Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:16 pm 

UPDATE Added the 'Long Story' to show the level of intelligence and the quality of the customer service you will receive, for a business owner it has to be embarrassing to have people like this dealing with the general public.

don't ever buy a AIMS brand power inverter they are JUNK. Also NEVER do business with http://theinverterstore.com/

Anybody that's considering doing business with http://theinverterstore.com/ or buying a AIMS brand product if you need to read the full story I post below I am out over $250.00 for an inverter that lasted less than an hr.

NOTE : AIMS Power and the inverter store are owned by the same people, read on.

Its clear to me these AIMS inverters are cheap low quality made in china junk, they are suppose to be protected every which way you can imagine, Over Temperature protection, Over Load protection, Internally fuse protected
ac output short circuit protection, Auto reset on most fault conditions
yet they still don't work.
Search words so others looking for a inverter will find this in a google search.
Inverter 2500 watt inverter 149.99 FREE SHIPPING
AIMS 300 Watt PURE sine power inverter. Includes load based fan and cables.
AIMS 1250 watt power inverter. Only $129. Free cables and shipping.
AIMS 400 watt power inverter. Perfect for smaller devices. Only $34
AIMS 1500 watt PURE sine power inverter. Clean power. Only $449! Free wireless remote and shipping.
AIMS 1500 Watt, 24 Vdc, Pure Sine Wave Power Inverter
12 volt inverter Car power inverters Jump starter 2000 watt inverter Pure sine wave inverter
DC to AC inverter DC AC Power Inverters Supplier of modified and pure sine wave DC to AC power inverters and deep cycle batteries. power inverter, power converters, inverters, plug adapter, 12 volt, 24 volt, ... Volt DC to 110 Volt AC power inverter, 100 watts continuous, 200 watts peak

Attachments:
31jtKaWiTFL._SL500_AA250_.jpg
31jtKaWiTFL._SL500_AA250_.jpg [ 9.75 KiB | Viewed 2644 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:24 pm 

I see now I am not the only one having problems with the same device.

http://www.amazon.com/AIMS-Power-Invert ... ewpoints=1

Quote:
By V. Wanner "Victor" (Saginaw, MI) - See all my reviews
(REAL NAME)
Use only 2 weeks, perhaps 3 times. Never over 1500 watts. Product fails to work now.

Quote:
By Dave (USA) - See all my reviews
DON'T BUY..I have fried 2 units in 2 years. same setup. never more than 1800w continuous. Received 2 units to replace the last fried unit both are DOA. specifically they fail under high temps. lets say 95F room temp.. found out from Aims they only test to room temp in the warehouse might be 85F. far from 55C in their specification.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:27 pm 

More reviews on other inverters they sell.

http://www.amazon.com/AIMS-Power-1500W- ... ewpoints=1

Quote:
By Steven G. Neubeck (Watsonville, California United States) - See all my reviews
(REAL NAME)
The description does not match what I got. There were no meters and no cables. Of the two pictures, the smaller blue one is what I got. I would have over looked this deception if it could deliver 1500 watts. It did not. It ran my computer OK but when I tried to print on my laser printer, it failed. A different brand (Go Power) is what I'm using now and it works great with the same hook up. In this case, I feel it is better to pay a little more for a different brand. They did refund me only 80% which makes me think it went back on the shelf for the next victim.

Quote:
By C. Vincent - See all my reviews
(REAL NAME)
i bought one of these thru invertersrus and it has never worked right, i did not realize it was killing my batteries too fast until i went to the shop to have a 3rd battery put on, they said this inverter should be so efficient it could run 2 days without killing my batteries, so i contacted aims and explained the situation, they agreed the inverter should not kill 2 batteries in 7-8 hours, i had the inverter for a year and a month so it was out of warranty, they wanted 250 plus shipping both ways to even look at it, i could basically replace this one for that, i should have done more research, aims does not have good reviews on this site, do not buy their products, cheap inverters

2500 watt inverter 149.99 FREE SHIPPING How to Choose a Power Inverter for your RV or RoadTrip Vehicle Power Inverter 12 - 24 Volt DC AC Inverters Supplier of modified and pure sine wave DC to AC power inverters and deep cycle batteries. Modified Sine Wave (12V) 2500 watt inverter 149.99 FREE SHIPPING

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:41 pm 

this is what happens when people care about profit more than quality.. if only they had taken the time to make and test their products correctly. I had a "targus" brand inverter rated at around 150 watts.. its melted to the floor of my car.

Targus paid for new carpeting after weeks of phone calls from me. :)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:05 pm 

Below is the email conversation with the inverter store, the long story. Their replies are in bold.
I bought the FIRST inverter on 1-10-07 not sure how that makes 3 years old.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello
I have a PWRB2500 inverter I bought from you a while back, (you can check your records for exact date)

A little history on this inverter, I bought it to power my college size fridge in my RV kill a watt says the running
amps is 1.2 amps with the fridge 80 degrees inside and out after running for 1 minute, anyways I installed the
inverter and tested it, it worked perfectly, then I went on a trip from Chicago to CA it was winter time, by time
I got to Albuquerque NM it was warm enough I needed to turn on my fridge and run it, I turned on the inverter
and nothing, didnt work, needless to say I spent my 25 day trip running my generator to power my fridge,
when I got home I sent the inverter to you, you sent me another or fixed this one? When I got it back
I brought my 3 deep cycle battery's in my shop charge them to ensure they were charged then hooked to your
inverter to test it, it worked perfectly, I hooked up a small electric heater and let it run until the low battery
alarm went off then I charge the battery's again and let it drain them again, I did this 3 times, it worked perfectly
I then put it back in the factory boxes and put it on the shelf.

Today I unboxed it and hooked to one of my fully charged deep cycle battery's then turned it on with nothing
plugged into the a/c side, turn it on the fans come on but the green light does not, no voltage found in either
outlet, even plugged in a lamp with a 60 watt bulb nothing... fans run no green light no a/c voltage.

After the first time it failed I decided I needed a backup inverter so I didnt have to use my generator on my next trip
if one failed, I bought a coleman PMP2000 and have been using it that is why the PWRB2500 has been setting in
the box, I only got it out to test it again because I am planning a 6 week trip that I will be going on in about 5-6
weeks and this is part of my pre trip testing, I also will be adding a 4th deep cycle battery on this trip.

Please advise, their is no green light is their a fuse inside I need to check?

These go bad just setting on the shelf in the factory box and packaging ?

Thanks in advance

MY PERSONAL INFO REMOVED
IT WAS HERE

My units serial number is 06J06348

I already sent this email to both the tech support and customer service customerservice@aimscorp.net and techsupport@aimscorp.net
maybe I should have only sent to you I am not sure who has the record of my purchase and past servicing.
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
sorry to hear you are having problems with our inverter. You will need to call returns at 775-359-6703 ext 3 to get a RA#.
There is no fuse or resettable parts that would cause that error.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

I sent my inverter in but have not heard anything back from you guys how do I check on its status?

I am currently working 12 hrs a day 7 days a week so cant call in.

Thanks

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
What is your return number?
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

I am not sure I had to call on the phone to get the number then I wrote it on the paper I enclosed in the
package I sent to you.

The name was
MY PERSONAL INFO REMOVED
IT WAS HERE

Thanks again
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Were you the one who called for the return number?

////////////////////////////////////////////////////
You get my last email?

Trying to find out the status of my inverter I need something for a up coming trip, I bought this inverter but have only used it for
maybe an hr total, 99% of the time I used it was testing the replacement after the first one failed, the first one was only used maybe 15 min
total.
/////////////////////////////////////////////////
What is your return number?
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////
I don't remember I wrote it on the box with the address when I sent it, you should be able to contact your
department that issues the return number and see what number he issued me over the phone.

The name was
MY PERSONAL INFO REMOVED
IT WAS HERE
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Hello ooooo,
I just spoke with our returns department and they tried to call you on the 12th of this month. Your inverter
is 3 years old, and AIMS only offers a 1 year warranty.
The Inverter Store

///////////////////////////////////////////////////
Why did they tell me to ship it back to you if its not under warranty?

I am very upset by this, I bought a new inverter and only used it for a total of about an hour.

The first time I went bad it was only used about 15 min, the second time it was tested for about 45 minutes
then not used for about 1 year.

I also have shipped it back to you 2 times for a total of close to $50.00 in shipping charges.

I paid good hard earned money for a solid converter, your sales guys told me this was exactly what I need and
you never have problems with them and now your telling me I am out about $250.00 ?
/////////////////////////////////////////////////
Hello ooooo,
I do understand your frustrations. Unfortunately, there is no way for the returns department to know when you
purchased the inverter. They only become aware of this when they see the invoice you send back with your inverter.
The Inverter Store

//////////////////////////////////////////////////
NO NO NO
Below in bold letters is the original email I sent, I stated REAL CLEARLY "(you can check your records for exact date)"
And included my name and address so you could look up the purchase date, then you replied telling me to call a number
to get a RA number so I did and I shipped the inverter back to you.

Below is the original email and your reply in bold letters.

I would have never spend 24 bux on shipping sending it back just so you could call me to tell me its not under
warranty, in the very first line of the email I want to clear up the purchase date.

Date: Saturday, July 25, 2009, 2:20 PM

Hello
I have a PWRB2500 inverter I bought from you a while back, (you can check your records for exact date)

A little history on this inverter, I bought it to power my college size fridge in my RV kill a watt says the running
amps is 1.2 amps with the fridge 80 degrees inside and out after running for 1 minute, anyways I installed the
inverter and tested it, it worked perfectly, then I went on a trip from Chicago to CA it was winter time, by time
I got to Albuquerque NM it was warm enough I needed to turn on my fridge and run it, I turned on the inverter
and nothing, didnt work, needless to say I spent my 25 day trip running my generator to power my fridge,
when I got home I sent the inverter to you, you sent me another or fixed this one? When I got it back
I brought my 3 deep cycle battery's in my shop charge them to ensure they were charged then hooked to your
inverter to test it, it worked perfectly, I hooked up a small electric heater and let it run until the low battery
alarm went off then I charge the battery's again and let it drain them again, I did this 3 times, it worked perfectly
I then put it back in the factory boxes and put it on the shelf.

Today I unboxed it and hooked to one of my fully charged deep cycle battery's then turned it on with nothing
plugged into the a/c side, turn it on the fans come on but the green light does not, no voltage found in either
outlet, even plugged in a lamp with a 60 watt bulb nothing... fans run no green light no a/c voltage.

After the first time it failed I decided I needed a backup inverter so I didnt have to use my generator on my next trip
if one failed, I bought a coleman PMP2000 and have been using it that is why the PWRB2500 has been setting in
the box, I only got it out to test it again because I am planning a 6 week trip that I will be going on in about 5-6
weeks and this is part of my pre trip testing, I also will be adding a 4th deep cycle battery on this trip.

Please advise, their is no green light is their a fuse inside I need to check?

These go bad just setting on the shelf in the factory box and packaging ?

Thanks in advance

MY PERSONAL INFO REMOVED
IT WAS HERE

My units serial number is 06J06348

I already sent this email to both the tech support and customer service customerservice@aimscorp.net and
techsupport@aimscorp.net
maybe I should have only sent to you I am not sure who has the record of my purchase and past servicing.

Then you replied.

""sorry to hear you are having problems with our inverter. You will need to call returns at
775-359-6703 ext 3 to get a RA#. There is no fuse or resettable parts that would cause that error.""

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Hello,
We did not look up this order, as it states on our website that we only offer a 1 year warranty.
We will look at the paperwork once we receive the unit. We can ship the unit back to you, but unfortunately,
we can not honor any warranty replacements on it.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Send it back ASAP!

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

You will need to cover that return cost.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

NO YOU WILL pay for your mistakes and you will cover the return cost,
the ONLY reason I shipped it to you at was AT YOUR REQUEST, you made a huge mistake
by NOT checking the purchase date before directing me to ship it back, why do you think I typed in the first line of my email?
Hello

I stated up front I didnt know the purchase date and instructed you to check your records
(you can check your records for exact date)
I also gave you my name and address so you could check your records, you told me to call and get a
return number so I could send the inverter back, I have already paid 250.00 in your mistakes I will not pay any more.

Are you not reading my complete emails?

Please forward these complete emails to the owner of the company I think its time they became involved.
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

It does state in our return policy we are not responsible for the shipping costs. It also states we have a 1 year warranty.
I'm sorry about the mix up, but you will have to pay to have the inverter returned.

I need the contact information for the owner of this company so I can talk to him.
You may just call our main line. The number is 888-417-8673.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:16 pm 

Update.

In their last email to me they said

You may just call our main line. The number is 888-417-8673.

When I asked
Quote:
I need the contact information for the owner of this company so I can talk to him.

So I called them the lady on the phone would NOT give me a name of the owner of the company and would only give me the name of the customer service person, they also told me to email the owner of the company at customerservice@theinverterstore.com I tried to explain to the person on the phone I already tried asking for the owners name and contact info using that email address.

So I sent a email to the RENO Chamber of Commerce asking if they knew who the owner was their reply was.

Quote:
Hello,

The Inverter Store is not a member of the Chamber so we don’t have any information on them.

But here is the phone number to the Reno Business License Department 775-334-2090

Hopefully they can help with the owners name and info.

So I sent a email to the Reno business license dept. and their reply was..

Quote:
Hello,
I do not find anything for the business name and address you have
submitted.

Apparently the inverter store is operating without a business license?

Now what?

Suggestions?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:40 pm 

Do a street view through google map, looks like an old motel complex, small houselike rentals that have been converted to homes or small businesses.

I bet it's a residence with someone selling stuff online only and not open to walk-ins.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:50 pm 

Their playing a shell game here is the last reply after going back and forth about 20 emails they tell me they don't have my inverter.

This is Laura. AIMS has your inverter not us. Call them. Stop emailing us unless you want to provide payment for the shipping fee back to you. I've already responded to the BBB.

I had filed a complaint with the BBB looks like they contacted her already, I will file another claim ASAP,
look at the contact info for AIMS http://www.aimscorp.net/contact.htm
NOW look at the contact info for theinverterstore http://theinverterstore.com/contact.php

Same address, its a shell game for sure.

Will the IRS tell me who owns these company's?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:26 pm 

Ok here we go.. Found some owner info on AIMS that is located at the SAME ADDRESS as the inverter store.

AIMS Power
9736 S. Virginia St. STE A
Reno, NV 89521

The Inverter Store, Inc.
Reno, NV 89521
USA

Look who the director is "LAURA DE JONG" the owner of the inverter store.. AIMS POWER, INC.
https://esos.state.nv.us/SOSServices/An ... %253d%253d

Nice little shell game they are playing, why didnt they tell me a month ago to call AIMS they have my inverter?

Check this out notice the IMPORTS INC on the end of this one.
AIMS POWER IMPORTS, INC.

So we have The Inverter Store
AIMS POWER, INC. and
AIMS POWER IMPORTS, INC.

All at the SAME business address.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:38 pm 

hoser wrote:
Ok here we go.. Found some owner info on AIMS that is located at the SAME ADDRESS as the inverter store.

AIMS Power
Reno, NV 89521

The Inverter Store, Inc.
Reno, NV 89521
USA

Look who the director is "LAURA DE JONG" the owner of the inverter store.. AIMS POWER, INC.

Nice little shell game they are playing, why didnt they tell me a month ago to call AIMS they have my inverter?

Check this out notice the IMPORTS INC on the end of this one.
AIMS POWER IMPORTS, INC.

So we have The Inverter Store
AIMS POWER, INC. and
AIMS POWER IMPORTS, INC.

All at the SAME business address.

I talked to Laura de Jong that one day(when i pretended i was the hosting company listed in the whois)! she said the owner wasn't in! what a LIAR.

i say buy them out hoser... look at their trade values
No Par Share Count: 0 Capital Amount: $ 10.00
Par Share Count: 1,000.00 Par Share Value: $ 0.01

Profile E-mail