Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:32 pm 

I thought others had problems getting them to seal?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:40 pm 

I asked him(Bones)specifically that question and are awaiting a reply back, we did however go over that issue quickly and he stated perhaps the wrong tire was used-although he says most will fit I do think he made mention some will not fit.I'll post reply asap.Wonder if they(the rims) are blems?I should ship them out to them and see if that may be the case, I never see these rims on any machines anywhere and if my memory serves me correctly there were quite a few who purchased these right?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:59 pm 

Got reply back from Bones:

Mudbogger,
I've always had great luck with the Maxxis Razr2 tires. They seem to have a very long tread life and excellent puncture resistance.

Now, the sealing issues you have had have been on the beadlock side, right? The reason I ask is that I have found on more cases than I can count where a customer was using an ITP tire that just wouldn't hold air. It happens because of the way the mold is made for the tire. It leaves little air passages that on the non beadlocked side of the rim can cause a slow leak. Not that this couldn't happen on other tire brands, I have just seen it most on ITP.

However, I have also seen some of the newer MX tires where the bead bundle is so small that the beadlock cannot clamp tight enought to seal it. This is very unusual, and I have only seen a few tires that are that way.

Let me know what tire you ran in the past so I can put it on my list of problematic tires.

Take care,
Bones

Daraugh "Bones" Flynn
OMF Performance Products
9860 Indiana Ave., Unit #17
Riverside, CA 92503
Phone - (951) 354-8272
Fax - (951) 354-8599

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:46 am 

Turbotexas........the term joggle refers to the dimension on a beadlock rim between the clamping ring and the fixed ring.

Mud, they can machine different clamping rings for you to adjust the joggle dimension......Bones has done this for me. However, it had no affect on my problem of losing air slowly. Like he said its not so much a function of bead bundle thickness but more the shape. My advice to you is to buy what ever tire you want and put tubes in. that's what I did and I have had no issue since. The only real down side is increased weight/tire.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:06 am 

moregoodlier wrote:
Turbotexas........the term joggle refers to the dimension on a beadlock rim between the clamping ring and the fixed ring.

Mud, they can machine different clamping rings for you to adjust the joggle dimension......Bones has done this for me. However, it had no affect on my problem of losing air slowly. Like he said its not so much a function of bead bundle thickness but more the shape. My advice to you is to buy what ever tire you want and put tubes in. that's what I did and I have had no issue since. The only real down side is increased weight/tire.

It sounds like a mating issue, you cant buff the sealing area smooth so it will seal?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:53 am 

Slime it!!!
works good on the beads...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 4:36 pm 

After much conflict-I just went with the Douglass red dots and a set of Carlisles front and rear, have wanted to try them for some time and Rcky Mtn had them on a closeout special so I bought them.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:06 pm 

This item may be for sale-PM ME if interested.I would be asking a fair price for it (in my eyes at least)as I have a ton of money into it currently.serious inquires only please.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:36 pm 

That would be like going back in time and purchasing one from the showroom floor!!!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:04 pm 

Turbotexas wrote:
That would be like going back in time and purchasing one from the showroom floor!!!

It is in near perfect shape, it needs the front master cylinder rebuilt -thats it.Jetting of coarse and tightening of all bolts after first ride is a must.I can assist in shipping as well as I have used many a company-LOL.

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7