Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: FL800's Engine CSI.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:33 pm 

http://www.shortblocks-r-us.com/product.sc?productId=27

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:19 pm 

Thanks guys for help.
Just managed to get thru to him now,long time on phone but covered a lot of ground.
Over 2-3 days of trying,up to 1am my time...need sleep!We have 16hrs diff.He said his ph is always ringing.
Asked him for his cell # too,does'nt have one like me.We must be the only 2 Flinstones left? :-)
His name is Kim,very helpful and did'nt rush me off like the typical business owners do.

Hoser yes Ive seen that Cali site a few days ago,looks good also,but his core charge is $1,200 :shock: $400 more than Kim's.
I have to see about weighing my Engine for postage costs as core return,IF the co$t is not too dear to make it viable alternative.

I have just spat my thumb outa my mouth! :-)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:29 pm 

hoser wrote:
http://www.shortblocks-r-us.com/product.sc?productId=27" ."..

Says US only though.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:49 pm 

I can only find this for FREE shipping:
copy:
Note; Free Shipping Deal is for Lower 48 states USA customers only

Can't find where they say NO outside USA customers?
Can't ring them either,mail is FULL! Argghh!!!! Back goes the thumb! :shock:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:51 pm 

bugeye59 wrote:
I can only find this for FREE shipping:
copy:
Note; Free Shipping Deal is for Lower 48 states USA customers only

Can't find where they say NO outside USA customers?
Can't ring them either,mail is FULL! Argghh!!!! Back goes the thumb! :shock:

Maybe that's what he means?? I might have understood it wrong. Wouldn't be the first time. :shock:

Attachments:
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 39.52 KiB | Viewed 1148 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:09 pm 

Yeah Dave I can see your point too.
Pitty people don't use things like commas,full stops etc like I was TORT at school. :-)
It's definately up for double interpretation.Full stop.....

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:05 am 

Dave just an update on the US shipping only thing.................................................................I WAS RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Did the Bazcall thingy,Image They have shipped to over 25 countries,and I'm gonna be one of the counts! :shock: :-) There's 2 bros run the shop,what makes their HD PTO bearing upgrade different,is that they add on an outer case alu billet to their outer bearing,which reduces the cantilever forces created by the clutches demand on the crank PTO end.
Also a grease zerk fitting adjacent to the OEM brass nipple oil setup.
The other method is to just remove the OEM spacer inbetween the double narrow bearings in there,so as a wider bearing fits in,but this does'nt help out with reducing the cantilever length.
So IN YOUR FACE DAVE!NO butts about it!ImageImage

Attachments:
1233883676327598331115.jpg
1233883676327598331115.jpg [ 51.96 KiB | Viewed 1119 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:22 am 

Glad to hear it! No hurry up! We want more race video.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:59 am 

Next hurdle is the $1,200 core charge! :shock:
He's gonna get back to me about that,seeing where I am am situated hangin' off the bottom of the planet,try and get me a better deal on that charge.
It also helps when you mention that the competition only charges $800,$400 diff.
I'm still to box up and weigh mine for postage co$t$ to Cali,see if it's viable.
But I def like the outer billet bearing support,especially in my racing here downunder,very,hot,dusty etc
Demanding long,natural terrain 2 day enduros etc
That PTO crank end needs the most help poss,IMO.Also gonna get the pins welded too.
2 weekly post times is the killer,just means more lost time,and when ya over 54,every second becomes more valuable.
Can't see another race vid for ya Dave for about at least another month Mate!
WTF am I gonna do now while waiting for all this?............Hmm maybe catch up with house jobs huh?Image

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:11 am 

bugeye59 wrote:
Next hurdle is the $1,200 core charge! :shock:
He's gonna get back to me about that,seeing where I am am situated hangin' off the bottom of the planet,try and get me a better deal on that charge.
It also helps when you mention that the competition only charges $800,$400 diff.
I'm still to box up and weigh mine for postage co$t$ to Cali,see if it's viable.
But I def like the outer billet bearing support,especially in my racing here downunder,very,hot,dusty etc
Demanding long,natural terrain 2 day enduros etc
That PTO crank end needs the most help poss,IMO.Also gonna get the pins welded too.
2 weekly post times is the killer,just means more lost time,and when ya over 54,every second becomes more valuable.
Can't see another race vid for ya Dave for about at least another month Mate!
WTF am I gonna do now while waiting for all this?............Hmm maybe catch up with house jobs huh?Image

That's a lot of lawns mr. Baz!!!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:32 am 

Quote:
and when ya over 54,every second becomes more valuable.

Know that feeling...

While your waiting on the replacement Engine maybe consider a outer support bearing?

Cant find a picture but HRD use to sell them basically its another bearing that you attach to the outer most part of your drive clutch that bearing is supported by a bar that connects to another bearing on your driven clutch.

How it works the bar and the two bearing prevent the Engine and trans from pulling together as the belt cycles in the clutches, it removes that leverage disadvantage that exist without the support, adds extra support for modified applications.

Is your Engine and trans hooked together like on a Pilot so they cant flex separate?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:16 am 

Yes I remember seeing many of those pics,unifying bar to both clutch axles/shafts.
Always reminded me of the ol drive cranking wheels on a Loco train.

Ak has also fab'd up some funky head mounts,that are rubber :shock: mated to the seat belt cross bar.
Take a look,what bug's crack was he on that day? Awesome work,very talent bloke our lil' Image

He also fab'd up a torque snubber off the trans,that pushes off the Engine's rear case.
Sat 12;15 now,summer's over, into autumn/fall now and still gonna get 37C-100F today.

Attachments:
DSC01198.JPG
DSC01198.JPG [ 46.11 KiB | Viewed 1094 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:20 am 

Dave,I have more than 1 mower...how long till ya get ya fat arse over here and lend a bro a hand? :-)

Couple more pics of the torque snubber,did the same on the Drakart,no more busted belts.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:05 am 

Well,here's what I was doing yesterday Sat arvo,piss fartin' around with the new Thunder Products,Heavy Hitter kit Ak advised, got for me.
Read the instructions,says not to use general hardware from a store for weights,but only their's cause it's purpose made and accurate.
Well,makes sense to me...right?
I worked out the extra weight needed(Cause Ak told me :-) )selected all their necessary hardware according to their weights listed for each item/weight,but could never get a matching 3 sets weight.
Then I decided to weigh each arm,and each bolt,washer,screw(can ya really weigh a screw? :shock: ) individually,and was surprised with the diffs in all.
2 arms the same,1 .1g lighter,and many diffs with the rest of hardware.So what happens is it's a crap shoot if you don't get them all averaged out.
I grouped each weight,ie bolts 3 sizes steel,alu,washers,thick and thin,and grub screws.
There I saw the problem,for example,if you happen to load most of the slightly lighter weights in the slightly lighter arm,then as a comboned weight it will be much lighter than the other 2.
So had to mix and match some of the light weights with heavier ones and select the appriate arm etc.
Took me !@#$% ages...actually ate into my beer o'clock session! :shock:
So remember the good ol' phrase...NEVER !@#$ ASSUME!
I also weighed the OEM Polaris arms,even bigger weight diff.
Of course these weight diffs play havoc with balance and cranky crank.
So I remebered an ol mate John who's worked at a certain eng Co for last 24 yrs,he said he should be able to get it balanced for me at his work,maybe Tuesday will know.
Their cost$ here for balancing are UNBUGGYLIEVABLE,mandrel has to be made $100's,then balancing $100's,could end up anything to $500-$800 :shock:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:08 am 

More pics.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:10 am 

2 more,then later some clutch wear vid,bushes/shaft etc,not good.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:12 am 

How much is the heavy hitter kit?

Does the instructions tell you where and when to add the weight to what?

Locals here been making their own kits like that for years, Polaris sells dozens different weights and arms no doubt other mfgs do too, the "kit" would make it handy to have all the parts already complied.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:57 am 

From memory(what's that again?) about $300 for kit.
Yes on the instructions for placement etc.
Don't get me wrong,the kit is a great idea,tuning aid,BUT I'm really dissapointed on the accuracy of their claimed weights,arms,and diffs to the OEM Polaris dimensions.
For eg,this arvo,I installed the 3 arms with weights,only to find the weight bolt closest to the pivot pin,actually hits on the clutch at idle posi, alu web/profile.
So then filed that area down,reinstalled,then measured the sheave to sheave gap where the belt rides at idle,and a full 1mm difference narrower.
Also measured with verniers how much fixed sheave shaft protruding above the 6 bolt cover plate,also 1mm difference.

Ready for another problem?
When it came time to snug up the new weight arm nut to the pivot bolt,it stripped!
Now I only snugged it,done em before.Checked to see why,and found out that they DON'T thread right down to the larger bolt shoulder.
So that means only half if ya lucky of the nylock-nut rear-threads actually are engaging with the bolt threads.
So had to add 2 washers to each arm bolt to space back the nut to catch more threads!
I'll add some pics soon.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:15 am 

Oh my goodness Baz, I feel for you man.
Anything I can do for you just give a holler buddy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:33 am 

G'Day Steve,my favourite Albuquerque'n! :-)
I don't want much Mate...but if ya have the next winning Looto #'s? :-) Image
That way I'l, have enough to Image over for a visit.

Whoser,I'll post pics tomorrow of the instructions pages,some good info there for the CVT blokes to chew on.
I'll also keep a record of what rev diffs are obtained relative to weight changes.

Can't wait to get this all together,Engine,clutch with new,diff weights etc then do some real world testing.
Diablo has promised me even more power!...Hey Mate!Image

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:45 pm 

Bazz,

Sorry for the late reply, but yea that kit will keep you from buying many different OEM weights. I have never purchased that kit for a Polaris clutch as I borrowed weights from a dealer to dial in the clutch for here in Alaska. I did however use one on my skidoo TRA mod sled and loved it, but WAY different and that was a while back. Also when I tuned my sled in I just took the weight for face value and did not double check as your doing.... I know bad Diablo.

When the arm is contacting the roller of the spider the weight should not be hitting on the inside of the movable sheeve. At rest where you have it won't be a factor - I would NOT clearance the clutch for the weight, get rid of the kit and send it back if that is the case. Turn the clutch over and post a pic of the weight touching the roller at full open and see if there is clearance.

For the bolt - Yea that garbage, can you use the stock bolt with the weighted arms? Really don't like using washers to space out nut so the threads hold, maybe a bad batch of sholdered bolts? Thunder should replace them if you ask.

Like I said keep the Engine happy at 8200, and EGT's at 1200 degrees. You do know this will make it even harder to go around your track. :shock:

Ak

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:16 am 

Test.

Attachments:
Scan0001.pdf [1.03 MiB]
Downloaded 76 times
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:31 am 

Test 2:
Here's the Destructions Manual,interesting reading,and points to learn.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:44 pm 

This seems to be my best option so far:
http://jjmachineryonline.com/snowmobile ... uct_id=429" ."..

Best price at $1,400,and only $500 core charge,just need to find out the shipping.
Others are at $1,700,and $800 Can-$1,200Cali core charges,what a huge diff in core$.Core Whores? :shock:

Anyone know of any better deals getting a 02 Polaris VES 800 block?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:46 pm 

Have you priced a new crank bearings and seals do all the work yourself have someone local do the machine work?

Profile E-mail