issues. Do not waste your time arguing with the pinhead on the phone. State the facts, and how you tried to resolve the issue, and that UPS is at fault. Provide your documentation. State firmly that the buyer did recieve the item, and UPS is responsible for the damage. And that you will not be paying any monies. Keep all copies.
If you are part of a group legal plan, contact them to draft a letter.

Good luck and do not use pp or ups.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:50 pm 

The latest... the form letter on the bottom is exactly like the one they responded with to this letter...

RE: Resolution of Case Number: PP-281-833-951:PBP190:‏
Sent: Wed 8/29/07 11:12 AM
To: service@paypal.com
Cc: consumercomplaints@oag.state.tx.us; consumercomplaints@oag.state.ca.us; consumercomplaints@oag.state.wv.us

Does the term user agreement mean a guy can use something for 30 days and then send it
back??? Please CAREFULLY read the tracking history. I never signed a delivery receipt at my
home address of 1890 church road, Seguin,TX 78155
I do not have possession of this Engine. The buyer refused to let UPS pick up this package
on 3 initial attempts. Two weeks later the buyer reschedules UPS inspection of damages. What
did he do with this used go kart Engine for these two weeks? Thirty days after he initially
received this Engine, and two weeks after the UPS Inspection, he decides to return to me. I
stated in my auction this was a used Engine. I sent video of a compression test I did to
prove Engine was good. The buyer alleged damage to the outer plastic case. I forwarded him
contact information to a friend who would have given him this alleged broken piece. The
piece was not required to operate the Engine, and most remove this cover for better cooling
of the transmission.
I am unsure why the buyer refused to release this Allegedly damaged Engine when UPS made 3
attempts to pick up on the original call ticket? I have no idea what he has done to this
Engine in the 30 days he has had possession of this Engine. I have no idea who he allegedly
shipped this Engine to. As of today, I have not seen this Engine shipped to my house or
returned to my possession.
I feel that this buyer is attempting to defraud me by use of deception, and believe Paypal
inc. will defame my credit rating by continuous threats from the collection agency they have
employed to collect this fraudulent charge-back. If this buyer would have let UPS pick this
up in their original 3 attempts, I might feel obligated to return his money, even though the
auction stated this was an as is/no returns auction.
Lynette was very professional and courteous in her handling of our phone conversation.
David Mills
1890 Church Rd.
Seguin,TX 78155
210-831-8764
turbotexas@hotmail.com

> Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 21:29:17 -0700
> To: turbotexas@hotmail.com
> Subject: Resolution of Case Number: PP-281-833-951:PBP190:
>
> Dear David Mills,
>
> PayPal has concluded the investigation of the following complaint:
>
> Complaint Details
> ------------------------------
> Transaction Date: Apr 24, 2007
> Transaction Amount: -$637.42 USD
> Your Transaction ID: 5UA680923D694092C
> Buyer's Transaction ID: 8AY27915N8837302A
> Case Number: PP-281-833-951
> Buyer's Name: Anthony Bonner
> Buyer's Email: anthony.bonner@canaanvi.org
> ------------------------------
>
> In response to your appeal, the buyer has provided reasonable proof the
> merchandise has been shipped back to you. Therefore, in accordance with our
> User Agreement, we cannot grant your appeal. If any issues in regard to
> your claim remain unresolved, we encourage you to work directly with the
> buyer to reach an amicable resolution.
>
> Thank you for using PayPal.
>
> Sincerely,
> Cedric
> Protection Services Department
> PayPal, an eBay Company

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:52 am 

This is a very sucky situation to be stuck in. I am dealing w/ two of these right now from the other side of the coin.

I had a guy ship an ATC250R Engine up to Hoser for his special touch and when it arrived Hoser found it to be junk. None of the ports into or out of the Engine had been blocked off. Who knows how long it sat like this but Hoser found plenty of dirt and grime in the Engine. Seller also spray bombed the Engine to make it look nice for the photos. Guy claimed the jug had a fresh bore and was ready to go. He did say there was no piston included. The mutt failed to secure the rod which beat the hell out of the cylinder wall that was not freshly bored as desribed.

My other deal a guy sent $1k worth of merchandise to me but put the wrong address on it. After weeks of dealing with it I finally asked the guy for my money back as I had nothing to do with him butchering the address I gave him and I had not claim w/ fedex. The guy only wanted to refund half my money because "Why should I be out my money and my merchandise" as he put it.

There are some very dishonest douche bags out there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:02 pm 

wiggins wrote:
This is a very sucky situation to be stuck in. I am dealing w/ two of these right now from the other side of the coin.

I had a guy ship an ATC250R Engine up to Hoser for his special touch and when it arrived Hoser found it to be junk. None of the ports into or out of the Engine had been blocked off. Who knows how long it sat like this but Hoser found plenty of dirt and grime in the Engine. Seller also spray bombed the Engine to make it look nice for the photos. Guy claimed the jug had a fresh bore and was ready to go. He did say there was no piston included. The mutt failed to secure the rod which beat the hell out of the cylinder wall that was not freshly bored as desribed.

My other deal a guy sent $1k worth of merchandise to me but put the wrong address on it. After weeks of dealing with it I finally asked the guy for my money back as I had nothing to do with him butchering the address I gave him and I had not claim w/ fedex. The guy only wanted to refund half my money because "Why should I be out my money and my merchandise" as he put it.

There are some very dishonest douche bags out there.

Yeah that guy is a mutt!

Here are the pics I finally put them in the album.

http://pilotodyssey.com/cpg/thumbnails.php?album=43

Ebay add said

this is out of a 86 honda 250R.This Engine has very low hours on it.The cylinder has already been bored out so all it needs is a piston. Im not sure if it is .10 over or .50 over.....so it will have to be measured for piston size also it might need a new clutch soon.No cracks in case.

Profile E-mail