Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 9:17 am 

Quick measurement , front tire bulge to tire bugle is 65", rim edge to rim edge is 63.5",rims are 5"2out 3 inside, not sure how it will bump steer but just rolling around and hitting bump or holes, it doesn't jerk the steering wheeling around. I am guessing it will be fine.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 10:30 pm 

Thank you sir that is just what the doc ordered. I can compare those to some rough mesurements
I have conjoured up. :shock:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 9:48 am 

No problem brother! Post up with what you come up with, a group of minds coming up with different ideas to the same problem always generates good ideas. We then can can pick and chose the best idea or in part for our own application and budget. I love this website!!!

Gary

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 11:34 am 

GET THIS DAMN THING RUNNING!
With love,
Mark

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 12:17 pm 

LMAO...we can get started on it again this weekend. I have to work tomorrow...go figure.

Attachments:
20 May 2013 021 (Large).jpg
20 May 2013 021 (Large).jpg [ 45.44 KiB | Viewed 16645 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:49 am 

You don't have a pilot wheel for the beastie?!?! That's no good. I'll donate my pilot wheel for this project. Will be in the mail. Give me a week or to on that one. Once I'm balanced out I'll send it your way :-)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:14 am 

I will buy it or trade something for a pilot wheel! Never had one but that would make the brake system much easier to redo!!! Thanks!

I am finishing up a lot of work on the other 2 Odysseys now and will then start the beastie. I will post some pictures os what I have been doing.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:32 am 

The only trade I'll accept is 3 elk steaks. My brother got me some elk sausage to try a while back. Good stuff. That way I could have one with him and my dad.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:36 am 

Nuke Em wrote:
I will buy it or trade something for a pilot wheel! Never had one but that would make the brake system much easier to redo!!! Thanks!

I am finishing up a lot of work on the other 2 Odysseys now and will then start the beastie. I will post some pictures os what I have been doing.

You need to get a video of that thing running it must sound raped ape'y .

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:40 am 

I have lots of elk steaks, elk summer sausage( cheddar n Jalapeño ), elk breakfast sausage for biscuits n gravy....yum!!! I will get you a nice frozen box to ship out real soon. Thanks man!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:42 am 

B S wrote:
Nuke Em wrote:

You need to get a video of that thing running it must sound raped ape'y .

I have yet to start that Engine but fully expect it should should pretty wild with the race pipe and cant imagine what 10,000 RPMs sounds like in one of these engines. Scary 12" from your ass I bet! Lol

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:04 am 

Feds old machine got a high compression Hillside Honda head, coolant pump, coolant gauge, dial EGT, made an air cleaner mount, honed n fresh rings, stuffer n new power reeds to match the torque pipe, blended the entire intake system for smooth flow, went thru both clutches, changed out a leaky works shock, rebuilding a cracked pro to fiberglass lid or storage top, and several other things.

The BV400 350 got the shin buster removed, considering adding a rear bumper, replaced the top end gaskets....failed a leak down test!!!, polished up the head n jug like fully did to his BV360, replaced the driven clutch...old one broke at Dumont, installed the speed chaser front end bushings, brake work, going to install new gauges and a new gauge panel, new race seat, etc

Lots to finish before the beastie work begins.

Attachments:
IMG_20130719_080804_450.jpg
IMG_20130719_080804_450.jpg [ 57.92 KiB | Viewed 16571 times ]
IMG_20130719_080814_545.jpg
IMG_20130719_080814_545.jpg [ 55.47 KiB | Viewed 16571 times ]
IMG_20130719_080826_146.jpg
IMG_20130719_080826_146.jpg [ 42.73 KiB | Viewed 16571 times ]
IMG_20130719_080838_134.jpg
IMG_20130719_080838_134.jpg [ 40.65 KiB | Viewed 16571 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:11 am 

Nuke, did that beastie Engine have the counterbalancer removed and the crank get rebalanced?

I'd have about a .120 steel plate between me and the clutch, in case it ever went poof at those rpm's

Please post videos for us mere mortals..if you can get one of the machine running and the tach in the shot, I'd love to see how that thing winds up

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:03 am 

consol wrote:
Nuke, did that beastie Engine have the counterbalancer removed and the crank get rebalanced?

I'd have about a .120 steel plate between me and the clutch, in case it ever went poof at those rpm's

Please post videos for us mere mortals..if you can get one of the machine running and the tach in the shot, I'd love to see how that thing winds up

I will get videos n pics, mere mortals! Lmao....not my designs, just fortunate enough to get the opportunity to buy all these race engines.

The beastie does run the counter balancer setup. It does have some lighten parts here n there which is cool. The other engines and spare parts there was some machined down cranks with large holes drilled into the lobes....non counter balancer Engine???? Also machined down flywheels, holes drilled in lots of things to lighten up the moving mass?

I should retake and repost the pictures of all the racing things. The site hack a few years ago destroyed them. Same year I got flooded and ruined my computer that had most of my saved pics of the internals of the race engines.

I have been making port maps of these engines for Adnoh or others to pick over. Think I have 6 or 7 done so far.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:01 pm 

Nuke Em wrote:
I have lots of elk steaks, elk summer sausage( cheddar n Jalapeño ), elk breakfast sausage for biscuits n gravy....yum!!! I will get you a nice frozen box to ship out real soon. Thanks man!!!!

Sounds great!!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:01 pm 

well bud its been a while. anything to update on possible the sickest 350 around lol

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:52 am 

Nuke Em wrote:
consol wrote:

I will get videos n pics, mere mortals! Lmao....not my designs, just fortunate enough to get the opportunity to buy all these race engines.

The beastie does run the counter balancer setup. It does have some lighten parts here n there which is cool. The other engines and spare parts there was some machined down cranks with large holes drilled into the lobes....non counter balancer Engine???? Also machined down flywheels, holes drilled in lots of things to lighten up the moving mass?

I should retake and repost the pictures of all the racing things. The site hack a few years ago destroyed them. Same year I got flooded and ruined my computer that had most of my saved pics of the internals of the race engines.

I have been making port maps of these engines for Adnoh or others to pick over. Think I have 6 or 7 done so far.

The hard drive in the flooded computer should still have the files preserved ? Just install it into another computer as a slave drive and fetch the pics...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:30 pm 

Sorry no updates, or real progress. Work n other projects just consume sooooo much of my time. I did get a few things done on it back Jan/Feb including mounting up the Pilot steering wheel. Now I have Nicks Revolt and still have not even gone thru it just to check out everything. Pitiful on my part.

Still have not touched the old computers either Hoser, been three years right now...you think the hard drives would be any good?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:01 pm 

Nuke Em wrote:
Sorry no updates, or real progress. Work n other projects just consume sooooo much of my time. I did get a few things done on it back Jan/Feb including mounting up the Pilot steering wheel. Now I have Nicks Revolt and still have not even gone thru it just to check out everything. Pitiful on my part.

Still have not touched the old computers either Hoser, been three years right now...you think the hard drives would be any good?

Hard drives could still be good.... long shot but possible..

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:15 pm 

elitespecialkid wrote:
Nuke Em wrote:

Hard drives could still be good.... long shot but possible..

Right on I would pull the drives and look them over close, blow them off good with compressed air then see if their is any mud on them or the external boards if their was spray them down with electronic cleaner then try to power them up and see if they still work.

Dirt mud on any of the boards or connections can act as conductors so clean them good first (Gary knows all this he is a electronics guru :-) )

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:21 pm 

Were they powered on when water hit? That's what would kill them I think. If they didn't have power to them when they hit water and have had 3 years with no power to dry, there is a good chance they will be alright

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:25 pm 

No, they(3) were powered down and stacked up above the tub...water got 6' deep at that place. Nary a storage unit to be found for a 100 miles and no place to store stuff so I stacked stuff. Got the boat, odysseys , big tv, BBQ pit and clothes out...everything else got ruined. Sucked.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:57 pm 

Nuke Em wrote:
No, they(3) were powered down and stacked up above the tub...water got 6' deep at that place. Nary a storage unit to be found for a 100 miles and no place to store stuff so I stacked stuff. Got the boat, odysseys , big tv, BBQ pit and clothes out...everything else got ruined. Sucked.

My buddies kids house got flooded here the water filled his basement and got about 1" deep upstairs just deep enough he lost all his flooring, get this the power never went out in his neighbor hood and the power company never turned it off he had a sump pump, it took about 3 days for the water to recede enough he could get to his house and went equipped to pump out the basement opened the door to the house and looked in the basement and it was only about 1/2 full, the pump had been running since the flood started and kept running the whole time it continued to run until the basement was dry and the sump pit was back to the normal level.

He went and bought all new breakers for the breaker box we pulled the meter and I changed all the breakers with new, cleaned up all the bus bars sprayed them with battery terminal protector, replaced all the switches and outlets that were under water.

You could see in the box where the power was shorting under water between the bus bars had that white shit on them like you see inside a distributor cap on a auto.

Not one breaker was tripped in the house.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:47 am 

Ok enough of the teasing its 2018 already :-) . Where the videos :shock:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:31 am 

stix wrote:
Ok enough of the teasing its 2018 already :-) . Where the videos :shock:

I thought nuke em was finally posting again till I saw the dates,he probably wont see this :shock:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next