Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 6:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:14 pm 

Your old crank, it has aluminum beat into it, you got SO lucky see on the lobes of the crank wheels where chunks of the piston got between the crank and cases your lucky it didnt punch a hole in both cases...

Attachments:
DSC03332.JPG
DSC03332.JPG [ 66.24 KiB | Viewed 1276 times ]
DSC03333.JPG
DSC03333.JPG [ 73 KiB | Viewed 1276 times ]
DSC03336.JPG
DSC03336.JPG [ 87.1 KiB | Viewed 1276 times ]
DSC03337.JPG
DSC03337.JPG [ 74.31 KiB | Viewed 1276 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:06 pm 

Well after a considerable amount of time your bottom end is completed, I did the hoser exclusive usual oil mods to enhance oil migration to your crank bearings and seals to help extend their live and to provide better cooling I also spent a considerable time removing some of the nasty factory casting flaws that inhibit flow where the air/fuel flows from the bottom of the crank case up to the transfer ports on the cylinder.

I will work on the top end tomorrow night.

The head looks like it has some scuffing on the dome from parts of the piston, I will polish it out so its like new again.

Attachments:
DSC03355.JPG
DSC03355.JPG [ 69.26 KiB | Viewed 1248 times ]
DSC03356.JPG
DSC03356.JPG [ 77.68 KiB | Viewed 1248 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:23 pm 

Thanks so much Hoser! Honda scared me and never even sent me a invoice or confirmation, but I did see the total taken out, so that's good.

Reeds are ****ed, haha. Were flipped before. Yeah the cylinder and head nuts should have been in a ziploc bag in the upper compartment of the lid.

You can keep the cooler BTW. Unless you need it to ship the Engine back.

Also, I do have more 250r parts I can send you when/if wanted. don't know if you got my PM about them or not. It includes the other shift fork.

Im trying to locate a cr250 reed cage also, got everything else I was looking for all ready and set.

If anything else is needed, let me know please =)

Thanks again!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:38 pm 

Twilight wrote:
Thanks so much Hoser! Honda scared me and never even sent me a invoice or confirmation, but I did see the total taken out, so that's good.

Reeds are ****ed, haha. Were flipped before. Yeah the cylinder and head nuts should have been in a ziploc bag in the upper compartment of the lid.

You can keep the cooler BTW. Unless you need it to ship the Engine back.

Also, I do have more 250r parts I can send you when/if wanted. don't know if you got my PM about them or not. It includes the other shift fork.

Im trying to locate a cr250 reed cage also, got everything else I was looking for all ready and set.

If anything else is needed, let me know please =)

Thanks again!

I have flipped reeds 2-3 times before swapping to new, long as they lay flat and seal I keep flipping them, never seen one delaminate like yours in the pic, the rest of the reeds look good just a defective one?

You didnt ship exhaust manifold with the Engine?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:50 pm 

Ah the exhaust manifold is actually here with me, need me to ship it?

The reeds got messed up when I took the top end off and used brake cleaner and soapy water to clean the cylinder and head off. When drying it started to peel up.

Have new ones here that I used the wrong address for. My bad.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:50 pm 

Any updates?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:12 pm 

Twilight wrote:
Any updates?

Oh yeah your Engine is done, I am sorry for the delay I went the extra mile on your top end their was many sharp edges on the cylinder wall and the new piston I hoserized both the cylinder and the piston to aid in better oiling in critical areas its a pain taking task you wont see no ordinary shop perform these modifications, I will install the reed cage without the gaskets so you can change the reeds once you get it, you can also install the exhaust manifold.

All that's left for me to do is package your Engine up for shipping, I was not all that thrilled with the packing material choice you made so I will scrounge up some more foam to surround your Engine with, might have to take a trip to home depot.

You know how to do a UPS pickup, you go to their site and schedule a pickup, when you get to the point of printing out the ticket you print to a PDF so you can sent it to me and I can print it out and stick it on your package.

To print to PDF you install this program http://www.dopdf.com/
Its free and easy, it installs a print driver so when you go to print you just pick dopdf off the printer list.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:13 pm 

Ah okay, didnt see this post... Im super happy, while down in OR I found a NSR250r!!! Now to see this, even more happy.

Will be hopefully figuring out the UPS thing soon, do I need package info?

Also like I said, you can keep the cooler, get them at work all the time.

Thanks again Hoser! VERY much appreciated!

Woohoo GREAT DAY!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:04 pm 

Hoser have a time you would like for it to bepicked up or a day?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:26 am 

Twilight wrote:
Hoser have a time you would like for it to bepicked up or a day?

Any time and day I just need to know what one so I can leave it at the "front door" where they normally drop off packages here.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:11 pm 

yes something relating to this happend me, only the ring got rung in my one , that happend about 3 years ago and now the pilot still lies in my container waiting for another piston!, i would go out and get one but ive no idea were to go!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:23 pm 

Engine came Tuesday, finally got to installing it and putting the Pilot back together today =). Cold compression is 170psi!? Is that too much or sound about right with the speedchaser head? Ive been using HP2 mixed 32:1, and was wondering if that sounds okay to break in the Engine? Havent started it yet and would like opinions. I am still waiting on my k&n pods to come, but everything else is ready. Also, I realized the CR reed cage I have doesnt have a stuffer in it, weird. So for now the stock cage for my 89 was put in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:13 am 

Twilight wrote:
Engine came Tuesday, finally got to installing it and putting the Pilot back together today =). Cold compression is 170psi!? Is that too much or sound about right with the speedchaser head? Ive been using HP2 mixed 32:1, and was wondering if that sounds okay to break in the Engine? Havent started it yet and would like opinions. I am still waiting on my k&n pods to come, but everything else is ready. Also, I realized the CR reed cage I have doesnt have a stuffer in it, weird. So for now the stock cage for my 89 was put in.

When you tested the compression did you test it with the complete exhaust system installed and the complete intake system installed?

Run the same jetting and oil ratios you always run.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:45 pm 

Yeah system all hooked up. Compression is 174 when warm, going to go and fatten for more oil. My k and n's came so now I can perfect my jetting :) will update tonight

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:57 am 

Hey Twilight I never got that " wet check" you kept saying was returned to you whats the deal?

Anybody seen Twilight? His email don't work he stopped answering my PM's because I WANT MY MONEY!

He has NEVER PAID me for rebuilding his Pilot Engine.

He seems to have plenty of money for his other toys but NONE TO PAY ME?

Hey Twilight when you read this keep in mind every time you start that Pilot that I spent about 14 hours of my life on getting your Engine running again and saved you hundreds of dollars over sending it to ANYBODY else, then again I never been paid so I guess your even more money ahead.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:12 am 

WOW! Sorry to hear this Hoser! :shock:
I'm hoping there will be a good reason for all this non/payment/communication.
Anybody know him to check him out? Know where he lives?
Totally sucks when you do people good deads and they shaft you.
I have been shafted many times! :shock: Is that too much info? :-)
Hope it all works out in the end for ya Mate.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:43 am 

bugeye59 wrote:
WOW! Sorry to hear this Hoser! :shock:
I'm hoping there will be a good reason for all this non/payment/communication.
Anybody know him to check him out? Know where he lives?
Totally sucks when you do people good deads and they shaft you.
I have been shafted many times! :shock: Is that too much info? :-)
Hope it all works out in the end for ya Mate.

Last I heard from him he sent the check but they returned it because the envelope had got wet in the rain and they could not read my address to deliver, he was going to send it again, has not arrived, I sent him PM's he has quit answering them tried sending emails his email does not work.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:43 pm 

I like his new "location".

Making me feel like a heel for not sending out the 250R axle and CDI (Capacitor Discharge Ignition) rubber holder, but I know it will eventually get done.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:14 pm 

Ody_Stable wrote:
I like his new "location".

Making me feel like a heel for not sending out the 250R axle and CDI (Capacitor Discharge Ignition) rubber holder, but I know it will eventually get done.

This should not make others feel any different... :-)

You know or knew I was not in a big hurry for those parts or I would be nagging you lol you going to meet up on a ride this trip if so bring the parts save on shipping.... Hate to see UPS mess up the axle :shock:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:31 pm 

As long as I can get out there before new years I'm there.

Want to get a few things done to pilots though and may bring the '85 250R, haven't had it out yet. No wife and kids, would be nice to exceed 30mph for a change.......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:12 pm 

I see he is active on the 3 wheeler board so made use of their Buyers / Seller Feed Back Forum and put a post their, I also sent him a PM on that site, sent him a email using that sites email thing and replied to two of the post he made on that site in the past 24 hours.

I replied to a few of his current post thinking he has his email notification of a reply turned on, I want to make sure were connecting since I have had no luck using the contact tools here.

Here is a link to the feed back I left him.
http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread ... post817610

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:37 pm 

I have sent him some PM'S as well on the s wheeler board,no answer back either-but it was for 250r parts not this.
This is a real shame as it ruins the good work of a man that devotes his life to the group-Hoser thanks for doing all you do-I APPRECIATE IT MUCH.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:19 am 

The last email I got from Twilight was on 1/7/2010 9:25 PM by email, his reply was "Should be there tomorrow. Let me know." referring to the check he was suppose to send.

Well here it is 1-25-10 and NO CHECK

Been sending emails never get a reply perhaps they are not getting through? maybe others can try his email see if it works? anthony809@juno.com

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:50 pm 

Just checked the mail nothing from the yahoo Twilight !

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:29 pm 

No check!

Still has not replied to any of my emails!

Anybody have his phone number I bet if I call at 3am he will be home?

Profile E-mail