Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:35 pm 

Its really cool to see someone into oddy's and pilot as much as i'm..I'm 13 also and just completed a full pilot resto!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:30 pm 

WoW;) Great build rarerat..... What a lucky girl, to have such a great dad to build her such a sweet machine...
I especially like how you did the prefilter setup.... I am going to do the same setup on my 350... Great Idea...

What did you use for the intake tubes and what size are they?
Also what size of filter and exhaust tubing did you use ?
It is a really nice clean setup and I bet your Engine thanks you for it.... ha

Also after I rebuilt my Engine the compression is at 122... When you seperated the head gasket, did you use the middle gasket
or one of the thin outter layers?

Great step by step write up.... thank you Toby

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:57 pm 

Toby, use one of the thin outer gaskets.

Rand

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:35 pm 

I did the same, and sprayed it with a nice coat of copper sealant, per a little birdie's reocmmendation.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:36 pm 

toby wrote:
WoW;) Great build rarerat..... What a lucky girl, to have such a great dad to build her such a sweet machine...
I especially like how you did the prefilter setup.... I am going to do the same setup on my 350... Great Idea...

What did you use for the intake tubes and what size are they?
Also what size of filter and exhaust tubing did you use ?
It is a really nice clean setup and I bet your Engine thanks you for it.... ha

Also after I rebuilt my Engine the compression is at 122... When you seperated the head gasket, did you use the middle gasket
or one of the thin outter layers?

Great step by step write up.... thank you Toby

Thank you for the kind words Toby.

I used 2" muffler tubing to build the prefilter. You can buy an 18" piece at Autozone for about 5 bucks. It will be expanded on both ends to so it would slip over another 2" piece. I used the expanded ends for the filter sides of the prefilter and the other end to slide the 2" shop vac hose over to connect to the air box. the 2" shop vac hose came from Home depot and was 20.00 for the kit. The K&n filters are part # RU 0620 and I bought the pair on feebay for 64.00 shipped.

On the head gasket Rand is correct, I used one of the thin gaskets and just sprayed Copper Coat on both sides of it.

I hope this helps & good luck..

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:52 pm 

Took the whole family out riding today, while we were out there a guy with a 800 razor stopped by asking about my Pilot. He had heard about Steve winning the race out here last year and was wondering just what they ran like? At the time my wife was riding it & she wasn't about to ride with him so I got in it and we were going to race up a small hill where everyone parks. At the last minute I waved my daughter over in her Ody and told her to line up with us and to just be careful. Well the three of us all blasted off full throttle up the hill and I will give you one guess just who was the first to the top of the hill... yep that's right, My daughter waxed both of our @sses up to the top of the hill. :-) The Razor came in third. lol.. when we stopped all he could say is damn those things are fast and he was at a weight disadvantage. The next thing I know he was no where to be found. lol.. My daughter was flat beaming after that. I really wish we would have filmed but it all happened so fast we never thought to dig out the camera. We continued to ride and had a great time. her Ody ran flawlessly. Before we loaded up to come home she and I drag raced up the hill a few more times and my wife tried to film it. I will say it, This stinking Ody is fast!! :shock:

Attachments:
HPIM4809-1.jpg
HPIM4809-1.jpg [ 215.26 KiB | Viewed 3214 times ]
HPIM4803-1.jpg
HPIM4803-1.jpg [ 195.84 KiB | Viewed 3214 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:44 pm 

Its all about power to weight ratio! A 100 pound kid in an Ody or Pilot will beat us full figured guys every time!

Looks like you had fun. Time to quit playing with the VW and start getting my Odys ready for the season!

Rand

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:43 am 

good stuff! looks like you need to find a bit more power. cant let your daughter have the faster machine!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:25 pm 

Randman wrote:
Its all about power to weight ratio! A 100 pound kid in an Ody or Pilot will beat us full figured guys every time!

Looks like you had fun. Time to quit playing with the VW and start getting my Odys ready for the season!

Rand

lol.. Yeah I know her weight payed a part in it, but it was still neat to see her Ody get there first. ::-:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:27 pm 

nitrosport_5 wrote:
good stuff! looks like you need to find a bit more power. cant let your daughter have the faster machine!

I agree, looks like it's time to install my Speedchaser Cool head I've been saving. :-)

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 9:20 pm 

Turbotexas was kind enough to sell me his old suspension seat from his EEE and hand deliver it to me when he came to the race here a few weeks back. I finally got ambitious and made some mounts so I could get it installed in my daughters Ody. I'm not really sure I like the look of it myself, but my daughter sure does so I guess that's all the matters. :-)

Here are some before & after pics, the crappy thing is I could no longer use the nice set of Pilot belts had in it, so I tossed these into it. They didn't have the right kind of upper mount so I had too whip up this goofy mounting bracket to install them.

Attachments:
100_0187.JPG
100_0187.JPG [ 61.61 KiB | Viewed 3125 times ]
100_0188.JPG
100_0188.JPG [ 56.97 KiB | Viewed 3125 times ]
100_0189.JPG
100_0189.JPG [ 56.7 KiB | Viewed 3125 times ]
100_0190.JPG
100_0190.JPG [ 54.7 KiB | Viewed 3125 times ]
100_0191.JPG
100_0191.JPG [ 50.13 KiB | Viewed 3125 times ]
100_0192.JPG
100_0192.JPG [ 46.04 KiB | Viewed 3125 times ]

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 10:04 pm 

My wife has the same seat in hers. It's comfortable but it makes you sit up too high.

I like my Pilot seat a bit better!

Rand

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 10:18 pm 

Randman wrote:
My wife has the same seat in hers. It's comfortable but it makes you sit up too high.

I like my Pilot seat a bit better!

Rand

Same here, it is hard to beat a stock Pilot seat in these things, Honda sure got it right in 89 & 90. :-)

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 10:51 pm 

rarerat wrote:
Took the whole family out riding today, while we were out there a guy with a 800 razor stopped by asking about my Pilot. He had heard about Steve winning the race out here last year and was wondering just what they ran like? At the time my wife was riding it & she wasn't about to ride with him so I got in it and we were going to race up a small hill where everyone parks. At the last minute I waved my daughter over in her Ody and told her to line up with us and to just be careful. Well the three of us all blasted off full throttle up the hill and I will give you one guess just who was the first to the top of the hill... yep that's right, My daughter waxed both of our @sses up to the top of the hill. :-) The Razor came in third. lol.. when we stopped all he could say is damn those things are fast and he was at a weight disadvantage. The next thing I know he was no where to be found. lol.. My daughter was flat beaming after that. I really wish we would have filmed but it all happened so fast we never thought to dig out the camera. We continued to ride and had a great time. her Ody ran flawlessly. Before we loaded up to come home she and I drag raced up the hill a few more times and my wife tried to film it. I will say it, This stinking Ody is fast!! :shock:

Is that a yerfdog 150 I spot there? That was my first buggy and got me started in the need for speed :-)

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 11:05 pm 

redskinman wrote:
rarerat wrote:

Is that a yerfdog 150 I spot there? That was my first buggy and got me started in the need for speed :-)

Yes sir that little buggy is what started my addiction as well. lol.. We bought it used for my daughter for Christmas in 2009 and after riding with her a few times I bought my first 350 in March 2010. :-)
since building my oldest her 350 Ody, my 7 year old has taken over the yerf.

Attachments:
HPIM4801.JPG
HPIM4801.JPG [ 66.83 KiB | Viewed 3115 times ]

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 11:39 pm 

There used to be a cool forum a lot like this one called yerfer.net that helped me a lot.The owner shut it down,got a divorce and sold his buggy.I enjoyed my yerf for the time I had it

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 7:46 am 

Ha Ha,your daughter set you up Mate!
She set up a big trap.......RatTrap.......Bingo!!!!! :-) Image

Is'nt it great to spend time with the bratts,drag racing eachother etc?
I've done it with all my brats,from the FL250's,350's,Pilots,Drakart...nothing better than out there in the sunshine,trash talik'n,and poker facin' each other.Priceless.
Great rockin' chair memories.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 10:52 am 

redskinman wrote:
There used to be a cool forum a lot like this one called yerfer.net that helped me a lot.The owner shut it down,got a divorce and sold his buggy.I enjoyed my yerf for the time I had it

Very cool, you really had yours decked out.

Her's was stock when we got it and I just upgraded it as she broke it. :-)

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 10:55 am 

bugeye59 wrote:
Ha Ha,your daughter set you up Mate!
She set up a big trap.......RatTrap.......Bingo!!!!! :-) Image

Is'nt it great to spend time with the bratts,drag racing eachother etc?
I've done it with all my brats,from the FL250's,350's,Pilots,Drakart...nothing better than out there in the sunshine,trash talik'n,and poker facin' each other.Priceless.
Great rockin' chair memories.

LOL... Yes sir Baz , she snookered us good that day. I think the guy on the RZR was shocked he got beat by a 13 year old girl. :-) :-)

I agree, it is a lot of fun riding with the family, everyone always has a good time and it is nice to have the whole family involved.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 12:05 pm 

A family that plays together stays together.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:26 pm 

Added a powerbloc clutch & Works shocks up front, both seem to be nice improvement.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:46 pm 

rarerat wrote:
Added a powerbloc clutch & Works shocks up front, both seem to be nice improvement.

Very nice!
She seems to have a natural feel of driving and instinct of what the machine will do....Cant teach that.... great ride area
Regards

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:26 pm 

Thank you for the kind words