Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Pilot rev-limit?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:55 am 

Is 7400 rpm the limit set for the Pilot-stock?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:23 am 

I had takled to dennis at ls and I thought he said it was around 7000 or 7200. Does the rev kill post at page header say? If your running the alt put in ten disc and youll hit it. When I ran an alt we tryed 10 disc and it hit the rev limiter and sounded like it was running rich ( not cleaning out). put in 11 and it claened out then settled for 12 for full run out. That pilot had bump in comp to 165 with boyseen reed ,reed spacer and lrd pipe( it was the only avalible at the time, power pipe good up to 7000) and air box mod. if memory serves me right that was in 1991. I do belive they sell new CDI (Capacitor Discharge Ignition)'s with the rev deleted or the rev kill post to do it your self. With ten and eleven disc it would wheel stand on dirt and with twelve it would pull front off ground. that's why I settled for 12 also not to generate too much wheel spin out of the cornors lifting the front causing me to back peddle. This is also why I know use the hrd. it seam to pull harder off the line with out wheel standing( quick up shifting, no wheely) and pull stronger off the cornors letting me get into to gas sooner mid cornor with out pushing over the bearm( lifting front by being in too low of gear).
Darn time to go refill my coffe cup. That front end sure look good and those axix shock not bad either, did you get clickers with them and stick with the single rate springs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:32 am 

Full cup and shasame, It hit me. dennis ask me if i altered my CDI (Capacitor Discharge Ignition) and I said no. Both my tachs( digatel and anolg) say I'm running 7400 to 7600 on top. If my tachs are wrong all my theroy is off. I sure hope it ( CDI (Capacitor Discharge Ignition)) was modified before I bought in in 2000. I will now afto order a new CDI (Capacitor Discharge Ignition) and bolt it up to see if I hit it or my tachs are not reading right. Man you know how hours of material I have lodged with that CDI (Capacitor Discharge Ignition) unit, more beer than I care to do over. My have to put DCP ( Drakart Chasing Project) project on hold untill I prove or disprove theroy. Darnit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:35 am 

I have done searches and come up with diff rpm's, nothing positive. 7,ooo to 7,4oo?
I hope to be buying a Kart tach tomorrow, used for $80, new around Aus$160 :shock: :shock:
The front shocks are Fox 2.0 with Axis covers.
The rears are Axis with the 8 Pos click detents. They are excellent shocks. I have done approx 13m long by 2-2.5m high jumps and it lands like a cat! :-) :shock: All the power in the world is useless ,unless you can transfer and harness it to traction.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:36 am 

I meant to ask you Baz did your secert squirl racing mod come in the mail yet. You posed a teaser, I got the point. I also rode with ED at LS in Oklahamo as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:41 am 

adnoh wrote:
I meant to ask you Baz did your secert squirl racing mod come in the mail yet. You posed a teaser, I got the point. I also rode with ED at LS in Oklahamo as well.

Hmmm! You know too much! Grasshopper! :shock: :-)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:08 pm 

I started useing a tiny tach for single cylinder operation that wraped around the plug wire. It's also a hr meter. $30.00 us. and use a barons harley tach as my analog that runs of the coil $ 185.00 us. The tiny tach was helpful in engagment speed and logging use but the barons is more rsponsive to throttle position without lag in reading. MUMS the word master. Your teaser you posted reminded me. Ture story on traction. I use the cheap works which is ok. The new DCP set up will require long travle.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:11 pm 

I commented before on this and there would have been a lynching if I wasn’t on the back side of the planet at the time. Did I learn? No. The spec says the rev limiter is set to 7800 +/- 200 rpm. Most people say they only see 72~7400 rpm when the limiter cuts in. You can not measure the rpm from the plug wire when the limiter cuts in, the r’s drop down well below the upper limit and a mechanical tack is not accurate.

Don’t believe me if you like, say what you like. It is what the spec says. The spec also says the durability is to use 8k as the upped limit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:21 pm 

Thanks for that Lee! :-)
That's the answer I was looking for.
Lynching? :shock: WOW! The PO Mob are a passionate bunch! are'nt they? :-)
Cheers Baz.
If it's too dangerous there Lee, come live Downunder with me. :-)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:57 pm 

Now that’s an offer. My wife has a university degree in extractive metallurgy (processing minerals in a mine in plane English), think they’ll let us in? I could be a layabout husband.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:03 pm 

West Aust-my state- is screaming for Pro people, especially in the Mining and Minerals sector.
We are supplying all the iron ore and other minerals,LPG etc to fuel the Chinese Manuf Ind.
They would be mad :shock: not to allow you in. Plus your Honda Pilot Junkies! :-) How can they refuse? :-)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:06 pm 

Dang Chinese are sucking up everything metallic.

Copper and aluminum wire has been going through the roof last couple of years.

Wonder how bad it'll be over there when the boom stops?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 5:55 pm 

Thanks lee. I now can get back to work. Max piston speed does compute to around 8,000 no need to go further it will just spin or break. If the mech tach reading 7600 that will tell me from what you posted I most likley I'am pushing it to the rev limiter of 7800 + or - 200 and expect no more and will work on clutching to gain speed on the drakarts. I will swaps the 90 onto 89 for test, the 90 I bought brand new so know it's not been altered. Any recomendations on better more accurate reading tach? I did kinda feel like I got scoulded. Being a probie its ok I'am used to the smack on the head.