Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: 500 conversion pilot
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:26 pm 

bullnerd wrote:
Mud, its none of my business, but I think your doing the right thing sticking to the Honda Engine.

The reason is, we really don't have the space here to need big HP. There's no dunes or desert.

I think you'll have more fun having better suspension and a reliable Engine.

Just my opinion.

No sir, I appreciate your input very much! And I agree with your assessment as well.I would love to try that combination out, but it seems silly when I have these fresh rebuilt engines just sitting here collection dust :shock:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:29 pm 

bullnerd wrote:
Mud, its none of my business, but I think your doing the right thing sticking to the Honda Engine.

The reason is, we really don't have the space here to need big HP. Theres no dunes or desert.

Just my opinion.

Have to agree with Bullnerd on this one. Although the Farr kit looks like a well designed kit, it's still not a simple modication to do compared to dropping a 500 conversion Engine into a pilot. You have electricial, cooling and fuel modifications that need to be done.

Have to say this to all the 583/670 pilot owner outs there: your f**king crazy with that kind of power or I'm just a big vagina.. I rode dave-co's 583 drakart in open desert and was in complete disbelief with how much power it had. I couldn't imagine putting that kind of power in a pilot frame even with LT suspension.

Now riding in sand with a 583/670 pilot would be some serious fun but nuts...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:43 am 

cruz_01 wrote:
bullnerd wrote:

The reason is, we really don't have the space here to need big HP. Theres no dunes or desert.

Just my opinion.

Have to agree with Bullnerd on this one. Although the Farr kit looks like a well designed kit, it's still not a simple modication to do compared to dropping a 500 conversion Engine into a pilot. You have electricial, cooling and fuel modifications that need to be done.

Have to say this to all the 583/670 pilot owner outs there: your f**king crazy with that kind of power or I'm just a big vagina.. I rode dave-co's 583 drakart in open desert and was in complete disbelief with how much power it had. I couldn't imagine putting that kind of power in a pilot frame even with LT suspension.

Now riding in sand with a 583/670 pilot would be some serious fun but nuts...

I have the 583 Engine in my stock length rear suspended and YODA kit front A arm Pilot. I can tell you that in the woods/tight track use its truly awesome! The response on the machine blasting from turn to turn is incredible. I'm not going the speed of sound, it's 10mph to 35-45 and then braking into the next turn. I would do it again in a heartbeat.
Regards.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:18 pm 

I trail ride my 670 Dave co pilot. Would not have it any other way :).

Mud, I think you will be happy with any motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) and Dave co suspention. The ride is absolutely amazing. They handle great. Everybody truely does not k ow what they are missing !

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:13 pm 

Sounds like the 583/670 experience is similar to what I experienced when I was racing cars. We had a Datsun 510 heavily modified to be a GT3 car -- won a championship and then yrs later bought a Lola formula atlantic car -- WOW. There is no way to describe it to someone. The only issue I can see here is someone going crazy in the bush with it. That's what has happened to me and now I have a broken back.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:15 pm 

update to this project:
The pilot is still almost a year and a half later at Dave Co house getting the kit installed. Without going into personal details it is still a work in progress and hoping to get it back sometime this year. I have not progressed on the rebuild of the 500 Engine, etc due to this slight delay. I have had power steering installed on the pilot, the roll cage completely redone as well, and the front kit is installed to my knowledge already, the rear has has a delay but hoping to see it completed!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:24 pm 

Project is still at Dave-Co's compound awaiting completion of a suspension kit, installation of power steering and a NEW UPPER roll cage .

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:32 am 

Hoping to have this pilot back from Dave Co in the coming weeks. The project has not been completed and will need to be finished here due to my accident. I will be posting current pics and project thoughts when I get it back here.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:54 am 

here is the pilot in it's current state. The power steering has been installed, along with the entire long travel front end, shocks and all. Roll cage has been upgraded as well. Rear kit was not started, although both axles have been lengthened for the kit, i will have to do that myself.
i will post all new thread on the project for the rebuild of the long travel kit.

Attachments:
IMG_0471.JPG
IMG_0471.JPG [ 128.79 KiB | Viewed 14217 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:18 am 

Glad you finally got it back.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:22 pm 

Mud is that your first machine to have power steering?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:27 pm 

no it is my 3rd and i love it to death. makes trail riding a thing of beauty. ALso helps with fatigue big time after long day.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:30 pm 

fully wrote:
Glad you finally got it back.

yes thank you sad thing it is with dave and his health to be honest.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:42 pm 

pilot is going to be completely redone front to rear. not going to add more then that to a situation that's been brewing for well over a year. More to come in the trilogy of this pilot.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:56 pm 

Mudbogger wrote:
pilot is going to be completely redone front to rear. not going to add more then that to a situation that's been brewing for well over a year. More to come in the trilogy of this pilot.

Well that sucks :shock:
Reading between the lines sounds like you got hammered by dave,whether it was health related I don't know but either way sounds like you got :shock:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:36 pm 

TO ANSWER MANY PMS I have here about this Pilot, It is going to have to completely redone, it is poorly constructed, designed and 100% unsafe its a waste of time and my dollars. Thanks.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:27 am 

How did he butcher it?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:13 pm 

Sorry to here after others had issues. Nice to here your going to make it safe to enjoy.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:47 pm 

We'll fix all that.. maybe even do a few things that haven't been done yet :)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:58 pm 

cruz_01 wrote:
How did he butcher it?

Look at the pictures close if you can everything that was performed is bent, incorrect angles, poor workmanship to be kind. Its a real shame as i love my first pilot that was done by him but this one is complete junk nothing is uniform, from the arms to the angled steering shaft.
Not going here to provide information to inflame this topic has been extremely hard on me but i spent thousands of dollars on this 2nd pilot and got nothing in return. If anybody from his side wishes to respond i encourage them too, i am sickened by the deal and really personally feel betrayed and in a sense ripped off.
Now i am too the understanding that Dave's health was poor at the time of my pilot project, i have also heard to the contrary, i also understand my parts i boight went to others who expressed displeasure in the kits provided, whatever the case this is a forum and i have a right to express my personal experiences.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:32 pm 

Pics to come.
Again i want to post the rebuilding of this and it starts with the current status. Again i am describing my pilot and what was done and will be done on it, you can take this thread for whats that's worth but it needs to be documented in case others are currently invovled with this gentleman or planning on it. You make your own decisions. I know what i have here and it is JUNK.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:37 pm 

love pics lol..its terrible the shit you have gone through the last few years..hopefully things are looking better for you now..i love the look of this pilot, cage is pretty nice, but if its not safe then it was all for nothing, i am looking forward to the progress on this pilot and how it turns out..

can you give us any details on whats to come for it..or is it top secret for now lol. glad to see your back in the game though, and hope your health is doing better as well

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:50 pm 

Currently top secret methodical has many many ideas which he has been working on, crazy stuff indeed.
Thanks for the kind words and methodical help on this project

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:08 pm 

Mudbogger wrote:
Currently top secret methodical has many many ideas which he has been working on, crazy stuff indeed.
Thanks for the kind words and methodical help on this project

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:40 am 

Following...

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next