Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 402 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 17  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:08 pm 

hoser wrote:
We had talked about problem with the tie rod sliding through the hiem, here is a picture of my tie rod on my Pilot you can see where the paint has been chipped and worn away (yellow arrows) by flying debris even though I have a skid plate that extends wider than the frame rails (green arrows) look at the distance from the steering colum (blue arrows) well into the area where mutts hiem joint mounts, 95% of the riding I have done since I last painted my tie rods has been sand, hopefully next trip I will be able to log a few hundred desert miles to see what kind of rock damage I get.

That being said what does common sence tell you, that is if you have any :-)

That you should powder-coat your stuff like Mudbogger???LOL
O r just put this sum biotch in the shed and quit riding it... Qiuite honestly after installing this crap it is no longer a joy to ride... YI shouldn't be scared of this Toy sas I have become!!! Especially since I have learned I am not the only one to have the "lock-up at speed" problem... Maybe I can figure out how to mimic what BF34 has done on his...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:31 pm 

No offense... but if your scared of it, then take it off and sell it on eBay.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:44 pm 

Twilight wrote:

LOL yeah that will fix it .

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:55 pm 

Turbo, back from denver. did some reading on thermal dynamics to help me understand the problem. I know "H" said it's in the hiem joint which I also belive is part of the issue. the rod damage is a rusult of the hiem being stressed. When all the molaculs in the heim joint start jumping around it swells and transfers that stress to the rod. The rod itself has no thermal loading effect since it runs two directions. According to first law running two direction cancle out rod lenght flow. Know saying that I put attention to position of rod as it travles thru the hiem when turning. The length is directioanal porportionaly to the stress angle in degrees. To say when the rod is at it max travle distance when wheels are cocked the stress agle in degrees is greater causeing higher stress to the hiem transfering that stress to the rod. Now compound that by force against gravity caused by moton and weight transfer the hiem is futhure srtessed and transfers the thermal load to the rod. When the rod now travled back on the oppisate direction it is coming in contact with the cooler part of the rod which is cauing the siezure when going straight. Please keep in mind this only theroy based on reading and picture posted. I would like to see pictures of the damaged rods to see if the theroy is correct. What Iam looking for is damage at each end of rod where it maxed out rioght to left then back 1 to 2 inches. if the damage is in this area then maybe my theroy is correct. There also should be strage pattern on rod where in netural posiotion. to fix would require what "H" said. maybe using that heim to hold new plate that the two new tie rod end can be bolted to. The stress would be applied to hiem in a circular motion rather than a lineier motion reducing side force loading. Just a thought. the angle of the tie rods would also need to be considered to reduce bump steer. to reduce this the angle should be as close to the arm angle lenght in degrees as possible. I say keep it as clean as you can and ride, keeping in mind it's a high mantiance item.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:10 pm 

Twilight wrote:

I was brought up different than that Twilight... I wouldn't GIVE this to someone... I believe it is very flawed and dangerous... I am stubborn though, So I will continue to try to figure a better way to make this work... or let it go to waste like the POS Chinese go-kart I foolishly bought... but no I won't "pass on" my problems, just not my style...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:26 pm 

Richard, Thank you for your input!! I can't spare the time right now gotta make some $$$ BUT NEXT TIME i TAKE SOME TIME OFF i'LL TEAR INTO THIS AND FIRST REPLACE THE BENT BALL JOINTS. chucklenuts at aftershot motorspurts (OOPPS) never sent me any replacements??? I will then start trimming the lawyer links as per LEE's post... I will photo-document what I find... I have another thread that has pcs of the steel links I was originally sent that show the wear you are refering to!! just from 10-15 minutes of riding in my yard, then getting strapped to the trailer for a 2500 mile trip... I secure th Ody where there is no free-movement of the steering wheel. JUst as I would any load... I ca't drive down the road with stuff bouncing around back there!!! LOL

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:23 pm 

Some pics of the rods...
The High Maintenance I don't mind... This think has some maintanence requirements, buut these bring a feeling of satisfaction when completed this is a never ending story... Thus far...
I am hoping for a warm spell in withita soon I might drie up there and let you show me how to tune the shocks, and put your hands on this and see what you canfigure out...

adnoh wrote:
Turbo, back from denver. did some reading on thermal dynamics to help me understand the problem. I know "H" said it's in the hiem joint which I also belive is part of the issue. the rod damage is a rusult of the hiem being stressed. When all the molaculs in the heim joint start jumping around it swells and transfers that stress to the rod. The rod itself has no thermal loading effect since it runs two directions. According to first law running two direction cancle out rod lenght flow. Know saying that I put attention to position of rod as it travles thru the hiem when turning. The length is directioanal porportionaly to the stress angle in degrees. To say when the rod is at it max travle distance when wheels are cocked the stress agle in degrees is greater causeing higher stress to the hiem transfering that stress to the rod. Now compound that by force against gravity caused by moton and weight transfer the hiem is futhure srtessed and transfers the thermal load to the rod. When the rod now travled back on the oppisate direction it is coming in contact with the cooler part of the rod which is cauing the siezure when going straight. Please keep in mind this only theroy based on reading and picture posted. I would like to see pictures of the damaged rods to see if the theroy is correct. What Iam looking for is damage at each end of rod where it maxed out rioght to left then back 1 to 2 inches. if the damage is in this area then maybe my theroy is correct. There also should be strage pattern on rod where in netural posiotion. to fix would require what "H" said. maybe using that heim to hold new plate that the two new tie rod end can be bolted to. The stress would be applied to hiem in a circular motion rather than a lineier motion reducing side force loading. Just a thought. the angle of the tie rods would also need to be considered to reduce bump steer. to reduce this the angle should be as close to the arm angle lenght in degrees as possible. I say keep it as clean as you can and ride, keeping in mind it's a high mantiance item.

Attachments:
linkwear001.JPG
linkwear001.JPG [ 37.03 KiB | Viewed 7468 times ]
linkwear002.JPG
linkwear002.JPG [ 28.9 KiB | Viewed 7468 times ]
linkwear003.JPG
linkwear003.JPG [ 28.2 KiB | Viewed 7468 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:16 pm 

chucklenuts at aftershot motorspurts is back at it??? the sckitzo is back to bashing again!!!
http://p081.ezboard.com/fmikespilotando ... 3286.topic
Why???

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:10 pm 

Turbotexas wrote:
chucklenuts at aftershot motorspurts is back at it??? the sckitzo is back to bashing again!!!
Why???

Your seeing his same old song and dance, quite business like, professional, if he spent more time thinking and listening than he does flapping his big yap try to defend all his mistakes then he would have nice products not jokes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9epoTz5pfm0 people would look UP to him not DOWN on him, people would say GOOD things about him not BAD and he would not have to tell LIE after LIE after LIE after LIE after LIE, he would be welcome every place he wanted to go..... He is not allowed here because of the above, he is BAD for the Pilot Odyssey community, since day one he has lied to the general public for personal gain, he has put peoples life at risk with his stupid, poorly design products.

His understanding of things mechanical have become legendary, "lawyer links" bumpers, nerfs, NINE THOUSANDTHS piston to cylinder clearance, the Drakarts having the axles angled forward because it gives better traction etc. LMAO hello he is a mental moron, I feel so sorry for anybody that cant see this!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:03 pm 

Turbo, did that guy help you out at all?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:58 pm 

Twilight wrote:
Turbo, did that guy help you out at all?

Twilight I have only had one day to ride the ody since Thanksgiving weekend... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suAPlqe0w5QSince then I have had my Truck lose a $3600.00 rear end, I had to spend a fortune on my sons bike to get it race ready. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mpl36iOkHmY and then We lost the motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) in the first moto... So I was only able to get his bike tore down and find the cause of his problem, before I had to leave town again.
Today I had to spend $1200.00 for a simple $150.00 sensor... It took the first idiot $550.00 to tell me he couldn't fix my truck, and a second tow bill to a Rush Peterbilt dealer in Poco Riveria,CA to get it fixed right for $665.00 So I have not even had the chance or the time to look cross-eyed at my Ody since last year...
I do Appreciate the PM that you sent with Jeff Davis's contact info, but I have not had the time...

David

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:35 am 

I guess he has his reasons for dragging this out in public again?
My Father always taught me, as I teach my son, "When People have to downgrade or Badmouth Someone it is always an attempt to distract negative attention toward their own short-comings!"
I am still wondering what Mudbogger and ATVRacing have to do with his discusions regarding me???
His tactics and whining have gotten me Banned from the other board, which upset me. I had several friends/aquaintances in California I had looked forward to meeting!!! That board was always a "social meeting place and this board was the ONLY place to go for Technical advise!!! BUT I guess I was not helped because I also visited with many great friends on this board??? He claims we ALL have nothing to do but bash him, but he is the one who once again out of nowhere starts this again???
I hope his physician can get his Medication back under control!!!

hoser wrote:
Turbotexas wrote:
Why???

Your seeing his same old song and dance, quite business like, professional, if he spent more time thinking and listening than he does flapping his big yap try to defend all his mistakes then he would have nice products not jokes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9epoTz5pfm0 people would look UP to him not DOWN on him, people would say GOOD things about him not BAD and he would not have to tell LIE after LIE after LIE after LIE after LIE, he would be welcome every place he wanted to go..... He is not allowed here because of the above, he is BAD for the Pilot Odyssey community, since day one he has lied to the general public for personal gain, he has put peoples life at risk with his stupid, poorly design products.

His understanding of things mechanical have become legendary, "lawyer links" bumpers, nerfs, NINE THOUSANDTHS piston to cylinder clearance, the Drakarts having the axles angled forward because it gives better traction etc. LMAO hello he is a mental moron, I feel so sorry for anybody that cant see this!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:07 am 

I see ATVmutt still has the hoser envy thing going on in public but still comes here at least 4 times a day to read my board haha :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

-::

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6GMV8itfQ0

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:01 pm 

Seeing as I am not allowed to post on Mikes page and since Liewire INC and his tech gurus access this site I will post the truth here for you all to see as my name popped up in that thread numerous times.Here is a main excerpt in which I am brought into the fray:
FROM Steve Bishop (Professional Liar) posting om MIKES:
"I only have to make one point to prove that there is a hidden agenda for you and those you hang out with. The only two continually ranting about the kit is you and Mudbogger who hang on the rantfest board. Mudbogger bought a kit and bitched about it. He then tried to buy another kit from me. Hmm, why if he hated it so much. I refused to sell it to him unless he called me on the phone and spoke with me about it. I wanted to know his true intentions. He was never at the phone number he gave and would not call me so I refunded his money. He then bought a kit through Randy. Despite all that Mudbogger said about the kit, you then bought one. Now I just sold another one. I don't know the screen name and would not post it if I did. He would just get banned over there and/or like other customers of chucklenuts at aftershot motorspurts who who speak postively, the claim would be made that he works for chucklenuts at aftershot motorspurts. So if you hate chucklenuts at aftershot motorspurts so bad, why do guys keep buying chucklenuts at aftershot motorspurts products? It seems the your premise is do as I say, not as I do."

First-when I bought my first SHIT kit from STEVE at IWANTYOURMONEY.COM I was a newbie to this hobby.I also have a old vcr tape which STEVE SENT with the kit which is a total joke-it at that time was an "instructional tape" for me, it was a train wreck to say the least.Steve should be grateful I havent sent that video to YOUTUBE as he would move out of the country.YES it is that embarassing to say the least.
Secondly-I have repeated posted here and on other boards(when I was allowed too)about STEVES repeated posts/lies in regards to a 2nd kit I "alledgely" wished to purchase.I did not wish/want/need to purchase another shit kit from his small company/enterprise-my brother in law did-I have posted this many times and the story is still the same.BUT STEVE WILL NOT TELL YOU THAT HERE-he goes to little viewed MIKES board to rant his BS.My brother in law tryed to purchase A KIT using my Paypal account, which STEVE after being told many times OF THAT FACT asserts was me trying to do the purchasing still posts.I would never ever buy another product from him or his company again, and this 2nd kit was no exception.I don't understand why he asserts to me purchasing another kit, but it is a flat out LIE.
'NOW-I will tell you all that a kit was indeed purchased through Randy at odysseysalvage.com by my brother in law USING MYSELF AS THE GO BETWEEN (to my dismay) through my Paypal account with no issues-and it now is sitting in a box after being REMOVED from his sons odyssey.SHIT KIT indeed!!
Also, as a footnote to this-he is afraid to resell it in the STATE WE LIVE IN DUE TO LIABILTIY LAWS-I hope you see what I mean.The kit is a waste of money as it was (in his opinion) totally unsafe for usage.What also STEVE negates to let all in on is the fact that he held onto my brother in laws payment for months,although he has readily admitted to thinking/knowing the kit was allegdely being purchased by me-if so why didnt he issue a total refund immed????I'll let you know I begged my brother in law to file a complaint with the local goverment and state depts in MI in regards to that payment-STEVE IMO is darn lucky he didnt I feel safe to say.
Those are the facts that have been posted many times, Steve and his band of profiters will post accordingly denouncing me but the truth is told here-NOT ON MIKES -LOL MIKES page!!!Go look at STEVES posting on mikes, there no help, only sales pitches to the fresh group of newbies like I was--the truth be told.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:09 pm 

YOU tube that VCR tape. I would love to see it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:16 pm 

King Kx wrote:

Yeah me too or is it a super secret part of the instructions people are ONLY able to see "AFTER they have bought the kit" sneaky snake crapola?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:53 am 

When I had my saddle shop I ALWAYS STOOD BEHIND my work, with a SATISFACTION GAUREENTY!!! If any one had a problem I bent over backwards to insure I had done everything possible to make my customer happy with his purchase.

Why??? One bad word of dis-satisfaction couldn't be bought back with 1000 positive remarks!!
Steve can only post some pics of stuff he installed in michigan??? he has pictures on his site while this was being installed??? Duh He didn't need help cause you were there with him maybe???

Carl, bugcrap's bro-in-law who lives in MI told me when I wet to Silver Lake, that you offered him a kit AT A HUGE DISCOUNT he didn't want nothing to do with it!!!
I met him at a truck stop by accident... your own nieghbors won't touch this crap???

Hoodlum, Atvnut and someone named Jeff Davis are all I can remember complimenting this kit??? Anyone else???

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:00 am 

King Kx wrote:

I do have the tape and it is seriously a train wreck-instructional video-LOL

I have recently purchased a LT kit for 1 of my Pilots and this kit came with a detailed and I mean detailed color coordinated instructional installation kit with it, pre-set off a Pilot frame with many,many options-I will test and post this kit and I stand by it for sure-It was significantly cheaper than IWANTYOURMONEY.COM and every step of the making off it was shown via email to me, Steve wouldn't and can't do that at all.He can't show you the making of it cause I would betya he doesn't even fab them-just like his CYLINDER BORES AND EXHAUST BRIDGE RELIEF he supposedly does-At least Hoser shows in his motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) work via the email, YOUTUBE does Steve??Does STEVE do Engine work for guys for basicly nothing-I haven't see it-

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:37 pm 

Turbotexas wrote:

Hoodlum, Atvnut and someone named Jeff Davis are all I can remember complimenting this kit??? Anyone else???

Atvnut IS Jeff Davis so that takes your compliments down to TWO :-)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:56 pm 

I was PM'ed a email for this jeff by a member here and was told Jeff Davis could help... I am sorry I never had the chance to do this as I was working on the kids bike...

hoser wrote:
Turbotexas wrote:

Atvnut IS Jeff Davis so that takes your compliments down to TWO :-)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:07 pm 

ATVNUT-lol what ever happened to his SLED motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) KIT he advertised all over Hosers old board?Havent heard a peep out of him, I betya sales are at an all time high-LMAO-He sure did chase Lude out of the POOA world didnt he-the darkside turns on there own!!!!when theres cashola to be had-

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:33 pm 

My sled conversion pilot that I just finished didn't come close to his $2,000 kit price. Mine even charges the battery!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:28 am 

pix and details please!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:10 am 

King Kx wrote:
My sled conversion pilot that I just finished didn't come close to his $2,000 kit price. Mine even charges the battery!!

Right but the TWO mutts (lude and atvmutt) are selling kits for the guys that cant fabricate and just want a bolt in kit :-)

Your 2k include the Engine?

I never put a price on my conversion it was mostly my time and metal I had laying round the shop, I suppose I could put a LIEwire mentality price on it and factor in my margin, markup bla bla bla and say it cost me 12k to install, R&D is not cheap you know, heck I put 15 minutes into this reply and its about my sled Engine conversion so add another 25 bux to the price :-)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:41 pm 

I've probably got 2K into the entire machine, buggy and all. This was the $1000 pilot that brooks and I pulled out of a barn a few years ago. I took over the project this past fall and it is now a running machine. I still have some odds and ends to tie up, but it is all there. I'll grab some pics tommorrow, (finally fixed the camera) and start a new thread on it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 402 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 17  Next