Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:22 am 

There is a thread on here documenting some Revolt infancy failures and the mods that were permormed to repair them. From what I remember, after the "new and improved" parts were installed and a few mods were done, they were a solid buggy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:11 pm 

Well drakmean I first closed note book and cleared my head of the pilot. It took three margurites and an hour of speed. I was thinking on how to solve or for better words deduct the relation between entry and exit effected by toe. I ran several therory thu head and came up with this.

First: I wll assume that the person that degigned them new what there where doing ( yes to that, nice cars)and ask my self where and under what conditins they tested and set up. I will assume due to there lenght and width there high speed open desert cars designed to run more open spaces. I took this from you discussion on glamis, woops spacing and sand hwy running speed ect.. Next is the amount of sag High sag/high gc = desert set up.

Second: The drake models tend to use the same toe and camber set ups. Lets blow past rake and caster thu transion and consatrate on camber and toe. Lets assume that the drake camber and toe does not change thu droop and extend with wheels straight and it does when in full lock ( sharp turn) what changes. The angle in realtion to the rear hub which is effect by lenght. Maybe why fl670 is set diff from tiger. How to test. #1 remove shock and move suspion fronm droop to extend watching toe and camber movment. If changes then bolt up shock and at ride height turn wheel to full lock and draw a stright line looking thu front tire and see were it is in relation to the center of the rear hub. See if it is in bound or out bound.

Third: Now having info on angle to hub and nowing that toe effects this angle changing the width of the angle foot print. Does wider and longer turns or shorter and narrower turn quicker? I would refer to this as boxing. Not a front end guy or steering engineer.

Conclusion: A toe /camber setting will efect the speed to which a car enters and exit leaving out ever thing else. Entry speed: This is do to if it does not turn in you must scrub speed ( force in motion)before entry or it will push. Exit speed:this is due to a change in force, what is set in motion tend to stay in motin and requires greater force to change slowing exit speed. I have to stress that caster/shock with the toe and camber setting must be made to be effective.

Side note: don't change tire size and rim offset with out change in steering. It will not react the same.

This open to discussion with your thought because Iam no expert and may be wrong.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:57 pm 

My head is spinning, I must just be getting to old to absorb all of this.

I can tell you it seems to come out of a turn quicker and easier than it goes into one, then again, it depends on speed and how much power is applied. Added power seems to make turning easier.

I think next time we are together I'll just have you look and see what you think. Again, nothing wrong, just wondering if it could be better.

Did you take the new setup to LS for a test yet?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:40 pm 

Drakman wrote:
My head is spinning, I must just be getting to old to absorb all of this.

I can tell you it seems to come out of a turn quicker and easier than it goes into one, then again, it depends on speed and how much power is applied. Added power seems to make turning easier.

I think next time we are together I'll just have you look and see what you think. Again, nothing wrong, just wondering if it could be better.

Did you take the new setup to LS for a test yet?

Weights are shifting....

As you enter a corner you usually have a weight shift, as you leave a corner you usually have a weight shift, power on, power off as well as braking will shift weight, weight shifting plays a huge part in the way it will corner in and out.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:12 pm 

"H" do think cornor weight unspung plays into this as well. Drakman has me wondering my self. "H: would share some more thought on this please.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:13 pm 

Refering to rear cornor weight and the effect of primary spring.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:14 pm 

Drakman try margarites and the speed chanle it works for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:43 pm 

adnoh wrote:
Drakman try margarites and the speed chanle it works for me.

Speed channel is good, but I prefer Bourbon and water.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:26 pm 

Did some new shock bolt up on front and check for binding and get wheel measurments. Some pics to share.

Attachments:
top out view.jpg
top out view.jpg [ 82.72 KiB | Viewed 6898 times ]
Full top out measurment.jpg
Full top out measurment.jpg [ 74.19 KiB | Viewed 6898 times ]
New shock toped out.jpg
New shock toped out.jpg [ 84.02 KiB | Viewed 6898 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:31 pm 

some more.

Attachments:
New shock full compressed .jpg