Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Recoving a 350 Seat
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:02 pm 

I would like to try and recover both of my 350 seats myself as they are both torn pretty good. What have some of you done on yours? How hard was it? Are you happy with the results?

Thanks in advance,
Nick

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:02 pm 

As far as I know (and I checked) no one has a quick install seat cover that fits the Odyssey. I have taken the seat down to the local upholsterer and he wanted 250 bucks to recover mine. Cheaper just to buy a new seat. If you were to find a seat cover that works well and looks good for the Ody or the Pilot, let us know.....it wold be the find of the century for us Pilot Ody owners!

Rand

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:19 pm 

Randman wrote:
As far as I know (and I checked) no one has a quick install seat cover that fits the Odyssey. I have taken the seat down to the local upholsterer and he wanted 250 bucks to recover mine. Cheaper just to buy a new seat. If you were to find a seat cover that works well and looks good for the Ody or the Pilot, let us know.....it wold be the find of the century for us Pilot Ody owners!

Rand

Someone was building and selling nice seat covers for the 350 years ago I forget who..

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:28 pm 

hoser wrote:
Randman wrote:

Rand

Someone was building and selling nice seat covers for the 350 years ago I forget who..

I believe it was our best friend and life long buddy from Aftersuck Motorspurts! They were probably way overpriced and the quality probably sucked also!

Rand

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:59 pm 

Randman wrote:
hoser wrote:
Randman wrote:

Rand

I believe it was our best friend and life long buddy from Aftersuck Motorspurts! They were probably way overpriced and the quality probably sucked also!

Rand

No it was not him I would have remembered that they were a nice cover and priced right, I think the guy went to a boat place that does canvas work and had them made up? Someone here has to remember lol

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:06 pm 

I thought it was OdyKnuck, but can't find any old posts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:07 pm 

Check atv racing... I found a reciept showing they recovered the pilot seat in my pilot! $90.00 bucks in the mid 90's...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:26 pm 

It was Odyknuck I think, and also was CARL STONE making them too at 1 time?
Randy at odysalvage was selling them last time I looked
COSMICQUADS.COM does great restores on seats for 3 wheelers, you might want to email them.I purchased a cover from Odyknuck back in the day and it was a good product, never had an issue with it, try to PM here.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:47 pm 

Yea I was selling them for about 5 years and the demand dropped so I got out of it. They were $89.98 and were of good quality and fit.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:48 pm 

Odyknuck wrote:
Yea I was selling them for about 5 years and the demand dropped so I got out of it. They were $89.98 and were of good quality and fit.

Maybe enough time has passed their is a demand again?

Have some pics?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:41 pm 

I would say the demand is out there. I wound up buying an aftermarket seat from Randy to replace the wife's trashed seat and a Pilot seat to replace the ripped up one in mine. I did a post back in April of 09 about this same subject and it got just over 300 hits.

How about a poll to see if they would sell? A lot of guys make due because they don't know where or how to get something.

Rand

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:19 pm 

Odyknuck wrote:

I agree totally, the price,fit and quality were top notch, saved many a seat for me.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:50 am 

Unfortunatly I will not be offering them anymore. Sorry Guys.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Recoving a 350 Seat
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:40 pm 

Anyone carry seat covers anymore?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:22 pm 

trailnablaze wrote:
Anyone carry seat covers anymore?

I don't think so.I remember reading a while back someone got theirs done {reupholstered}for 50 bucks locally,so try a local shop and see how much

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:01 pm 

Here is what I ended up doing, They look kind of crappy, but no more wet pants after a wash. Good enough for me. :-)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:46 pm 

Recoving a 350 Seat is still one of my future projects, please tell me how you've achieved this kind of «crappy» one :). And, just to say, once the water gets in the seat's cushion (usually once in a ride... and for the rest of the ride!) you can't get rid of it fast. AS I was thinking about having a smooth and «breathing» material for my seat, instead of a «plastic leather», you gave me a nice idea: what about to drill some holes into the seat plastic to make it breath a bit more easily and get rid of water faster... Hum... I'm thinking about it...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:54 pm 

I went to a fabric store and bought 1 yard of vinyl material for each seat. I used some 3M Spray Adhesive and a staple gun to hold it on.

Just spray the seat face with the adhesive and lay the material over it stretching it to remove the wrinkles & trimming the excess off as you staple it to the back edge.

I hope this helps & good luck...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:19 pm 

rarerat wrote:
I went to a fabric store and bought 1 yard of vinyl material for each seat. I used some 3M Spray Adhesive and a staple gun to hold it on.

Just spray the seat face with the adhesive and lay the material over it stretching it to remove the wrinkles & trimming the excess off as you staple it to the back edge.

I hope this helps & good luck...

Thank you for the reply, that's the way I planned to do it... But now I'm thinking about more comfort, more support on sides, and some more «breathing» capabilities for my old seat. Stay tuned! You just gave me some good ideas! Gotta have a look at some Recaro seats! Tx!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:37 am 

If you just take the seat off the seat frame(couple bolts) the water will come out of those holes. Set the seat on the floor and step on it until no water comes out. If a guy doesn't care about the looks they make this rubber stuff that comes in rolls and sticks like tape. My dad did his big red seat with it when I was a kid and its still as nice as the say he did it. It doesn't look that bad but definately not as pretty as stock.

Profile E-mail