Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:54 pm 

OK i don't have photos yet. I decided to start tearing it down to a certain point as to make sure i can look at something while putting the monster green build back together. This 350 is in more need of work than the green build. more rust, more bushings and seals needed. but it has a aftermarket seat cover that looks custom made . I'm going to go talk to a shop and see if they can make more of them and perhaps sell them , not for much just to cover my kids Harvard school bills LOL.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:00 am 

mcali2 wrote:
OK i don't have photos yet. I decided to start tearing it down to a certain point as to make sure i can look at something while putting the monster green build back together. This 350 is in more need of work than the green build. more rust, more bushings and seals needed. but it has a aftermarket seat cover that looks custom made . I'm going to go talk to a shop and see if they can make more of them and perhaps sell them , not for much just to cover my kids Harvard school bills LOL.

I am not trying to be negative here but just trying to save you investment in time and money.
There is a company already offering seat covers for both oddys. It's called wetokole. I got one. It cost $202 shipped. It is an American company and the quality is great. Here is the site: https://www.wetokole.com/FL350-400.html
I do have a thread of it somewhere.
Here is a pic of mine below.

Attachments:
20160216_180309.jpg
20160216_180309.jpg [ 41.48 KiB | Viewed 5239 times ]
20160216_182851.jpg
20160216_182851.jpg [ 37.46 KiB | Viewed 5239 times ]
20160216_183418.jpg
20160216_183418.jpg [ 58.37 KiB | Viewed 5239 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:46 am 

Nice. Thank you. I did not know about them. I could not find one so i was going to talk to a shop and have them make more to bring the cost down but not needed if they are made.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:59 pm 

Those seat covers are super nice! Thanks for sharing, what's the material of the cover?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:02 pm 

MGurgone40 wrote:
Those seat covers are super nice! Thanks for sharing, what's the material of the cover?

It's under water diving suit material

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:31 pm 

So i started demo of the new buggy that is in worse shape.... Man this thing has a list of stuff to do..... I will be working on the paint and front end first when its good i will go to the rear and remove everything. I am using this 350 to put the other one back together . A reminder of what goes where.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:59 pm 

Thanks again Canadian Oddy! I called and talked with a woman there and she had almost no idea about that seat cover. She had me send her pictures of my seat via email and haven't had a return call yet. Do you remember that seat cover being hard to order from them?
Mike

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:11 pm 

MGurgone40 wrote:
Thanks again Canadian Oddy! I called and talked with a woman there and she had almost no idea about that seat cover. She had me send her pictures of my seat via email and haven't had a return call yet. Do you remember that seat cover being hard to order from them?
Mike

I had no issues getting this seat cover. Great company.
Gota go to my email for info for you. Will get back to you in a bit.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:19 pm 

Here is my invoice:

Wet Okole Hawaii - Seat Covers
Invoice # 201611070 PO # 9458-mo

Shipping Information:
Name: Udo
Address: 63848 Baily Crescent
Hope, BC V0X 1L2 CA

Sales Person: Luke

Year Make Seat Type / Item Color1 Color2 Logo Unit Price
1985 HONDA Front - Single Lowback Bucket w/4 point harness holes 12 BLACK 12 BLACK Graphic 1 127.00
1985 HONDA Accessories - Full Piping - Bucket 15 RED 15 RED NONE 1 20.00
Subtotal: 147.00
Tax: 0.00
Shipping: 55.00
Total: 202.00

Thank you for your purchase of Wet Okole Hawaii Seat Covers. With your purchase comes the satisfaction that you have purchased a brand name product still manufactured in the USA. Wet Okole Hawaii Neoprene Seat Covers are the first of its kind and we are the only seat cover company that repairs its own product. Please review your order for information that may be incorrect on this order and change it immediately if it is wrong by contacting your sales person as listed above @ (888) 246-5653 immediately. If you cannot reach your sales person as listed above please feel free to ask for any of our talented sales staff and they will assist you. You will receive an email with a tracking numbers as soon as your product ships. Please allow up to 5 weeks to your door for product production and delivery.

Wet Okole Customer Service
(888) 246-5653
www.wetokole.com

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:23 pm 

Here is an email and reply I sent to customer service:

Hello Udo,

I am very happy to hear that. Thank you very much for the pictures and the compliments.

We will make sure to utilize the pictures. Thanks!

Kind Regards,

Christian Mijes

Wet Okole Hawaii Inc

1670 Sunflower Ave

Costa Mesa, CA 92626

(888)246-5653 Ext.12

8AM-5PM Tue-Fri

9AM-3:30PM Sat

Sent: Tuesday, February 16, 2016 7:49 PM
To: orderconfirmation@wetokole.com
Subject: Re: Your Wet Okole Seat Covers - Order# 201611070

Just installed my seat cover a few minutes ago and all I can say is awesome.

This is a very high quality good looking product.

I am enclosing some pictures which I authorize Wet Okole to use for advertising purposes.

Since the photos were taken in my shop you can photoshop the back ground out if you have to.

If you want better quality or different angle photo then send me an email.

Thanks folks, it looks great.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:28 pm 

I went to the website and it says this:
Product Details FL350 Single Seat (THIS CAN ONLY BE ORDER BY PHONE)

It looks like it is still available.
Ask the sales rep for their email and then cut and paste the browser link to the email and send it.
Or you could use my info above to give to the guy and maybe he can check for the info that he needs.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:47 pm 

If I remember right I think I had to get the guy to go to the website and tell him to type in: FL350-400.html at the end of their company web site.

By the way you can get a personal or other logo made onto the seat cover for a bit more $$.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:48 pm 

canadian oddy wrote:

Ask the sales rep for their email and then cut and paste the browser link to the email and send it.
Or you could use my info above to give to the guy and maybe he can check for the info that he needs.

Any idea if that cover fits the fl400 seat too?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:50 pm 

jcc wrote:
canadian oddy wrote:

Any idea if that cover fits the fl400 seat too?

Apparently is does. It says FL350 and 400 (quote) from site.
We are hijacking this thread. Make a new thread on it for anymore info please.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:44 am 

It's OK. I need to order them too and now I know what and where to do it.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:37 pm 

Crap this FL is a pile right now. Looks like it hit something hard the lower front shaft for the arm is slightly bent back. I don't think it will cause any issue really . Lots of rust, need new bushings, Master cylinder rebuild well wait Everything need rebuilt. I hope the trans is still good. Don't get me wrong , I like projects but I don't want to work all summer to just complete it. I need to make patterns for the side panels and make a mesh floor. I could get Rands tub buy not sire if I'm only delaying the future. 32 year old plastic breaks. Either way I need to move the 1/2 built buggies to higher ground in case it starts to flood. I have started removing paint and Will start welding tabs for the panels.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:28 am 

Well I wire wheeled for a hour to remove all the rust and old paint from the top section of the frame. Tossed on some etching primer.
I was going to toss on some orange paint but the weather is going to be wet it looks like. Part of my want to so a candy orange but I know it will get scratched up. I was going to get pics but lack of food pulled me in before I took them. I need to figure out how to mount my ar15 to the buggy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:44 am 

mcali2 wrote:
Well I wire wheeled for a hour to remove all the rust and old paint from the top section of the frame. Tossed on some etching primer.
I was going to toss on some orange paint but the weather is going to be wet it looks like. Part of my want to so a candy orange but I know it will get scratched up. I was going to get pics but lack of food pulled me in before I took them. I need to figure out how to mount my ar15 to the buggy.

I took mine to a sandblasting outfit. Cost me about $150 if I remember right.
Mounting a rifle was an issue for us as well. I just put one in a soft sleeve and put it beside me on the left. I use a tie down to hold it to the side bar. Works well but it does cramp the cockpit a bit.
If your tub is cracked I would take it to a plastics shop. They welded our plastic fenders together several times but it is pricey. If you don't have a tub then you got to make one out of sheet metal. I was thinking about making a vacuum former but lost interest. I went through all the motions of gathering info. I think it would be easy to replicate the original foot tub but it would not be Honda quality. I was thinking of using my spare tub as a plug and then just forming into it. Plastic thickness would be 1/16" which might be a little thin but I think it could be done. Was gona do fenders too. Just gave up, I lost interest because we don't run fenders anymore. All you need is plastic side skirts so it killed the project for me.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:03 am 

I can get a tub from rand. I may fiberglass the fenders to make them stronger. I don't know. I like them but not sure if I need them.
My tub was cracked and I just cut it out.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:43 am 

The top of the cage is all done. I took it down to steel and repainted it. I used orange Engine high temp paint. I hope it holds up well. If i had the time and money it would be best to powder coat but in the end its about driving and getting dirty not showing it off.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 12:49 am 

Nothing changed here but i have gathered many parts. The rebuild of this toy is going to be a loss for sure. but the fun should cover the money.
I did go buy a new 2017 Polaris rzr 4 xps turbo. 168 Hp of fun... I got it home and it broke 300' away from the trailer.... Oh well I still have a buggy i can use. As soon as I fix it......

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:40 am 

I pulled the Engine yesterday. Man this unit is in need of work. wiring is hacked up... I need to drop this one off soon. I have to see about he piston and cylinder too.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:03 pm 

rand, will you be around this friday morning? I like to drop off the Engine and check it out. See If I need new pistons and cylinder work.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:33 am 

mcali2 wrote:
Nothing changed here but i have gathered many parts. The rebuild of this toy is going to be a loss for sure. but the fun should cover the money.
I did go buy a new 2017 Polaris rzr 4 xps turbo. 168 Hp of fun... I got it home and it broke 300' away from the trailer.... Oh well I still have a buggy i can use. As soon as I fix it......

WTH tell us more about the RZR breaking.. Hope all is better now

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:48 pm 

mcali2 wrote:
rand, will you be around this friday morning? I like to drop off the Engine and check it out. See If I need new pistons and cylinder work.

I'm on vacation this week so yes I will be here. Just let me know around what time you are going to be here.

Rand

Profile E-mail