Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: BASTOW LT fun
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 1:05 am 

my son was gettin with it at Barstow a couple of weeks ago , watch in 1080

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ua5eUXcQuf0

here is some drakart footage to also go along with it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMePxe3djeE

Part 2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukORUhENWIY

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: BASTOW LT fun
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 1:12 am 

Looks like one hell of a place to ride a pilot,would love to have a track like that to ride on.As big as Tx is I don't think theres any tracks we have like that to ride a pilot on

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 1:36 am 

Regular pilot aint much fun out there,he is going over 2- 3 foot woops most of the time, Barstow is not smooth LOL

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 1:56 am 

Wow looks awesome. The place I like to ride has tons of huge woops. Looking forward to getting this other pilot together. If only in didn't have the damn truck project sucking up my pilot Engine fund. LOL

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 2:21 am 

Looks rough and that pilot just soaks everything up. Steady on the throttle as well. Thumbs up

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 7:06 am 

Dave-Co wrote:
Regular pilot aint much fun out there,he is going over 2- 3 foot woops most of the time, Barstow is not smooth LOL

Yeah it's very hard to tell how rough it is with the camera angle on the buggy the way it is
You need to get two pilots together with one pilot having the camera mounted on the rear so you can see how the pilot is reacting to the terrain

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 1:12 pm 

the front tires tell the whole story, there are other videos that show better the terrain

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 1:23 pm 

Dave-Co wrote:
the front tires tell the whole story, there are other videos that show better the terrain

That is what I was thinking.....watching the front tires bounce up and down yet the camera stays pretty steady.......

Awesome work on that suspension, thanks for sharing!

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 1:24 pm 

Wow, that first video in the Pilot was an insanely fast pace

I'm sure like many other stock pilot owners, my back and ass were clenched during the whole video waiting for the pain

That suspension is spectacular

I watched the Drakart video, but only a little, as I don't want my mind to start running around about getting one

Question...does the Drakart frame seem to be flexing a lot, or is the steering column moving around a lot during the video?

It could be me, but it seems like a less focused chassis as compared to the pilots...could be an optical thing, but it just looked different in the way it tracked

Great videos

P.S. There was going to be a across the desert rally for teams in Northern Mexico, rally Diablo I think it was postponed though, it would be awesome to see a strong pilot team contend

(Me, I'm not a huge fan of taking property, bribe money, etc. down to Mexico anymore)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 1:42 pm 

I has to be a optical thing, The drak is built well enough, the steering wheel wobles on it because of the way they mounted it, I redid all the steering exept the wheel which will get a complete make over this summer. It is 1 fast sob though

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 3:02 pm 

They need to make a video of going from Barstow to Vegas, They might need to make a gas stop or two but I bet it would be fun :-)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 10:21 pm 

They nearly had a off road race from barstow to vegas but could not get the proper permits in time(california dropped the ball)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 1:37 pm 

Dave-Co wrote:
They nearly had a off road race from barstow to vegas but could not get the proper permits in time(california dropped the ball)

It's been a long time since the last Barstow to Vegas, I'm sure all the turtles have moved out of the way by now

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 5:55 pm 

We just drove from Vegas to Anaheim going through Barstow. Man I can't believe the amount of trails you guys have out in the dessert. Looks like a great place to ride.

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 12:15 pm 

fully wrote:
We just drove from Vegas to Anaheim going through Barstow. Man I can't believe the amount of trails you guys have out in the dessert. Looks like a great place to ride.

Download and load up the course map into Google Earth then zoom in real tight and look at all the trails in that area.
Attachment:
Barstow Coursemap.kmz [2.92 KiB]
Downloaded 131 times

Another Barstow race map

If I lived with in 8 hrs drive of this place I would be out their this long weekend riding.
Barstow to Laughlin

Attachment:
Barstow to Laughlin.kmz [53.66 KiB]
Downloaded 135 times

Attachments:
Barstow_B.kmz [4.77 KiB]
Downloaded 139 times
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 3:03 am 

hoser wrote:
fully wrote:

Download and load up the course map into Google Earth then zoom in real tight and look at all the trails in that area.
Attachment:
Barstow Coursemap.kmz

Another Barstow race map

If I lived with in 8 hrs drive of this place I would be out their this long weekend riding.
Barstow to Laughlin

Attachment:
Barstow to Laughlin.kmz

that would be a fun course , there so many trails out there its hard to choose from when making a course like in the video

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:27 pm 

Not many know the area like J-CO does, he is my 19 year old son who is in the the videos

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:35 pm 

Dave-Co wrote:
Not many know the area like J-CO does, he is my 19 year old son who is in the the videos

You guys should organize a unofficial 'race' and invite all the Pilots, Odysseys, Revolts, Drakarts mini buggies etc. and have some fun, make it a few hour long race not them 10 min heats on a groomed track :-)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:26 pm 

Not a bad idea at all, my kids do timed races so they don't have to bang into each other or drive in dust. I will put the call out for this winter, maybe november when the weather is good. The hotel is right across the street and it is real nice. WOW that sounds like fun. Maybe you could put something on the front page so everyone can see it and plan to come out, even maybe you hoser. we could tune your shocks and have fun doing it. Maybe November 15th weekend would be something we could get a bunch of people together. Zillions of miles to run out there!!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:34 pm 

"don't have to bang into each other"- there goes the fun part of racing.

No idea how people can get two or more buggies together and not dice it up! I see vids all the time of the cars all spaced out and in a nice neat line. Snooze!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:50 pm 

Dave-Co wrote:
Not a bad idea at all, my kids do timed races so they don't have to bang into each other or drive in dust. I will put the call out for this winter, maybe november when the weather is good. The hotel is right across the street and it is real nice. WOW that sounds like fun. Maybe you could put something on the front page so everyone can see it and plan to come out, even maybe you hoser. we could tune your shocks and have fun doing it. Maybe November 15th weekend would be something we could get a bunch of people together. Zillions of miles to run out there!!

What kind of GPS do you run in your race car?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:15 am 

hoser wrote:
Dave-Co wrote:

You guys should organize a unofficial 'race' and invite all the Pilots, Odysseys, Revolts, Drakarts mini buggies etc. and have some fun, make it a few hour long race not them 10 min heats on a groomed track :-)

we can make it go on the actual race course out there that has been raced on since the 70's , if you want rough that's the place :-)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:29 am 

J-CO wrote:
hoser wrote:
Dave-Co wrote:

we can make it go on the actual race course out there that has been raced on since the 70's , if you want rough that's the place :-)

I was not necessarily seeking rough I was how ever seeking a mans race not a pussified 10 min race on a manicured dirt track where you hit the same jump 55 times in the 10 min because the course is so small, I was thinking something that was actually challenging and fun where the adrenalin rush last for hours not 10 min, where you burn 40 gallons of gas not 1 gallon, where the race makes it worth the drive to get their, where you can actually tell if you were smart enough to properly prep your machine for the ride or just lucky it ran the whole 1 hr for the race weekend, where you can see if you can actually drive and not just lucky you didnt fuk up in your little 10 min short distance race around the parking lot sized track.

don't get me wrong I get the short track thing its a spectator sport for you to drag your family and friends to and show how good you are for that big whopping 10 minutes running around the dust proofed almost mud proofed groomed track, I been their done that at lease back when I was doing the short course racing thing the races were long enough little guy with the small racing budget could be a player by simply laying back and waiting for the others to crash or break down, for some its all they have time in their life for they cant afford to make a ride that last any longer, nutten wrong with that I been their many times.

After riding over 8000 miles in the desert I found out what I had been missing and the time I wasted on short rides they were great times but now with the cost of transportation, for me, getting the biggest bang for the buck is the most important, seat time is the most important, short rides in confined areas no longer has the appeal of riding down a trail where the terrain, bumps, jumps are never the same and the chances of you ever remembering a hazard are slim to none, where if you missed something in your pre ride check or your post ride maintenance might leave you walking for miles not feet the adrenalin runs last all day long because your trying to make thousands of calculations per second to keep the rubber side down as you push it harder and harder to go faster across the unknown.

If its a course I have not been on before rough or not you have my interest! Long as it last more than an hr per day seat time :-)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:13 pm 

hoser wrote:
J-CO wrote:
hoser wrote:
Dave-Co wrote:

I was not necessarily seeking rough I was how ever seeking a mans race not a pussified 10 min race on a manicured dirt track where you hit the same jump 55 times in the 10 min because the course is so small, I was thinking something that was actually challenging and fun where the adrenalin rush last for hours not 10 min, where you burn 40 gallons of gas not 1 gallon, where the race makes it worth the drive to get their, where you can actually tell if you were smart enough to properly prep your machine for the ride or just lucky it ran the whole 1 hr for the race weekend, where you can see if you can actually drive and not just lucky you didnt fuk up in your little 10 min short distance race around the parking lot sized track.

don't get me wrong I get the short track thing its a spectator sport for you to drag your family and friends to and show how good you are for that big whopping 10 minutes running around the dust proofed almost mud proofed groomed track, I been their done that at lease back when I was doing the short course racing thing the races were long enough little guy with the small racing budget could be a player by simply laying back and waiting for the others to crash or break down, for some its all they have time in their life for they cant afford to make a ride that last any longer, nutten wrong with that I been their many times.

After riding over 8000 miles in the desert I found out what I had been missing and the time I wasted on short rides they were great times but now with the cost of transportation, for me, getting the biggest bang for the buck is the most important, seat time is the most important, short rides in confined areas no longer has the appeal of riding down a trail where the terrain, bumps, jumps are never the same and the chances of you ever remembering a hazard are slim to none, where if you missed something in your pre ride check or your post ride maintenance might leave you walking for miles not feet the adrenalin runs last all day long because your trying to make thousands of calculations per second to keep the rubber side down as you push it harder and harder to go faster across the unknown.

If its a course I have not been on before rough or not you have my interest! Long as it last more than an hr per day seat time :-)

i hear that , come up with a course and i am game , those ones u made on Google earth are nice , racing against one other person like my brother is not worth a half/all day event.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:16 pm 

J-CO wrote:
hoser wrote:
J-CO wrote:
hoser wrote:
Dave-Co wrote:

i hear that , come up with a course and i am game , those ones u made on Google earth are nice , racing against one other person like my brother is not worth a half/all day event.

I bet we can lay out something on the fly, we all meet up then spend a day or so riding every body decide what they like then lay out a course and run it, we can record where we been running then at night load it on the PC look it over in Google Earth decide on a fun run then do it, personally I rather make two 50 mile laps than ten 10 mile laps, its bigger rush riding into the unknown at speed :-)

It can be stagger starts or we all can line up at once and do the land rush style starts like they do at Crandon

Profile E-mail