Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:27 pm 

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 2759.l1259

Shame on him... I did inform him of the last bore issue, and hope he is man enough to pull it before some newbie gets took to the cleaners

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:50 pm 

I just bought an FL350 and it was making a funny noise at idle, I took it apart and I have checked my cylinder. It is at 81.59 or so. The piston reads 82.00mm. From what I understand, I can buy a sleeve from LA Sleeve and just have the cylinder resleeved correct?

I'm also concerned because I think this is the original Honda motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )). It has the new curved head but I think mine wasn't taken in for the recall. I have heard if they did a recall on it, they stamped an X on the end of the vin number. Mine doesn't have that. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Also, does anyone know what part number it is for the crank rod from Hot Rods that will fit the FL350 crankshaft? Mine needs replacement as well!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:20 pm 

I wish he had better pics of the cylinder looking at the exhaust port it looks modified, cant really tell for sure but the transfer ports also look modified on the bottom view.

Hope he is a stand up guy and change his advertisement to tell others its on the last bore.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:28 pm 

ridethedesert wrote:
I just bought an FL350 and it was making a funny noise at idle, I took it apart and I have checked my cylinder. It is at 81.59 or so. The piston reads 82.00mm. From what I understand, I can buy a sleeve from LA Sleeve and just have the cylinder resleeved correct?

I'm also concerned because I think this is the original Honda motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )). It has the new curved head but I think mine wasn't taken in for the recall. I have heard if they did a recall on it, they stamped an X on the end of the vin number. Mine doesn't have that. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Also, does anyone know what part number it is for the crank rod from Hot Rods that will fit the FL350 crankshaft? Mine needs replacement as well!

Can you post some detail pictures of the parts?

Have you read the service manual it tells you how to inspect and measure the parts.

The only way to know for sure is to measure the bore, what I usually do is hone the cylinder to see if their is any uneven wear on the cylinder if the wear is to great then it will need bored to the next over bore, if not and all its needs is a hone to prep the cylinder for a new piston and rings then the cylinder is measured like shown in the manual to establish if a new piston can be used, if worn too much then your forced to bore or in your case if your on the last bore get another cylinder or have it sleeved.

Check this out viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8594

Speedchaser should have the info on the rod replacement contact him.
Read here viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6929

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:02 pm 

I have bought items from that seller with sub par luck. I wouldn't expect a retraction Hoser.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:26 am 

welcome, and the X will be on the frame, not the Engine...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:56 pm 

Hey Hoser, Thanks for the reply. I'll check with speedchaser and see what he has to say about the crank. Mine has way too much up and down play.

No X on the Vin Number on the frame, so mine has the original motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) with the new style curved head.

The piston says 82.00mm on it, its a wiseco so last bore. My motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) is toast right now. I've found the LA Sleeve that will fit it. Just a pain, I just picked it up and was hoping to not have to rebuild the motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )). At this point I'm just rebuilding/restoring the whole thing. Torn it almost all the way down and going to have it powdercoated. Got my Works Shocks for the rear already! :)

Attachments:
File comment: 81.90 mm, its gone
111.JPG
111.JPG [ 100.08 KiB | Viewed 456 times ]
File comment: Piston Scoring
106.JPG
106.JPG [ 98.95 KiB | Viewed 456 times ]
File comment: Exhaust bridge working its way into the piston i assume
104.JPG
104.JPG [ 90.37 KiB | Viewed 456 times ]
File comment: Day one of the project
003.JPG
003.JPG [ 132.67 KiB | Viewed 455 times ]
File comment: Day Two haha, I want to go ride!
075.JPG
075.JPG [ 2.78 MiB | Viewed 983 times ]
File comment: My Works Shocks, new G-Series. black and bad!
049.JPG
049.JPG [ 121.71 KiB | Viewed 455 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:28 pm 

hell it look great before the teardown??? It will be time well spent when you finally get it done!!!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:07 pm 

ridethedesert wrote:
Hey Hoser, Thanks for the reply. I'll check with speedchaser and see what he has to say about the crank. Mine has way too much up and down play.

No X on the Vin Number on the frame, so mine has the original motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) with the new style curved head.

The piston says 82.00mm on it, its a wiseco so last bore. My motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) is toast right now. I've found the LA Sleeve that will fit it. Just a pain, I just picked it up and was hoping to not have to rebuild the motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )). At this point I'm just rebuilding/restoring the whole thing. Torn it almost all the way down and going to have it powdercoated. Got my Works Shocks for the rear already! :)

Lots of scuffing on that piston, you sending out for a new sleeve?
You ask speedchaser about installing the sleeve, we need to get him into the sleeving business too :-) one stop shopping, sleeve, bore, crank rebuild.

If speedchaser is not interested try this guy http://kustom-kraft.com/ he use to be really good don't know now days never heard anything but good about the guy, he use to race Odysseys back in the old days and built some really fast engines and made a bunch of FL250 big bore kits.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:03 pm 

Got the new sleeve today, LA Sleeve part H896. Got a guy I use for putting sleeves in. He does the install, boring and everything. Yes if speedchaser could do it all, that would be awesome. AND PORTING TOO!

I'm familiar with Kustom Kraft, they're only a 30 minute drive from me. I'll have to ask him how much too.

Thanks for all the info, you guys have been a huge help!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:46 am 

Having an X on the vin will only tell you if it was sold before the recall and repaired after the recall, all 350's made and sold after the recall have regular vin numbers

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:46 am 

Having an X on the vin will only tell you if it was sold before the recall and repaired after the recall, all 350's made and sold after the recall have regular vin numbers

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:49 am 

Ohh, double post

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:14 pm 

Those are the same guys i had to buy a fuel petcock from. They were gonna try and get me for $45 plus shipping. But they accidently listed one in the same condition for $20 plus shipping. They seemed kinda shady to begin with. Alot of their complaints were about how they didn't pack there parts in anything.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:12 pm 

Ya I just ordered the rear belt cover from them because the idiot before me lost it??? ya ok. anyways they can't find the part I bought, it must be misplaced they said. Hah, they are currently looking for another one for me amidst the chaos somewhere.

I went to their place 2 years ago, its called Generation Cycle, to pickup my FL250 floor tub. Their warehouse is the biggest barn I've ever seen with so many bikes it's insane. Of course they lost my part, there are parts everywhere! I mean outside on the ground, on the ceiling, on the floor, everywhere. And I told them I was coming 2 days ahead of time and they still had no idea what I was talking about when I got there. Just too many bikes. I don't know how they got so many.

There must be 5 FL350's sitting outside all torn apart :(

Profile E-mail