Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:55 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:26 am 

This is my sons finished LT pilot

Attachments:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg [ 76.44 KiB | Viewed 4319 times ]
image[1].jpeg
image[1].jpeg [ 90.22 KiB | Viewed 4319 times ]
image[2].jpeg
image[2].jpeg [ 87.33 KiB | Viewed 4319 times ]
image[3].jpeg
image[3].jpeg [ 90.16 KiB | Viewed 4319 times ]
image[4].jpeg
image[4].jpeg [ 94.43 KiB | Viewed 4319 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:42 am 

looks good...now that you have the pilot perfected you need to help us 350 guys lol..great work keep it up

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:03 pm 

Lol for sure

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:40 pm 

No sag in the front shocks?

YEAH help the 350 guys lol they need a replacement axle option for sure.

Time for another Dave-Co build thread for the FL350s :-)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:19 pm 

Where it is sitting up front is where it sits the wheels still drop about 4 inches farther down. When I say the front has 16 inches of travel I mean it. ATV racing limits the travel so much front and back it is beyond belief, those are ATV arms in front on that pilot that I did a bit of work on because the arms I had made for it went onto halorisings pilot, these came off his pilot bent with bent rod ends, I was lazy and did not want to build another set at the time. NO atv racing long? travel pilot comes close to sitting like that and are so stupidly oversprung it makes me cringe thinking about it. I have worked on 4 pilots made by them all had 250 springs up front TWO FIFTY! Mine has 90 pound springs up front my others have 110 in front. ATV made pilots use shorter shock up front and suck the front end up when mounting the shorter shock that amounts to at least 5 inches at the wheel losing 5 inches of travel right off the bat, but with a 250 spring AND a shorter shock it really doesnt matter I guess. If you own one and don't believe me or what I am saying take your front ahock off and see how far the wheel drops after you do. I cannot understand that, they put a big Vw ball joint on front and suck the front end up to mount the shock, why bother putting a ball joint like that on if your going to do that. We raced class 11 vws with no limiters on the ball joints for years with over a half inch rotation on the front tubes and did not brake ball joints running 700 15 tires, all this has to support is a 23-7-10 atv tire. The rear on the ATV pilots I have worked on are done the same way, taking a limited travel desing by there making and limiting it even more then sticking a spring the size of my leg on the back that cant let the rear use the little travel it has, unless you drop it off a house. As far as fl 350s, I have a few mods that can make a 350 perform twice as well as it does now, don't waste money on stupid works shocks, they are a giant waste of money buying them new

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:46 pm 

I have followed many ATV Racing Pilots over the years and watched their suspensions I have been saying the same thing for years people spent 7k for suspension then don't use any more travel than a stock Pilot except for when jumping about 15' in the air, you can follow one and see how much the rear articulates over the bump.

Can never understand why they use such stiff shocks they are suppose to be suspension gurus and do suspensions for a living.

EDIT

You should consider doing a +2" wider and 1" forward arms like the YODA kit for the Pilot I don't think YODA is doing them any more, the 10" travel in the front is great for us guys that do mostly tight trails and omits the complicated steering and associated cost.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:02 pm 

I have to say I am very dissapointed in what I found and the money that has been spent. I feel bad telling it like it is because good folks have bought from them and bought there pilots made by them in the belief they are getting the trickest bad to the bone thing. I shake my head everyytime I take one apart, they are all done the same way, sad but true

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:07 pm 

Dave-Co wrote:
I have to say I am very dissapointed in what I found and the money that has been spent. I feel bad telling it like it is because good folks have bought from them and bought there pilots made by them in the belief they are getting the trickest bad to the bone thing. I shake my head everyytime I take one apart, they are all done the same way, sad but true

I appreciate all the help your giving everybody and for sharing your expertise with us all, I wish I had the funds I would send you my 73 Beetle and have you set it up as a class 1 for me so I could play in the desert with it :-)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:29 pm 

I can certainly share the info with you to get it along. Did you happen to watch that video? It is some of the best racing you will see

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:44 pm 

Man that looks great. I would like to officially request that you adopt me and do the same to my PoS ATVR front suspension...dads like you are one in a million. Once again, that thing looks awesome.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:21 pm 

Thank you

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:50 am 

Dave-Co wrote:
I can certainly share the info with you to get it along. Did you happen to watch that video? It is some of the best racing you will see

I didnt see the video did you post the link ?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:55 am 

no I didnt, it is on you tube, Laughlin snore race 2013 day 2 554 incar. you will enjoy it

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:50 am 

hoser wrote:
I have followed many ATV Racing Pilots over the years and watched their suspensions I have been saying the same thing for years people spent 7k for suspension then don't use any more travel than a stock Pilot except for when jumping about 15' in the air, you can follow one and see how much the rear articulates over the bump.

Can never understand why they use such stiff shocks they are suppose to be suspension gurus and do suspensions for a living.

EDIT

You should consider doing a +2" wider and 1" forward arms like the YODA kit for the Pilot I don't think YODA is doing them any more, the 10" travel in the front is great for us guys that do mostly tight trails and omits the complicated steering and associated cost.
I can build what ever they want, but after driving one of mine to me it would be a big compromise but I can do it.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:17 am 

Dave-Co wrote:
hoser wrote:

EDIT

I can build what ever they want, but after driving one of mine to me it would be a big compromise but I can do it.

For some its not what they want but what they can use, my Pilot sees more trails where 60" is almost too wide cost is another thing not having the extra cost of the drag link steering and just making the stock tie rods wider fits the budget better :-)

This the video?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9n_bRgi878

We need to work on your computer skills so you can post links :shock:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:08 pm 

when I get some time I will work on a 2 inch longer arms

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:17 pm 

That wes a sweet video!

Profile E-mail