Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Project 2800 pilot
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:24 pm 

Waiting to be picked up---and I cannot wait to ride it!

Attachments:
Dave Co pilot.JPG
Dave Co pilot.JPG [ 87.36 KiB | Viewed 8634 times ]
Dave Co Pilot 3.JPG
Dave Co Pilot 3.JPG [ 92.14 KiB | Viewed 8634 times ]
Dave Co pilot 4.JPG
Dave Co pilot 4.JPG [ 72.34 KiB | Viewed 8634 times ]
Dave Co Pilot 2.JPG
Dave Co Pilot 2.JPG [ 70.67 KiB | Viewed 8634 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:27 pm 

Big big thanks to Dave, his sons and family for making this a dream come true for me. Him and the kids worked for months on my project and after going through some tough times finished and I could not be more grateful!!I wish Dave all the best and hope all is well!! Thank you sir really really thanks a bunch!!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:44 pm 

Greg you are very welcome, this has been a very trying time for me because of illness that has really sunk its teeth into me, what started out to be a quick Long travel conversion found me spending more time in bed than I could spend on Gregs pilot. He has been nothing but a good friend the whole way threw, never putting any pressure and always giving me nothing but support and positive comments. Greg has what I call a super pilot, 14 inches of usable wheel travel in the rear with 12 in fOX coilovers with a large amount of work done to the inside with the rear wheel moved back nearly 4 inches giving more wheelbase and stabilty and putting the wheel where the suspension likes it the best for smooth movement, and about 15.5 inches of usable travel up front with the front arms adding to the wheelbase also, with super ATV electric power steering giving zero feedback threw the yoke that takes pilot driving to another level. You can drive threw the roughest terrain with no kick back threw the wheel at all eliminating any death grip or arm pump.

And with a complete Dave-co roll cage that should keep him safe in a upset.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:46 pm 

Sorry to hear of your health issues Dave, I hope you are feeling better.

Pilot looks sweet,nice job Dave and Sons.

Congrats Mudd!....now we just need somewhere to ride it!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:33 am 

You are so right! In this area the riding is so hard to come by, I need to find a friend in the Sussex area or up in Bergen county by like riverdale where it is all woods.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:22 am 

You joined the mile high club!!

Attachments:
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 52.94 KiB | Viewed 8566 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:15 pm 

had some time this weekend to install all the plastics and shore up this pilot. it needed a little things to be done like extensions for the tachometer and other small items but the plastics were a real pain in the butt. everything had to be custom fitted to fit the electronic power steering and multiple bars for the roll cage and such.
I cannot run stock rims the offset hit the tie rod ends so I installed my OMF rims off of the terrible pilot they work quite well. It still needs some minor modifications to a bracket or 2, and then it is time to ride

here are some finished pictures.

Attachments:
throttle Pilot wrecked 044.jpg
throttle Pilot wrecked 044.jpg [ 36.45 KiB | Viewed 8496 times ]
throttle Pilot wrecked 045.jpg
throttle Pilot wrecked 045.jpg [ 36.17 KiB | Viewed 8496 times ]
throttle Pilot wrecked 046.jpg
throttle Pilot wrecked 046.jpg [ 27.81 KiB | Viewed 8496 times ]
throttle Pilot wrecked 047.jpg
throttle Pilot wrecked 047.jpg [ 38.52 KiB | Viewed 8496 times ]
throttle Pilot wrecked 048.jpg
throttle Pilot wrecked 048.jpg [ 40.01 KiB | Viewed 8496 times ]
throttle Pilot wrecked 049.jpg
throttle Pilot wrecked 049.jpg [ 35.22 KiB | Viewed 8496 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:15 pm 

Nice job Greg, looks great with the plastic on!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:35 pm 

Thanks Dave for all the hard work, and I forgot 1 picture, but I saved the best for last!! My pride and joy that's makes riding so much funner!!!

Attachments:
throttle Pilot wrecked 050.jpg
throttle Pilot wrecked 050.jpg [ 34.36 KiB | Viewed 8495 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:50 pm 

So I take it you took it for a spin?? Whole new experience with the steering/ Your welcome Greg, real glad you like it! Those wheels and tires are real nice, much nicer than it had on it !!! Very nice

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:48 pm 

Beautiful mud. Wish mine was done. Can't wait! Need to get my butt in gear

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:00 pm 

Took Pilot out today for a fun day of riding, weather here was nice, this suspension works so gosh darn well I had to stop and check to make sure I breathing, IT IS #### ING UNREAL!!! The bumps were invisible to me, the shock set up were perfect, I cannot even explain the ride it gave me, the power steering is flawless and makes the front end like your BMW car, response is out of this world, light touchy but stable, i mean it makes you want to ship every pilot to Dave-Co, truly a work of art, thanks much to Dave-co AND SONS(girls too did not want to forget her!)for making a Pilot something godly, I wish I could let others ride it to get a better description!!!

But I don't want anybody to ride this thing, it is all mine!! :-)
btw Went to central PA coal mines rocky terrain with hill climbs, drop off and wide open straightaways.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:27 pm 

Sounds cool Mud!

Any pics?

Any one else ride with ya?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:07 am 

No I was alone as usual. I don't know of any members around me anymore that ride.
I did not bring the camera as usual, when I do I lose the dam thing so I pretty much rely on others for pictures.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:08 am 

Mudbogger wrote:
No I was alone as usual. I don't know of any members around me anymore that ride.
I did not bring the camera as usual, when I do I lose the dam thing so I pretty much rely on others for pictures.

I'm in Ma. and I'm sure we could set something up. Need to get out there and drive/ride a bit. I doubt I can keep up with you now that you are driving with that superior suspension setup, but that makes it more fun, for me at least. Maybe, we can get Massody and Kingkx out there too.???
Regards

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:54 am 

Dave-Co or Mudbogger, can one of you give some more details and pics of the power steering setup? That thing is freaking AWSOME! Great work Dave and congrats Mudbogger:()

May I also kindly ask what is the price tag for something so bitchin? I need to start saving my money;)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:52 pm 

I will snap some pictures tomorrow for you of the linkage and such. Price I will let Dave-Co speak to you in regards on charges, etc. I think the power steering kits are in the 600-700 dollar price range complete if my memory serves me. I bought several and they gave me a discount coupon for additional units.
I love it, best thing I have done in a quite some time.Does look like fab skills are a must, there is no way in god's name I could have installed it.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:49 am 

That's a sweet looking pilot. Love the tall boy roll cage, always needed one myself!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:41 pm 

Yes I had Dave-Co custom build for me, I am 6-4 and the stock cage is great, but as I get older and stiffer the new cage helps out a ton, it has much head room, and it really eases my ability to get in and out. Plus it is a so much stronger then the stock tubing. Now do not get me wrong, the stock cage has saved me and friends many a time, I just wanted a bit more and I got it.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:09 pm 

Coolest Pilot.. Very Nice!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:06 pm 

that's got to be the sickest pilot i have seen..i would sell both my 350's for one of them in a heart beat

now all you need is a 583 or 670 in there for the extra power

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:07 pm 

All the credit goes to Hoser for a stellar rebuild job on this Engine some time ago and Dave-Co for the suspension. And to all the tech gurus here that post topics and questions about suspensions, ride heights, shock compressions, etc.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:02 am 

Thank you for the nice words, the power steering was massive work and thought the first one I did, slowly refining the application on the next few I did. All 6 of my pilots now have this power steering on them including the bone stock my daughter drives. I drove her pilot several times this weekend and the power steering completly changes the entire handling of the stock pilot you would not believe. Before PS you would not catch me sitting in that Pilot, now it is unreal. Board member Lee Cruz came out to ride with us today with his long travel pilot that I built as well as put a cage on and drove my long travel set up just like his but with power steering, needless to say power steering is going to find its way onto his pilot VERY SOON! He also drove my daughters pilot and could not believe how the whole car performs with it. As Mudd says it is a game changer in the highest degree. It was rougher and tore up out here in Barstow more than I have ever seen it, nothing but ditches woops deep sand woops with heavy cross grain, generally a complete mess from the storms that have hit there, so bad our usual parking-camp area was washed away with 6-8 foot deep rain ruts where we use to camp! arm pump death grip is 100 percent GONE!!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:23 am 

Dave - Could you share some details? which Power steering unit did you use? I see several kits listed on their website ATV and UTV kits. Could you post a few pictures of your daughters stock power steering setup? If there is a thread about this and I missed it please let me know. I did read that you use the 220 watt system. If this is something you have designed, perfected and selling I do not want to take advantage of your hard work. If you are selling them please let me know. I'm interested in the stock power steering.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:43 pm 

i wonder if PS could be put on a 350..

dave-co you need to get a hold of a 350 and figure out some long travel for it..i got the front done pretty decent with trx 450 stuff. but the rear needs done...especially with a bad back the more cushion the better for me now..

mud if you can i would love to see some video of the suspension working..it must be your favourite pilot now out of your collection.
are you planning on doing this to any of the other pilots you have?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next