Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:56 pm 

2 NEWEST ADDITIONS TO THE FLEET-gonna be sweet deal when they get here!!

Attachments:
File comment: 85 350x atc, need alittle tlc, but all there.
DSCF0078.jpg
DSCF0078.jpg [ 65.37 KiB | Viewed 8704 times ]
File comment: 2nd 350x atc,also in good shape
DSCF0081.jpg
DSCF0081.jpg [ 72.71 KiB | Viewed 8704 times ]
File comment: This 1 is gonna need frame, but I already have 1 with title here.
DSCF0061.jpg
DSCF0061.jpg [ 100.92 KiB | Viewed 8703 times ]
File comment: ALL STOCK FROM FACTORY.
DSCF0073.jpg
DSCF0073.jpg [ 84.27 KiB | Viewed 8703 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:16 am 

Hey Greg,you really are going all out for christmas. How about giving me Father Christmas's direct mobile phone number...I wont tell anyone else.Baz

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 8:46 pm 

OH, man that's top secret, you really need it?

Wanted to let everyone know I used the link on Hosers main page for a shipper for these, Intercity transport was the cheapest-I called and the next day they were there to pick them up, and gave me a discount for multiple items as well.!!
I highly recommend them.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:04 pm 

Did they make you crate them? Forward Air now requires a plywood covered crate if you don't rent one of their all steel (heavy) motorcycle containers. Thier motorcycle containers are only 48" wide, to narrow for a pilot unless you take the front a-arms off or at least take some stuff apart..

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:09 pm 

Nope, they just ask that you have the tires inflated and they roll, you do NOT have to even drain the fuel!!!They will roll them in the truck and off into your garage, etc for you, I was totally surprised when they told me that but it was the truth.No crating, pallet, etc they take them as they are, great company lightning fast too, took 3 days from MI to NJ door to door.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:31 pm 

Mudbogger wrote:
Nope, they just ask that you have the tires inflated and they roll, you do NOT have to even drain the fuel!!!They will roll them in the truck and off into your garage, etc for you, I was totally surprised when they told me that but it was the truth.No crating, pallet, etc they take them as they are, great company lightning fast too, took 3 days from MI to NJ door to door.

But wait until you see them :shock: hope they don't ship like UPS lmao

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:36 am 

I can vouch, my 250 didnt have one scratch. did have rat bites tho O_o

Post subject: Shipping
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:57 am 

Mud, Too bad you couldn't have waited a couple weeks... I coulda brung them to NJ inside my enclosed trailer for you..... would have saved you a few $$$ for the holidays.

Pilotman Shipping Co.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:13 pm 

wow, that link wasn't on the home page!!
do you have insurance?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: insurance
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:01 pm 

Sure... Insurance provide by S&W. Never had an angry customer live to tell about it... $1.25/mile no questions asked...

Pillotman

Attachments:
truck.jpeg
truck.jpeg [ 21.59 KiB | Viewed 8579 times ]

Post subject: Re: insurance
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 6:57 pm 

Pilotman wrote:
Sure... Insurance provide by S&W. Never had an angry customer live to tell about it... $1.25/mile no questions asked...

Pillotman

Pman... That is a sharp old "K" wopper!!!

Attachments:
File comment: I wish mine was that sharp...
DSCF0637.JPG
DSCF0637.JPG [ 43.92 KiB | Viewed 8554 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:30 pm 

that looks like the rig from the TV show BJ and the Bear-remember that show?
that old KW with the ejector seat will go over the road for 1.25 a mile-thats cheap!!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:43 pm 

Update on these 2 projects:
#1 350x has bad frame(see pictures), located and purchased new frame with title from 3 wheeler boards-I checked the compression out, it is at 175-stock is 178 warm,so I'll leave this motoe alone for the time being, it doesnt smoke at all, the valves may need adjustments but that's it.Went and purchased a DG full exhaust, DG grab bar, Renthal Bars,RAD manufacturing double bearing carrier,DURABLUE axle lock nut,Sidewinder front and rear sprockets with chain set(set great looking btw)and a new set of Maier plastics.I will strip this one down in the coming weeks while the Pilot is at Powdercoater.
#2 350x has some issues-currently the compression is low, smokes at start up, has many seals that are leaking on the motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )), and the rear carrier bearings are walloped. I am thinking of doing this motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) over with a 10:5-1 piston, cut flywheel, cams, valves, and a 400ex carb(which is a Keihin).Also the wire harness is in bad shape,sprockets and chain are toasted, the tank too is very rusted inside, I don't think it can be saved but I will look into it before selling on Ebay.It will need new plastics as well, but overall is in great shape, I do believe the sellers statment that he was second owner, they appear to have adult owned.I luckily have many unused new OEM parts leftover from my first 350x restoration job(see pictures on other thread)that I will use here, including carrier bearings, seals, headlights, fork seals, and many others as well.This project is going to sit for a while, I have 3 currently going and the cold weahter is here, so it sits for now.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:01 am 

How about using the POR 15 on the tank?

http://www.stoprust.net/Fuel-System-ord ... 1-c-8.html

http://www.stoprust.net/POR-15-Fuel-Tan ... -p-49.html

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:33 pm 

Oh sweet deal, thanks Hoser, I would like to keep the stock as it is metal, the aftermarket 1's are plastic and the OEM decals wont stick to it at all.Have you ever tryed it to date by chance-I have used the por-15 on truck bodies, but never on a fuel system.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:01 am 

Mudbogger wrote:
Oh sweet deal, thanks Hoser, I would like to keep the stock as it is metal, the aftermarket 1's are plastic and the OEM decals wont stick to it at all.Have you ever tryed it to date by chance-I have used the por-15 on truck bodies, but never on a fuel system.

I haven't used it but have heard others have and had good luck, no complaints so far...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:16 pm 

I did go ahead and purchase some of it for my projects-I'll try it out in the coming weeks, these projects are currently stalled as I have too much on my plate currently, 2 350 restores, 1 250 fix up job and the Pilot currently.
I did go ahead and research on exhausts, axles, rears, motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) rebuilders for 1 of them, details in the coming weeks.I had no idea that SUPERTRAPP, still made exhausts for these rides-

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:00 pm 

Update-the 250 odyssey job has been completed, and it is gone to owners kids house.I began the stripping of 1 of the 350x atc last week, the status is this, the frame is down to a bare metal, it has too many cracks etc for use again, it is junk, I sent the front forks out to local delaership for seal,spring and oil change as I want to use PROGRESSIVES in there, the stock don't go well with me.motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) is out and cleaned up, but it need to have a look over(low compression-numerous seal leaks, vavles rapping, may need cam gear as well).Swingarm bearings, seals all shot,so they will need replacing as well as the sprockets and chains too, the swingarm is gonna go out to powdercoat too-along with triple trees, Engine brackets and mounts,assorted little clamps,and a new frame I bought off Ebay with NJ TITLE is going to be on the table.Rear shcok is a used but "HOSER ENHANCED"PROGRESSIVE spring on stock shaft that bolt in, rear caliper needs seal replacment as well.axle, hubs etc will stay stock as well as the rims and tires they are OHATSU'S AND IN GOOD SHAPE-.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:13 am 

BOTH SOLD DEC 2012

Profile E-mail