Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:36 pm 

Pilot bird wrote:
rarerat wrote:
My outer boots or should I say one outer boot was delivered late friday afternoon. They mistaking sent me an inner & an outer instead of two outers. I contacted them and they are supposed to be sending me another outer, but i just went ahead and serviced the axles with new inner boots and I cleaned up my original outers as they look to be in good condition. I got the ebay clamp tool last night and it works great, so I finished it up today. :-)

I also added some used works shocks that I painted up a bit to make them look a little better, They seem a bit stiff, can I move the pre load ring up a notch and will that soften them or is the spring rate the only way to soften them up?

Nick, won't you have to take the inner boot off to get the outter boot replaced? Just a thought.

I believe the spring will adjust the stance of the pilot. I will say the works shocks I have are stiff when you push down on the front or rear compared to the stock, but they ride much better:)
Did you test them out since she is all back together?

Yes, I would have to remove the inners to swap the outers in the future, but my outers were in really good condition so I think it will be fine for a while.

I did take it for about a 30 minute ride this afternoon, I wanted to make sure my boots were secure and there are issues before I get to Redsands. :-) I hit a series of whoops going a little to fast and it felt the rear really bucked. :shock: The front does seem much better though with the "Rattle can rebuilt" shocks. :-)

I didn't catch it until I had home, but the genius who reassembled the shocks after the paint job had the left side preloaded one notch farther than the right side. I did pull it back off and correct it but I havent riden it to see if there is any difference, but when you just push down the rear of the Pilot it does feel stiffer than it did with the stock shocks.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:41 pm 

rarerat wrote:
Pilot bird wrote:
rarerat wrote:
My outer boots or should I say one outer boot was delivered late friday afternoon. They mistaking sent me an inner & an outer instead of two outers. I contacted them and they are supposed to be sending me another outer, but i just went ahead and serviced the axles with new inner boots and I cleaned up my original outers as they look to be in good condition. I got the ebay clamp tool last night and it works great, so I finished it up today. :-)

I also added some used works shocks that I painted up a bit to make them look a little better, They seem a bit stiff, can I move the pre load ring up a notch and will that soften them or is the spring rate the only way to soften them up?

Nick, won't you have to take the inner boot off to get the outter boot replaced? Just a thought.

I believe the spring will adjust the stance of the pilot. I will say the works shocks I have are stiff when you push down on the front or rear compared to the stock, but they ride much better:)

Yes, I would have to remove the inners to swap the outers in the future, but my outers were in really good condition so I think it will be fine for a while.

I did take it for about a 30 minute ride this afternoon, I wanted to make sure my boots were secure and there are issues before I get to Redsands. :-) I hit a series of whoops going a little to fast and it felt the rear really bucked. :shock: The front does seem much better though with the "Rattle can rebuilt" shocks. :-)

I didn't catch it until I had home, but the genius who reassembled the shocks after the paint job had the left side preloaded one notch farther than the right side. I did pull it back off and correct it but I havent riden it to see if there is any difference, but when you just push down the rear of the Pilot it does feel stiffer than it did with the stock shocks.

If it ain't broke don't fix it, glad you are able to still use your old ones and keep em going.

Cool that the test run was successful and with a few minor tweaks, you will be set to ride! WOOOHOOOO:()

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:00 pm 

Pilot bird wrote:
rarerat wrote:
Pilot bird wrote:
rarerat wrote:

If it ain't broke don't fix it, glad you are able to still use your old ones and keep em going.

Cool that the test run was successful and with a few minor tweaks, you will be set to ride! WOOOHOOOO:()

Oh heck yeah... she is running great, the new trans seams really good and shifts a whole lot better than my original did. Although, I am anxious to pull it apart so I can find out what was causing all the play in the shaft, a bearing or an issue with the case?

Probably going too bump the main jet back up to a 168 and move the needle clip a notch right before I head you way, since you are 1000' or so lower. I am really looking forward to getting down there, now just got to find the time to get away. :-)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:19 pm 

rarerat wrote:
Pilot bird wrote:
rarerat wrote:
Pilot bird wrote:
rarerat wrote:

Oh heck yeah... she is running great, the new trans seams really good and shifts a whole lot better than my original did. Although, I am anxious to pull it apart so I can find out what was causing all the play in the shaft, a bearing or an issue with the case?

Probably going too bump the main jet back up to a 168 and move the needle clip a notch right before I head you way, since you are 1000' or so lower. I am really looking forward to getting down there, now just got to find the time to get away. :-)

Just say the word and I am there! Whatever day you can pull off to come down will work for me:)
We need to drag race and I owe you lunch!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:35 pm 

Pilot bird wrote:
rarerat wrote:
Pilot bird wrote:
rarerat wrote:
Pilot bird wrote:
rarerat wrote:

Just say the word and I am there! Whatever day you can pull off to come down will work for me:)

Sounds good, lets try & shoot for November 8th??

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:40 pm 

rarerat wrote:
Pilot bird wrote:
rarerat wrote:
Pilot bird wrote:
rarerat wrote:
Pilot bird wrote:
rarerat wrote:

Sounds good, lets try & shoot for November 8th??

Yeah that will definitely work:)
Keep me posted and that's what we will push for!

Profile E-mail