Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Project 440 Transplant
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 11:00 am 

Here is my 440 project.

http://pilotodyssey.com/new440.htm

Should I move them all here or just use this link?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 11:18 am 

Hey Hoser, great category addition!!

Now if I had a project.......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 11:19 am 

Drakman wrote:
Hey Hoser, great category addition!!

Now if I had a project.......

Soon as you take delivery of them two new Drakarts you will have 2 projects?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 11:31 am 

Yes we will. We are putting electric shifters on them and the original bike gauges. At this point we have one spare Engine, two spare wiring harnesses, and three original bike gauges. BTW, redline on these things is 14,000.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 11:44 am 

Drakman wrote:
Yes we will. We are putting electric shifters on them and the original bike gauges. At this point we have one spare Engine, two spare wiring harnesses, and three original bike gauges. BTW, redline on these things is 14,000.

I figured you would be doing something to them make sure to document it here for future Drakart owners...

You get spare electronic ignitions, brain boxes etc. too? I would try them to ensure they work before you need them.

14k woohoo I bet that sounds sweet.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 11:52 am 

Drakman wrote:

drakman, I am going thru the process of wiring now, money is tight for me, but there is a place that will rebuild the wiring harness for you, 150 bux, and add the guages for another 15 bux. now only if i can find the link....

http://hyperracing.com/default.asp

i guess there is a bunch of anti theft and kickstand switch thatr needs resistors ect, i got a electricl guru helping me out, well he is in wa, but i have him to ask etc, would be far easier to have hper do no doubt, and that may just happen yet...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 12:08 pm 

Good link bugpac, I'll look around on it.

Alain will send them with the harness installed, we just want spares for everything we think might go wrong.

The site mentioned harnesses that don't have the 'common mistakes that rob power', that sure has me wondering.

The spare Engine came with a harness, and lots of electronics, we will just have to figure out what they all are.

The tachs have 3" faces, so they should be OK to see. There are several other functions on them, don't know how many of them we can make work.

To test the spares, I suppose we would install them in a working machine and see how they work?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 12:15 pm 

Drakman wrote:
Good link bugpac, I'll look around on it.

Alain will send them with the harness installed, we just want spares for everything we think might go wrong.

The site mentioned harnesses that don't have the 'common mistakes that rob power', that sure has me wondering.

The spare Engine came with a harness, and lots of electronics, we will just have to figure out what they all are.

The tachs have 3" faces, so they should be OK to see. There are several other functions on them, don't know how many of them we can make work.

To test the spares, I suppose we would install them in a working machine and see how they work?

most likely alain has eliminated the wiring for the gauges, tho it can be put back in, wouldn't surprise me if he send the harnesss to the link, lol..not sure about the power robbing bit there, i think that part is a bit bs, but i may be wrong, not sure if you paid for gauges or aquired, but i have 150.00 bux into geting a gauge for mine, i am using stock gauge as well, most likely you will never look at the tach when hammering the throttle, but stock gauges have diagnostics with them, Engine light to say, i also am using stock fuel pump, and my gas gauge will work, but my pump is in a seperate 1 gallon pod, so when it starts to move i know i only got 1 gallon left till empty..lol... i have and can get real easy access to wiring diagram if you need, i know a few guys that have them for your Engine... sorry bout the hijack hoser, looks like drakman has a project just in 3 or four posts...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 12:26 pm 

I believe Alain does his own harenesses, I saw him working on one last time I was out there. I asked him not to strip ours down so that we can use the mini harness for the gauges. We got the spare harnesses in case something goes wrong or gets damaged.

We did get the diagrams, but then, I really don't know what I am looking at.

We got lucky on the gauges, paid 130 for one, 85 for the second and 60 for the third, based on the declining value/cost, the next one should almost be free.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 12:32 pm 

ya, i have been told they are fairly simple to do, problem is i have very few patients sometimes.. but my plan as of now is to use the stock harness modafied by me.. that's cool he is leaving the gauge plug, you might just have to add to it for get the length you want.. my plan is to put harness in car in original form, then modify the plugs etc to hear run, after i have everything working i will then modify the length etc... cant wait to see the new draks, i really like the cars, from what i have seen the only thing i don't like is the rear suspension 3 link, i originally tried to set my car up like that, but i also didnt have geometry corrected as he probbaly does... good luck someday we ride together all of us maybe...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:25 pm 

Power rob?

746 WATTS + 1 HP so add up all your extra crapola, lights, tach, a/c, fan, power windows, electric seat warmers, anything not needed to run the Engine I doubt you will total 1hp loss in Engine power,

You cant count the morons I have run into that wont run the lights on their quads bikes ATV's because of the power loss, years ago I had a tech article where they tested the Banshee and TRX250R on a DYNO lights on and off and could not detect ANY POWER LOSS!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 4:46 pm 

hoser wrote:
Power rob?

746 WATTS + 1 HP so add up all your extra crapola, lights, tach, a/c, fan, power windows, electric seat warmers, anything not needed to run the Engine I doubt you will total 1hp loss in Engine power,

You cant count the morons I have run into that wont run the lights on their quads bikes ATV's because of the power loss, years ago I had a tech article where they tested the Banshee and TRX250R on a DYNO lights on and off and could not detect ANY POWER LOSS!

Yeah, I don't really know what they are talking about, I thought maybe it was something that might cause the Engine to not develop the power it is normally capable of, something like an incorrect ground, do you think they are actually talking about a tiny bit of electrical power usage?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 4:58 pm 

maybe it is the air temp sensor that generally mounts in the airbox, verify alain put one of these on your cars, that's the only thing i can think of, hyper has a billet filter kit, if you look close you can see they mount the sensor outside close to the filter, some people don't do that they just eliminate it all together...

hoser maybe you move this in drakmans topic, hate to keep hijacking yours, but if you don't mind, we will keep jacking, haha

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 5:06 pm 

Maybe that is what some of those racers do, but on the Drakart, it comes with the original airbox, so I would think he hooks it, but will check to be sure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 5:16 pm 

ya most likely he is using it, but the hyper guys are probbaly refering to that or something alomg that line, sounds like you should be all set to go right from alain, just plug in the tach and make longer and ride....i didnt get stock box with mine, i am using pod filters, and mounting the sensor in between 2 and 3 filters, then i am making a strap that guarantees filter wont pop off, the hyper filter is like 250 bux. if i had stock box i would probbaly use it... so when is the delivery date?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 5:27 pm 

They are supposed to be done in two or three weeks.