Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: pre ride for LS
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:07 pm 

Got back from lake to do a little pre ride work. Chasing draks sure is hard on parts. Had to fix muffle replace intake boot,align front end and the basice stuff. comp 175 cold, ring check 180, hot 171. brake adjustment, clean filters, replace plug. cap spun loose on tip. belt check and replacment. clutch checks and shock checks, bearing checks. rolling resistance check, balada,balda,balda.

Attachments:
Muffler damage.jpg
Muffler damage.jpg [ 66.62 KiB | Viewed 1344 times ]
Muffler repaired.jpg
Muffler repaired.jpg [ 49.39 KiB | Viewed 1344 times ]
Intake boot craked.jpg
Intake boot craked.jpg [ 67.4 KiB | Viewed 1344 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:15 pm 

few more pics.

Attachments:
Muffler repair tools.jpg
Muffler repair tools.jpg [ 73.46 KiB | Viewed 1341 times ]
Expand new boots.jpg
Expand new boots.jpg [ 72.88 KiB | Viewed 1341 times ]
File comment: einy meany miny moe.
Race,Dune,Woods.jpg
Race,Dune,Woods.jpg [ 61.64 KiB | Viewed 1341 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:19 pm 

more

Attachments:
New boot on carb.jpg
New boot on carb.jpg [ 70.62 KiB | Viewed 1340 times ]
File comment: theres another $70.00
New belt Measurment.jpg
New belt Measurment.jpg [ 72.22 KiB | Viewed 1340 times ]
old belt 1.5 HR.jpg
old belt 1.5 HR.jpg [ 64.42 KiB | Viewed 1340 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:34 pm 

That reminds me, I should probably buy some gas before I try and ride for five days.

I do have a fresh oil change, does that count as maint?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:36 pm 

last one

Attachments:
Old blt measurement.jpg
Old blt measurement.jpg [ 61.94 KiB | Viewed 1333 times ]

Post subject: Re: pre ride for LS
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:38 pm 

adnoh wrote:
Got back from lake to do a little pre ride work. Chasing draks sure is hard on parts. Had to fix muffle replace intake boot,align front end and the basice stuff. comp 175 cold, ring check 180, hot 171. brake adjustment, clean filters, replace plug. cap spun loose on tip. belt check and replacment. clutch checks and shock checks, bearing checks. rolling resistance check, balada,balda,balda.

I always use red locktite and pliers to keep the tip of the spark plug from coming loose.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:39 pm 

Thanks for the reminder I forgot to check the balancer level, Thanks. Ya, oil change counts. Be sure to check air pressures. A blow out would ugly up the truck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:43 pm 

adnoh wrote:
Thanks for the reminder I forgot to check the balancer level, Thanks. Ya, oil change counts. Be sure to check air pressures. A blow out would ugly up the truck.

Truck has new oil also, takes 15 quarts, all tires are checked at 65 PSI cold.

BTW, the Tiger has a couple of new tweaks....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:48 pm 

The tip on tip should make "H"'s top tip list. Great tip. I like tweeks cant wait to see in action.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:24 pm 

Drakman's Tiger tweaks will be interesting. A little of this, that and some sugar to boot...I think he has a nice combination of mods done that should do well together. If they do, I'm gonna do the same to mine :-)

Adnoh - You broke "Adnoh Rule #1": All pictures of tools, parts, etc...prior to work commencing must be pictured with a cold beverage clearly in sight. If all else fails, make sure to photo-shop one in so we don't think you're losing your edge.

Hope to see you this week!!

Ted

Draktwin

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:43 am 

tedpilot wrote:
Drakman's Tiger tweaks will be interesting. A little of this, that and some sugar to boot...I think he has a nice combination of mods done that should do well together. If they do, I'm gonna do the same to mine :-)

Adnoh - You broke "Adnoh Rule #1": All pictures of tools, parts, etc...prior to work commencing must be pictured with a cold beverage clearly in sight. If all else fails, make sure to photo-shop one in so we don't think you're losing your edge.

Hope to see you this week!!

Ted

Draktwin

I noticed that too... no red and white??? he must be slipping with anticipation/age???
I am hoping to make this trip, but that will depend on UPS and parts...
Have fun!!!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:27 pm 

Sorry for the rule viloation. I had just got back from lake which all red and white was consumed. I know that's no excusse. I should have got the tequilla out. I usally save it for post ride and post work before hot tube. I will consider my self sensored and will recieves three sand sandwiches as punishment if Drakmann will allow me to get close enough. If not Tedpilot batter up. Turbo, what parts? Turbo for the PPE that would be cool. I you tubed one on a pilot a little lag but WOW. I also viewed "H" fl670 and Nukem race an up hill. I wonder if it was the 440, 670and 420. Man I just want to ride. I will do better next time I promisse. Hope to see ya there Turbo stixs would really enjoy looking over your odysse.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:35 pm 

adnoh wrote:
Sorry for the rule viloation. I had just got back from lake which all red and white was consumed. I know that's no excusse. I should have got the tequilla out. I usally save it for post ride and post work before hot tube. I will consider my self sensored and will recieves three sand sandwiches as punishment if Drakmann will allow me to get close enough. If not Tedpilot batter up. Turbo, what parts? Turbo for the PPE that would be cool. I you tubed one on a pilot a little lag but WOW. I also viewed "H" fl670 and Nukem race an up hill. I wonder if it was the 440, 670and 420. Man I just want to ride. I will do better next time I promisse. Hope to see ya there Turbo stixs would really enjoy looking over your odysse.

poofkaboom'ed the PPE I am real disappointed! I was looking forward to a 6 weeks tour to end there after riding at Buttercup, then the Arizona desert and then Glamis. was really looking forward to seeing the gang again!!!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:04 pm 

just read post bummer. Skill billy I like that one. Can I use it. Skill billy and back yard hacker go together. Got any more. I,am up and over a grand good luck. Looks like your exhaust flang and port exit could be worked over a little. Might want Cw and other 350 guys to look it over. I'll catch ya on the flip side. Keep the pics coming every one likes pics. Don't let "H" see that reed spacer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:22 pm 

Good to hear you "Got-R-Done". If you cant catch the Tigers, I will be more than happy to "sand"witch you with my new Zippers, what better way to put them to the test, of course I will have to catch U. I modded both Odys with an oil vent tube so I can now fill the balancer oil to the origional Honda specs, checked other oil levels, brake checks and adjustment, new flags with strobes in case anyone wants to nightride. Just need to pick up some HP2 and Silver Bullets and me an the Odys and will be ready. Good eye Ted, must'nt let Adnoh forget about the most important tool in the box. Also don't forget to bring Ur cameras and make sure Ur all gussied up for the pic taking.

Profile E-mail