Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post subject: Re: Project 2800 pilot
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:37 am 

Yeah I am 7 days a week 14 hrs a day and I have been traveling between locations in FL,CA and NYC.
Maybe we can have Dave -Co answer these questions about the kit and such as I do not want to go around him.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:49 pm 

Hey mud nothing to feel bad about or worry about. I won't have the power steering unit until mid December anyway. I had no idea you were so busy with work. Glad to hear you are busy, that's much better than the opposite. If you or Dave-Co can share more details that's great. I'm sure I can figure it out one way or another. Perhaps it would be easier for me to ask specific questions when I'm actually working on it. If you wouldn't have given this mod such a great review I would have never gotten so fired up about it. :-) This will be a great winter project. Thanks again guys.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:25 pm 

Mudbogger wrote:
Yeah I am 7 days a week 14 hrs a day and I have been traveling between locations in FL,CA and NYC.
Maybe we can have Dave -Co answer these questions about the kit and such as I do not want to go around him.

Dang Mud! Take a break and ride some of them pilots! Its not worth it!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:02 pm 

wow mud. i don't know what you do for a living, but sounds like you are really busy..how do you even find the time to ride. or is this just a busy time for you..but i guess there is only one way to pay for the toys we all have. keep up the good work.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:24 pm 

Mudbogger wrote:

Did you become an over the road truck driver? :-)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:09 pm 

oh no, we have satellite offices in each state that have expanded operations this year. I have also been awarded a major contract for my other company so it has been a challenge to say the least.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:51 pm 

hey mud..i just noticed in your pictures that your front tires are on backward need to swap them lol..

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:03 am 

Really, HMMM. Thanks!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:56 pm 

Mudbogger wrote:
Really, HMMM. Thanks!

i said the same thing lol

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:08 pm 

it looks like its just one? Oh no....he'll only go in circles!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:41 pm 

B S wrote:
Mudbogger wrote:
Really, HMMM. Thanks!

i said the same thing lol

Really? HMMMMM Thanks to you as well! :-)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:33 pm 

Yeah but you can you can do doughnuts all day long!

Rand

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:11 am 

Mudbogger wrote:
Really, HMMM. Thanks!

lol. i was showing my little brother what a kick ass pilot looked like and that when i noticed. just thought i would let you know..

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:51 pm 

I am sorry I wont post detailed pictures of the Power steering install/ It has nothing to do with some one using my idea, it has to do with some one using my idea and getting it wrong and leading to failure or crashing. In my opinion this electric power steering is the single best addition a pilot could have BUT installing it is not for the weekend hobbiest or welder. I am not pointing fingers at anyone, but it is a very involved install where weld are criticle for penitration and some of the things that need welding are not easy to weld as in the steering shaft, welding to it to where it really is holding is been not easy for me, the material is not easy to weld. I don't want some one to copy me and have it fail and crash. If you are good at it you don't need my design anyway. If you are not a experienced welder take it to some one who is. Hondas metal I think is the worst junk on earth to weld to, where they dug it up I will never guess. Good luck, I hope you get it soon and get it installed right---Dave

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:04 am 

Did Mud ever get this 2nd Pilot finished and returned?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:21 am 

bugeye59 wrote:

Doubt if anyone knows this but Mudbogger and dave-co and right now neither of them is talking

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:14 am 

Dave-Co wrote:
I am sorry I wont post detailed pictures of the Power steering install/ It has nothing to do with some one using my idea, it has to do with some one using my idea and getting it wrong and leading to failure or crashing. In my opinion this electric power steering is the single best addition a pilot could have BUT installing it is not for the weekend hobbiest or welder. I am not pointing fingers at anyone, but it is a very involved install where weld are criticle for penitration and some of the things that need welding are not easy to weld as in the steering shaft, welding to it to where it really is holding is been not easy for me, the material is not easy to weld. I don't want some one to copy me and have it fail and crash. If you are good at it you don't need my design anyway. If you are not a experienced welder take it to some one who is. Hondas metal I think is the worst junk on earth to weld to, where they dug it up I will never guess. Good luck, I hope you get it soon and get it installed right---Dave

Most the metal I have seen on the Hondas when it comes to frames has a coating on the inside most of it is gray in color not sure what it is but I have cut apart a few frames for repair and found this coating inside, what appears to happen is when your welding that coating is pulled into the weld puddle from the back side and causes it to fester up and make really nasty welds. Get some free time take a piece that is welding badly and sand blast the back side of that metal see how it welds clean.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:22 am 

redskinman wrote:
bugeye59 wrote:

Doubt if anyone knows this but Mudbogger and dave-co and right now neither of them is talking

Hi. We currently have some other pressing issues going on here so this isn't a top priority. I showed this too Gregg he says that the buggy is still at Dave's, he has had 0 issues with his kits. He is looking forward to shipping the pilot back home in the coming weeks.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:37 pm 

Mudbogger wrote:
redskinman wrote:
bugeye59 wrote:

Hi. We currently have some other pressing issues going on here so this isn't a top priority. I showed this too Gregg he says that the buggy is still at Dave's, he has had 0 issues with his kits. He is looking forward to shipping the pilot back home in the coming weeks.

Oh bummer. Saw this in the projects section and thought Mud was back. Hope he's seeing some improvement. One day at a time. Health is a lot more important than silly toys. Don't worry about this stuff. The forum will be here when he's ready.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 7:35 pm 

fully wrote:
that's got to be the sickest pilot i have seen..i would sell both my 350's for one of them in a heart beat

now all you need is a 583 or 670 in there for the extra power

Yes MUD.....he's got something there and I have something for you(see attached), a complete 583 RAVE kit from Farr that's never been installed and just purchased a few months ago. I'm looking for $2,500 as it includes the 8" X 20" spun tank and brackets, dual core aluminum radiator with aluminum shroud and fan with mount, K&N air filter with 3" aluminum tub to air box and all new hoses clamps and injection tank. This kit would fit into any one of your toys and the best part....get ready for it......it's located in NJ!!!!!!!

Attachments:
HPIM0282.JPG
HPIM0282.JPG [ 91.53 KiB | Viewed 7296 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 10:51 am 

Thanks for the offer, let me think about it. :-)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 8:21 pm 

Mudbogger wrote:
Thanks for the offer, let me think about it. :-)

I know how you like to tinker so I figured it was a good fit. What's nice about the 583 is that you don't stress the trans/rear as much as those junkies installing the 670 HO's. The 583 with about 100 HP would make a fun upgrade......just saying :-)

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5