Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:40 am 

Well I have not taken many photos but here are a few. My dad bought this in 1985 and I now have it. My son loves green so he gets green. I was kind of no its a Honda but what the heck, it's still a Honda. We are going through it now with help of others here. I have a second FL350 on the way. I traded a truck for it so I can go play too! I will be painting mine orange and black with the 01 in the side... Dukes look. Not sure if Im going to drop in the larger Engine or not.Image Image I have most of the new parts but its cold outside. I need to put new U joints on. and start painting the other items black... I may add a candy coat to the green it but not sure it's worth it as this stuff gets thrashed.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: My new build.
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:07 am 

You get your parts for the Engine yet?

Your bottom end sitting on my bench is getting lonely ha ha. No rush, just curious.

Rand

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:48 pm 

Randman wrote:
You get your parts for the Engine yet?

Your bottom end sitting on my bench is getting lonely ha ha. No rush, just curious.

Rand
I have all the parts. just waiting on the cylinder. lost in the snow???? we shall be ready in 2 weeks.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:53 pm 

Maybe I will have the other oddy by then. Stupid ca court system sitting on my papers. As soon as i have them i will be trading for the other oddy. I'm going with orange and the dukes look.
Will the Alt on the oddy power the small led light bars?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:46 pm 

We didn't get pounded as bad as the weather man said we would. Roads are clear with only about 4 inches of snow in the yard.

Yes, the factory headlights are 12V x 25w each so as long as the light bar's power requirement doesn't exceed 50 watts it should work just fine.

Rand

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:21 pm 

The Engine cylinder should be back in a week or so. I guess they had a rush before mine got there and delayed it a week. No big deal. Is there anything else I should get? RTV? or anything else?
we still need to talk about what you were wanting in return. I need to work on the clutch.. I've been so busy...........

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:40 pm 

A suit case full of hundred dollar bills would be nice!

Shoot me a PM and we'll discuss it.

Rand

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:53 pm 

Randman wrote:
A suit case full of hundred dollar bills would be nice!

Shoot me a PM and we'll discuss it.

Rand

I can do that. Color or black and white bills?

the other oddy sits kind of weird. one side is at full extension and I cant get it to move even with me standing on the frame. The other side moves a little. The new one is going to be the General lee car. I need to make some push bumpers and side panels.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:46 am 

I'll take the green ones made out of parchment printed by the US government please! :-)

If you can't budge the rear suspension, it sounds like the rear shocks are seized. Unfortunately the replacement shocks are not cheap. Bring it by the house and I'll have a look at it.

Rand

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:19 pm 

it so cold outside... When? I can come by Fri or Sat. My new one is going to need lots of love. the tub plastic some how is more broken now than when i picked it up. I guess I may need to get some fabing tools LOL. sheet metal bender? maybe just go ghetto sand rail and use expanded metal. I could also fiberglass the thing over too... I was working on the clutch tonight and one roller is warn. The other 2 are perfect. I may need to rob peter to pay Paul I just doubt the new oddy is in better condition. I'm going to see if the local shop will fab some up. at least 4.

The new oddy looks like it needs ball joints. The rear tire alignment looks off some but could be nothing.. I imagine it needs ball bearings all around. I need to have one complete to figure out how to put it back together... I have found 2 parts that i don't know what they are for.. worries me.
Getting my son out to work is fun...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:34 pm 

Post up some pictures of the mystery parts. I bet guys can ID them. Better than a game of trivia.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:15 pm 

That busted tub may be easily fixable. Post a pic. I took my fenders and a tub to a local plastics company that makes tanks. It was expensive but they took totally destroyed fenders (after a crash) and fixed them like new.
Ball joints -- post pics please. They are fixable.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:44 am 

mcali2 wrote:
it so cold outside... When? I can come by Fri or Sat. My new one is going to need lots of love. the tub plastic some how is more broken now than when i picked it up. I guess I may need to get some fabing tools LOL. sheet metal bender? maybe just go ghetto sand rail and use expanded metal. I could also fiberglass the thing over too... I was working on the clutch tonight and one roller is warn. The other 2 are perfect. I may need to rob peter to pay Paul I just doubt the new oddy is in better condition. I'm going to see if the local shop will fab some up. at least 4.

The new oddy looks like it needs ball joints. The rear tire alignment looks off some but could be nothing.. I imagine it needs ball bearings all around. I need to have one complete to figure out how to put it back together... I have found 2 parts that i don't know what they are for.. worries me.

Did you order this new batch of snow crap? We had one week with nothing and now this white crap again. Some of the the mountains around here are already around 235% of normal snow fall. Stop the madness already!

You can bring stuff by on Saturday. I'll have a look at it..

Rand

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:15 pm 

Randman wrote:
mcali2 wrote:

Did you order this new batch of snow crap? We had one week with nothing and now this white crap again. Some of the the mountains around here are already around 235% of normal snow fall. Stop the madness already!

You can bring stuff by on Saturday. I'll have a look at it..

Rand

ok cool. I will come over.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:26 pm 

Latest work.

Working on the rear trailing arms. the axles are out at the local shop to swap the u joints.
The Engine is getting refreshed right now.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:34 am 

Hey Mike,

If you can, take a measurement of the diameter of the shock mounting hole in in the rear swing arm. I would like to source some bushings to use with the Fox air 2.0 & Works shocks.

Rand

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:29 pm 

The bolt diameter? as it would be the same as the hole.. ok

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:14 pm 

Yes the lower bolt outer diameter would do. The lower bolt to be used for the Works or the Fox 2.0 shocks is a 1/2" diameter. So..... The bushing size will be whatever the factory lower mounting outer diameter is and the inner diameter will be 1/2". The length of the bushing is going to be around 1/2".

Although there is nothing wrong with the Showa shocks I have on my new Ody now, I am going to pick up another set of Fox 2.0's for her and replace them.

Rand

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:39 pm 

Randman wrote:
Yes the lower bolt outer diameter would do. The lower bolt to be used for the Works or the Fox 2.0 shocks is a 1/2" diameter. So..... The bushing size will be whatever the factory lower mounting outer diameter is and the inner diameter will be 1/2". The length of the bushing is going to be around 1/2".

Although there is nothing wrong with the Showa shocks I have on my new Ody now, I am going to pick up another set of Fox 2.0's for her and replace them.

Rand

It is a 14mm bolt.

BOLT, FLANGE (14X175)
90134-VM0-770

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:40 am 

how is the Engine coming?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:14 am 

Still in the cleaning process. It doesn't take all that long if you need it soon.

Rand

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:52 am 

I'm still waiting on the u joints . I may just go buy a press and do it myself. probably cost about the same.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:14 am 

mcali2 wrote:
I'm still waiting on the u joints . I may just go buy a press and do it myself. probably cost about the same.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=17233&hilit=reamer

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:19 am 

Well I hope the ATV shop that has them knows that. They said no problem. another shop had them but they hed issues and was taking too long. I hope to get them back soon so I can get the rear end done. Then All i have left is puting the Engine back in and rebuilding the master cylinder and the carb.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:20 pm 

where di I get new snap rings for the u joint? I thought the u joints would come with them but I guess not. One axle has a twist in it I guess. making it hard to set the last cap. The can get it on but it will wear out faster.

Profile E-mail