Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:01 pm 

Tpreed wrote:
Mudbogger wrote:
Nelly wrote:
Mudbogger wrote:
My RIGID LED lights came in last night. Look great, I will hooking them up in the future. Appears I can use the stock OEM mounts with these as well.

Awesome! You're gonna love them! And, yes, they will mount to the factory brackets. Which ones did you end up getting? Floods? Spots?

Spots I think sir!

Does RIGID make LED light bars for the brake light? Nelly werent you replacing your stock inlet/brake light with one of these?

what don't they make??
http://www.rigidindustries.com/Off-Road ... s-s/89.htm

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:18 pm 

Rigid spot headlight installed, they arte really a nice find for sure, what illumination they provide!
Front end is in the final stages, the right side lawyer links and outer tie rods have been lengthened and shortened respectively, and the outer bracket tacked. Finish welding and proper hardware this week.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:32 pm 

Here is the way the steering was done on the TJ Pilot, IMO it worked quite well. I can't imagine why this couldn't be copied and added to any LT 350 Ody also. It was really nice because there is no need to alter the foot tub & is just very simple in design. Just a thought..

Attachments:
100_0211.JPG
100_0211.JPG [ 44.02 KiB | Viewed 6417 times ]
100_0212.JPG
100_0212.JPG [ 50.34 KiB | Viewed 6417 times ]
100_0210.JPG
100_0210.JPG [ 47.55 KiB | Viewed 6417 times ]
100_0213.JPG
100_0213.JPG [ 43.03 KiB | Viewed 6417 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:00 pm 

rarerat wrote:
Here is the way the steering was done on the TJ Pilot, IMO it worked quite well. I can't imagine why this couldn't be copied and added to any LT 350 Ody also. It was really nice because there is no need to alter the foot tub & is just very simple in design. Just a thought..

That was suggested to LIEwire soon as we seen his lawyer link setup, how does it work is it well tested?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:52 pm 

hoser wrote:
rarerat wrote:

That was suggested to LIEwire soon as we seen his lawyer link setup, how does it work is it well tested?

I thought it worked great & didn't notice any issues with it, plus it was easier to steer than my other Pilot with the aftermarket rac on it.

I didnt know a lot about it before buying it, (impulse buy) but I did find a thread on it here dated back in 2007 so I know it was in service back then with this same set up. The PO I bought it from claimed he only had it for about year before I bought it and I could tell he didn't know much about it or Pilots in general.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:25 pm 

My new set up is in basicly the same in my opinion. I am thankful for your pictures as it solidifies my fabricators ingenuity and skills. Everything can be improved, mine set up can and in the future might be.
I have the pretty much the exact swing brackets, and other then the plate on mine being horizontal and your outer tie rods attaching a touch different the set up again is pretty much the same set up.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:28 pm 

I agree, after going back and looking at your pics again I see the similarities more clearly. IMO you will be very happy with the new steering set up on the PPE. Keep up the great work & thank you for sharing the project.
::-:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:53 am 

Ody should be completed this week-lights and all. Has been several weeks at the fab shop , but we should be up and running this weekend for a jet run.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:29 am 

Mudbogger wrote:
Ody should be completed this week-lights and all. Has been several weeks at the fab shop , but we should be up and running this weekend for a jet run.

You should get me some solid info on your new setup mud ;)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:01 am 

With pleasure sir. I can take detailed pictures and measurements for you to copy and perhaps have it duplicated by a person/s. I do need to take it for a test ride and also I need to purchase some special hiems for the outer tie rods so they do not bind on the lower arm at full droop-I forgot the name of them but it will be needed to ensure at full droop they don't hit the arm. Reality is I'll never hit full droop as my jumping days are long over :-) but in the grand scheme of things it is a safety issue so it has to be completed.
Oh let me clarify, my fabricator has installed these on my front end but I need to purchase extras.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:11 am 

OK update.
My fabricator has pretty much finished this finally. I had him redo the original arms he made which go from the original frame to the new subframe:
Attachment:
20120525_142243.jpg
20120525_142243.jpg [ 34.72 KiB | Viewed 6231 times ]

What I had him do is insert grease fittings in both of these arms so I can keep it greased and water/debris out. I installed bushing as well in between the brackets and arms so it rides on them instead of the bolts.Also we have drilled holes in the bolts for cotter pins to be installed just in case the nuts loosen up(they won't they are lock nuts with blue loctite)for safety.
He has incorporated "bump steer" into the design and he had to adjust the outer tie rods to compensate for this. I'll have this ody back in about a week or so, he has been concentrating on my TRX 250 frame recently.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:10 pm 

Hey Gregg,
any seat time in this beast yet?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:15 pm 

You know would you believe me if I told you this ride was still at the fab shop waiting for finish welding to be completed?
Well it is the truth, I have not received this back to date, my fab guy has been swapped with work and his own projects so I am still waiting for it.
I have months of work lined up for him here so as soon as the PPE gets here, another Pilot will be going there for some work.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:43 pm 

Mudbogger wrote:
You know would you believe me if I told you this ride was still at the fab shop waiting for finish welding to be completed?
Well it is the truth, I have not received this back to date, my fab guy has been swapped with work and his own projects so I am still waiting for it.
I have months of work lined up for him here so as soon as the PPE gets here, another Pilot will be going there for some work.

you need to move closer to Me :-)

just kidding hope every thing is going well

SpeedChaser

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:10 pm 

I would be living in your shop sir if I was there! :-)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:33 am 

Stopped by my fab guys shop with gifts yesterday, and the PPE is almost ready to go. The front end is set to ride height, everything tightened up and shocks set at well, just some fine tuning needed and a couple of welds and it will be ready to go. Now my fab guy asked if I could leave it with him for the first snow fall of the year, he wants to ride it so delivery will wait for a spell. I drained the fuel and oils in it and refilled all for him yesterday. PPE looks like it will be back in the swing here for 2013.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:50 pm 

Got the PPE back in the shop today. Started going over everything as I plan on riding it soon. I replaced all the fuel lines and the in line fuel filter had a TON of debris in it so that as well was thrown out and changed out. I need to heat cycle the Engine again and re torque the Hillside Head. Does anybody remember the torque values for them by chance?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:55 pm 

Mud,

Torque values are the same as the stock head.

Rand

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:26 pm 

Randman wrote:
Mud,

Torque values are the same as the stock head.

Rand

thank you sir! Appreciate it!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:39 am 

Ok I drained and refilled all the fluids again in the PPE(which I did not need to but I had forgetten and did not write it down) installed the new fuel lines and filters, fresh fuel and did some heat cycles. I also re torqued the Hillside Honda head as well per the manuals specs. I checked the front bearings and seals, rear brakes.ran some new coolant hoses as well as this thing has basicly been sitting for some time. I will need to rejet the carb after I had the dual air inlets shortened so the induction gets in a ton faster then prior. I cleaned the K&N per filters again and covered them with stockings for even better filtration.I installed some fresh steering plastics around the base of the column as the ones that came with it were junk to say the least! I greased the new front end as well. A quick ride around the yard and you can really tell just how much better engineered this front end is from the old crappy Liewire system.
Looking forward to running this PPE but currently it is in my father in laws heated garage!! I am planning on a ride soon with this and the Drakart.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:50 pm 

ok today was the maiden voyage for the PPE under my ownership. And boy it did not go well at all.
First things first the 3 way valve for the fuel line must have been cracked from when Turbo owned it, or just basicly cracked due to age, but needless to say it broke before I even got out of the garage. I luckly had 1 in my parts box I had brought-why I had a spare I will never know but I did.
Second, this ody has been basicly sitting for sometime at the fab guys shop. I did drain all the fuel out of it before it went, but it had so many carb issues today it drove me nuts. I did not touch the carb on this, my thinking was I had drained it and it had run down at Hosers prior to shipping. Wrong thougts. And to add insult to my already elevated blood pressure was it was like 18 degrees today, it was darn cold and jetting it was a nightmare to say the least. The thing ran like it was lean, the plug was so clean I thought I was burning coolant! Could not get the idle circuit to adjust at all, went up from the 168 that was in it to a 178, the needle adjustments did not work as I hoped, I just had a hell of a time, the cold air was killing me. Now remember this thing was based out in TX prior to going to Hosers, and when Hoser was working on it was summertime. Also a footnote Hoser did not work on the carb at all during it's stay, just wanted to makle sure that was posted.
The front end turned well, in fact so well I was very happy indeed. Bad news I could only ride it for a minute or 2 as it was dam cold and running lean, the idle would stick each and every plug chop run, never went down directly after the run--
Also the entire time from start to finish the bowl drain hose was leaking gas, only when you hit the throttle would it not leak, and it was a steady slow stream all the time.
The carb appears to be a 39mm PWK flatside. I did not restrict the air box intake at all to see if that helped in jetting troubleshooting.
The front brake lines also were hitting the new linkgaes so I had to re attach them to arms using rubberstrapping and zip ties.
I am planning on a CSI of the carb tomorrow. Any help is GREATLY appreciated.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:39 am 

Mudbogger wrote:
ok today was the maiden voyage for the PPE under my ownership. And boy it did not go well at all.
First things first the 3 way valve for the fuel line must have been cracked from when Turbo owned it, or just basicly cracked due to age, but needless to say it broke before I even got out of the garage. I luckly had 1 in my parts box I had brought-why I had a spare I will never know but I did.
Second, this ody has been basicly sitting for sometime at the fab guys shop. I did drain all the fuel out of it before it went, but it had so many carb issues today it drove me nuts. I did not touch the carb on this, my thinking was I had drained it and it had run down at Hosers prior to shipping. Wrong thougts. And to add insult to my already elevated blood pressure was it was like 18 degrees today, it was darn cold and jetting it was a nightmare to say the least. The thing ran like it was lean, the plug was so clean I thought I was burning coolant! Could not get the idle circuit to adjust at all, went up from the 168 that was in it to a 178, the needle adjustments did not work as I hoped, I just had a hell of a time, the cold air was killing me. Now remember this thing was based out in TX prior to going to Hosers, and when Hoser was working on it was summertime. Also a footnote Hoser did not work on the carb at all during it's stay, just wanted to makle sure that was posted.
The front end turned well, in fact so well I was very happy indeed. Bad news I could only ride it for a minute or 2 as it was dam cold and running lean, the idle would stick each and every plug chop run, never went down directly after the run--
Also the entire time from start to finish the bowl drain hose was leaking gas, only when you hit the throttle would it not leak, and it was a steady slow stream all the time.
The carb appears to be a 39mm PWK flatside. I did not restrict the air box intake at all to see if that helped in jetting troubleshooting.
The front brake lines also were hitting the new linkgaes so I had to re attach them to arms using rubberstrapping and zip ties.

If that's the same carb it had on it when tt owned it I would replace it.If I remember correctly he was having a hell of a time with that carb and wanted to replace it,I remember him posting about it.I don't know if he ever replaced it or thasts the same one he was having problems with

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:17 pm 

Dang mud sounds like you had your hands full. #1 Did you remove the dial a jet that was it? #2 Untill you solve the vent line leaking fuel do not waste any time trying to jet it. It will all be wrong anyway. I would read the installaiton instruction of a dial a jet and undo what was done first if it was removed. It will be lean from the get go. Your pretty die hard doing it in the cold.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:19 pm 

redskinman wrote:
Mudbogger wrote:

If that's the same carb it had on it when tt owned it I would replace it.If I remember correctly he was having a hell of a time with that carb and wanted to replace it,I remember him posting about it.I don't know if he ever replaced it or thasts the same one he was having problems with

Turbo changed the carb on it for sure. This carb does not have any dial a jet installed and it is does not match the carb he has in the pictures when posted for sale,and when he did all the "you tube"VIDEOS. I looked back here in posting he did and that carb had a dial a jet installed.
Internals are the following:
EGJ needle was on the 5th slot or lowest available on the needle
55 slow jet
#6 SLIDE(it is worn pretty good as well)
168 main(before jetting issues)
Throttle valve looks stock, no number
I checked the floats, they float in a glass of water so I am assuming they have no holes in them. The bowl came off the carb clean on the bottom.
The idle screw was all the way in, guess it never had the end clipped off as done on other 39mm carbs.
I will check but almost positive it is a 39 PWK but let me check again.
Any ideas on wht the bowl vent leakage?
DEBRIS IN THE THROTTLE VAVLE ASSEMBLY?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:23 pm 

Got to be honest here, I know I should do an air leak test on this thing but the thought of having to take all the skids plates, etc off to get to it in the cold makes me sick. And I am still cold from yesterdays experience!
I may just start fresh here and order a new carb from carbpartswarehouse built to my specs.

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next