Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:17 pm 

Two of the three factory clutches on my 350's rattle, mostly at idle. They're old and I'm sure pretty well worn so I'm thinking of trying one of the 94c Comet replacements. I've considered the 102c but besides reeds, intake spacers, and dual snorkle airbox mod's my engines are stock. Is the 94 a good replacement? Is it better than stock? Will I wish I'd bought the $350 clutch instead of the $200 option? I don't really want to fiddle with clutch tuning since I'm a track and trail rider, not a racer.

Keep in mind I will likely be buying three of whatever I choose so cost is an issue, Unfortunatly.

::-:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:18 am 

Fawcett999 wrote:
Two of the three factory clutches on my 350's rattle, mostly at idle. They're old and I'm sure pretty well worn so I'm thinking of trying one of the 94c Comet replacements. I've considered the 102c but besides reeds, intake spacers, and dual snorkle airbox mod's my engines are stock. Is the 94 a good replacement? Is it better than stock? Will I wish I'd bought the $350 clutch instead of the $200 option? I don't really want to fiddle with clutch tuning since I'm a track and trail rider, not a racer.

Keep in mind I will likely be buying three of whatever I choose so cost is an issue, Unfortunatly.

::-:

My brother has a 94c on his machine. Very good unit for the fl350.
The question is do your clutches still work ?? Will they make it the season ??

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:27 am 

Oh ya, they all still work but annoyingly noisy which can make it hard to recognize would-be problem noises like knocks and stuff. plus if I can get a little better performance....

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:50 am 

94c is a great clutch. Comes setup working great on an fl350. I ran one when my stocker locked up! Didn't notice any performance gains, just that it worked good

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:36 pm 

94c sounds like your best bet, no real tuning just mount and go. But one thing I experienced with the Comet 94c for the FL350 is that at idle it likes to chirp, yep its annoying. Even my brand new 94c started chirping and I ALWAYS lube properly with Comets clutch lube, but then always performed excellent. Im know lot of FL350 guys here experienced the chirp as well with the 94

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:02 am 

Chirp, Rattle, I guess ill just keep what I have. Thanks for the feedback fellas.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:57 am 

I have a 102c on my 350 and I like it. About the only difference is the stall out of the hole. My holds back about a 1000 more rpm or so before it launches but when it does-It launches! The 102 has a lot more moving parts to replace and repair or switch tune it for your riding needs. 102 is a good stock replacement.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:42 am 

The 94C comes with the stock tune if you want or are expecting more performance you need to tune the 94C viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6719

Personally I would never install a after market clutch with the stock tune one of the biggest performance gains for the buck is different clutch settings and the first mod you should do when looking for performance gains.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:02 am 

Clutches make a HUGE difference in performance and as Hoser mentioned are the best bang for the buck. As Nitrosport_5 mentioned, little to no difference with an out of the box 94C versus the stock Salbury clutch.

Inspect your stock clutches. More than likely you will find rollers that are either missing and or flat spotted due to not being able to rotate on their mounting pin. You may be able to piece one or two together to make a good working order Salsbury (stock) clutch and then only have to purchase two 94c's.

Rand

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:10 pm 

Good solid advise guys, thank you.
Ive got to get over to Fastenall and get the correct bolt to remove the clutches.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:36 am 

Another advantage of the 94cDuster Vs OEM clanger,is due to it's special compound plastic type puck,it's SO damn quiet!
So qiuet...you can hear an ant's fart. :shock:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:57 pm 

Wow....... that is quiet.
Reminds me of the time my aunt farted at the thanksgiving dinner table. CLEARED THE ROOM!!!!!!!!
I still have trouble eating Turkey. Very traumatic boys, very traumatic.

Attachments:
aunt-jacke-shart-meme-generator-i-think-i-may-have-over-trusted-that-fart-ca9f20.png
aunt-jacke-shart-meme-generator-i-think-i-may-have-over-trusted-that-fart-ca9f20.png [ 263.28 KiB | Viewed 3643 times ]
thats-one-sick-turkey.jpeg
thats-one-sick-turkey.jpeg [ 47.91 KiB | Viewed 3643 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:30 pm 

LMAO...that's funny