Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:36 pm 

Wife had friend over, so I tookit as my chase to run to garage to horse around. While moling over the parts shelf I started cleaning and found a bunch of front end parts. This is what happened.

Attachments:
File comment: a set of front arms
Arms.jpg
Arms.jpg [ 72.05 KiB | Viewed 1837 times ]
File comment: spindles ,hubs rotors,pads, ect.
spindels,hubs, ect..jpg
spindels,hubs, ect..jpg [ 72.42 KiB | Viewed 1837 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:43 pm 

oh oh what have you got planned??? Looks interesting... all those honda parts???

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:43 pm 

2.5 hr later and a little musle bend here and bend there. A Hack here A hack there. I quess I like to hack. I quess it time to get out the gauges and start measuring. Then make tie rod and check bump steer. Who knows they might just work or fold up on me.

Attachments:
File comment: I can't believe they fit
Arms with shock.jpg
Arms with shock.jpg [ 82.31 KiB | Viewed 1832 times ]
arms bottomed out.jpg
arms bottomed out.jpg [ 65.02 KiB | Viewed 1832 times ]
arms toped out.jpg
arms toped out.jpg [ 64.91 KiB | Viewed 1832 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:48 pm 

Looks like your arms are on wrong? shouldn't the front of the arms be the straight side? Just wondering

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:52 pm 

It looks in the picture your shock is binding backwards if you swaped the arms side to side then it might look right. Are the new arms suppose to be forward more then stock?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:53 pm 

as Klinger used to say varrry interesting vary interesting in deed...
A pile of oem parts and a wave of the wand and 13" of travel???
Looks like a road rip to wichita is in order for some top secret spying???

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:55 pm 

If these are for another bike great job on getting them to fit. Looks cool. I had to do some hacking when I used yfz 450 front shocks on my LT front suspension on my pilot when I bought some used atv racing LT arms

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:56 pm 

Few more pics. I wonder how a set of "HACKER" stickers on the arms would look. I could call them "DCP Arms". Any ideas.

Attachments:
fitting spindles.jpg
fitting spindles.jpg [ 67.72 KiB | Viewed 1822 times ]
eyeballing in the angles.jpg
eyeballing in the angles.jpg [ 64.12 KiB | Viewed 1822 times ]
end shot.jpg
end shot.jpg [ 68.61 KiB | Viewed 1822 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:05 pm 

Yes all Honda except arms. The arms would line up with bent face rear. rough tape measurement plus 2 forward. Plus 4 out. Hard to belive shocks are no binding. Maybe when it get hook to frame jig I can measure it up and get accurate measurments to post. Just found it funning they fit. How aboout a pic of your 450 shocks set up on atv long travle. Maybe I could use to refin the Hack job. Who knows keep digging I might find a rear set up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:07 pm 

OOPS arms will not line up with bend facing backward

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:10 pm 

Once I get a new camera I'll post up pictures of my mods and the tracks out here in socal. that's awsome that the arms fit. Keep the inovations comming

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:11 pm 

So what are the arms for? Who made them?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:12 pm 

Ok I get it ,take the whole set and put on other side? I'am a back ward kinda guy. For those who know me there on right or left, I get so confused. Time for a cold one or two.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:22 pm 

I'll afto dig up papper work. Ok just kidding. I know what there off of. I hate to say untill I make sure there work. I would feel bad if people went out and bought them and they don't work. If they do, I will share. Or if you say I would hold you responsible, because there is hacking and bending involved. I will say there is a lot of options for this arm that will fit many applications. Like wide set up. high ground clearence and long travle as well as sway bar setups. you can also use three different types with the same shock. just change seting on shock. Applications would be woods, race,dune,desert.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:02 am 

Im reading with wide eyes... haha Great find man! They arent 450r arms are they?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:58 am 

Forget about the arms, where did you get those cool gloves? :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:06 am 

Also, who made the spindles-are they Lonestar products for a trx by chance?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:37 pm 

Hmmm. Cant wait to test the new arm configuration for ya. I installed my front works shocks so you will have to return the favor. Come on fall! You been to the lake lately? Ive been a few time to Eufala. Played behind the boat on the pull toys and did some night fishin, pulled in about 30 hybrid striper, catch and release then go to Catfish Cabin Buffet on the way home, heh heh.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:00 pm 

Sounds fare, I would like nothing more than see the DCP end over end with stixs behind the wheel. Wait untill you see what I got in mind for the rear. Yes I payed very close atention while following the tigers and a quick glance of fl670 as well as spc ed lt pilot. I gathered a lot of data and now time to work on rear. New shocked for the OKC #2. time to dial them in. Got bead locks yet. Rember beed locks add to rotating mass.

I will post info with complete parts list and skillbilly way to make them fit as I log data. Remember it's just horseing around. I was jellous when turbo got lt front end and thought Iwould bolt one up my self. Once I get data I will do lever ratios and order shocks if the #'s work. Lot to choose from any recomeandations. one thing for sure they will have multi rate with comp and reboud adjustments. My first thought will be triple rate no preload low and high spoeed compression.

Yes Tobey ( wife)and I have spent some time at the lake, even had some friends done for jet ski and barbaque fun. Finally got new motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) ( boat) broke in and up to speed. Lake was up had to watch out for debris. I did end up in the trees tho. Had to be there to understand. No "H" no pics, sorry! any way, yes ready for fall. got any pics of the new front set up. Got scales. I would be honored to try out new shocks. any other goddies to report.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:01 pm 

Almost forgot while in AR at lake picked up new gloves at tool store. I was running low.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:17 pm 

No need to be jeoulous of turbo???
I am watching with both eyes!!! I need a readily available a-arm replacement... I don't think chucklenuts at aftershot motorspurts likes me anymore??? I want to try to duplicate what you did...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:27 am 

adnoh wrote:
Sounds fare, I would like nothing more than see the DCP end over end with stixs behind the wheel. Wait untill you see what I got in mind for the rear. Yes I payed very close atention while following the tigers and a quick glance of fl670 as well as spc ed lt pilot. I gathered a lot of data and now time to work on rear. New shocked for the OKC #2. time to dial them in. Got bead locks yet. Rember beed locks add to rotating mass.

I will post info with complete parts list and skillbilly way to make them fit as I log data. Remember it's just horseing around. I was jellous when turbo got lt front end and thought Iwould bolt one up my self. Once I get data I will do lever ratios and order shocks if the #'s work. Lot to choose from any recomeandations. one thing for sure they will have multi rate with comp and reboud adjustments. My first thought will be triple rate no preload low and high spoeed compression.

Yes Tobey ( wife)and I have spent some time at the lake, even had some friends done for jet ski and barbaque fun. Finally got new motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) ( boat) broke in and up to speed. Lake was up had to watch out for debris. I did end up in the trees tho. Had to be there to understand. No "H" no pics, sorry! any way, yes ready for fall. got any pics of the new front set up. Got scales. I would be honored to try out new shocks. any other goddies to report.

Endo in Ur Pilot? last time I end over end was in a 72 Nova back in 84, I wont be doing that again. Your not having a very good year for poof kaboom on motors. New boat motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? ))? That sucks or is it a good thing. I always think its a bad thing until it happens to me, then it gives me a reason to add HP. What motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) is it, Chevy,Ford, Volvo... outdrive,Merc, OMC, Volvo?, twin 454's???,or outboard? Im running Chevy's Vortec V6,2bbl, OMC Cobra outdrive,about 165 HP, great "nautical" mileage for a boat.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:17 am 

Ok turbo not jelious. Just thought I wanted one when when I seen yours. Long wheel travle just looks mean. That means that I can hit it a little harder or build more powerful motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )). I was under the impression that the lt kit you have is based off of the pilot front end, if so would the yoda front end fit. Mabey even convert it to pilot hubs. The one thing for sure would be to do a little hacking on the bump steer kit. I even had a thought on sterring set up that would help. Next time to OKC I will measeure up stixs front end ( if he will let me touch it ) to see if Idea is viable. The other thought would be to enhace the rear. Thoughts on rear would be change to CV and widen to match front as well increase travle using all honda off the shelf parts. One nice thing about building relationship with honda shop is they let you look and measure up with out static, it usally requires some explaining. I will be looking for a odysse frame if it measures up ok or close I'll hack and skillbilly the rest.

Stix has a boat? Now whose the toy man. His name is Ike. " I want to be like Ike". This should he a mans or womens credo. Nice boat sound like a tube master. Got sound like the wake boarders. What's her name " Water Oddy". No no poof boom. I jipped work for a day last year, the misses and I went to baot show and a movie. I like checking out the new stuff while I was getting coffe and looking over new ski she had whipped out check book and started writting. Guess I had to go back to work. She bought a new pontoon boat for the lake in AR. The old one had some time on it and was time to up grade. The old motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) used premium and was carbed. She opted for fuel injection and 87 octane. This allowed long run time with less emmisions( direct inject two stroke). I really think she just wanted new boat.
Any how, the motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) has a built in program that I could not change with out tools which mercury will not sell to me with out dealer ship. Yes been looking. It retard timming and controls thrtttle position untill a set time has run. It measures throttle postion and time as well as time spent at given throttle. I f you do not follow break in procedure it does it for you. and reminds ya with a very ingorning beep. After a lot of fuel ran at varriny throttle it finall advanced letting us rev it up and run down the lake with out being passed by the 14' fisher with the 10 hp on it. Tobey expressived some very negitave feed back on new motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )). Just glad I didnt buy it. She does not like her toys not to run and guess who heres it. The lower CR on the motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) allows us to run 87 pump. It save us around 30% on fuel over the hacker modified carb modle. The down side the old motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) had more power. She pulles three three person tube yes nine to ten peaple in the water at once. We get a few looks at the ramp when we take off. Twin 454's doing a little day dreaming there stixs. How about twin create 502's on a pontoon. Got Lake!Just 110 hp outboard on a 24'er. It run 28 mph. pleaty fast for pontoon. Tried to talke her into 225. Must be a guy thing. Rember to keep glass half full or what I like, keep it full so it never ends.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:43 pm 

Its a 90 model but looks good and floats what more could you ask? Named her Soak Razy, silly huh but Zac liked name at the time, would like to change it but ya know its bad luck to change your boats name, old sailers tale I guess. 21' bow rider, CD player, no XM or those roll bars for boats with the boom boom and board racks mounted. Just a cruiser @ 45mph.
Did you have a preferred break-in method you wanted to perform on the pontoon so that's why you wanted to bypass the annoying beep beep? 9 people on pull toys, coool? Got Pics? like to see that. I cant get 5 people to agree on a weekend for goin to the lake.
Would like to see your backyard hacker steering bump kit and you can measure you a arm set up, let me know when you will be in town.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:52 pm 

I'am not a big fan of break in on a water cooled motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )). Run it thru some heat cycles requick #s and see what happens. When She first started it and started down the lake the motror sounded like _______ I just thought I could do a little hacking and expidtie thing. Waiting hours to have fun is no fun. like to been there for the naming . Sounds like a good story for the camp fire after an all day on lake.