Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:11 am 

King Kx wrote:

Thanks so much for the link!!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:16 pm 

Still trying to figure out what to do with this motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )), I am leaning toward a total rebuild as I have spoken to Hare and it has not been torn apart in some time, and currently the base gasket on the jug is leaking, so mabye a new set of crank bearings and seals and a general lookover of the motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) is needed.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:17 pm 

Got email today back from Bills-quote-we stopped making those exhaust years ago, thanks for the question."
oh well then-LOL
I am going to send this motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) out to Sara and Ed at Triple EEE FOR A GOING OVER-I will replace the head with a Rand I have here-and use this" Jersey Joe" head on another motor-perhaps the 1 Hoser is rebuilding for me at a later date.It seems to me to check the motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) out now would be smart thing to do since Hare had never gotten into it and we are both unsure as to when or if the bottom end has had any work performed to it.I am going to upgrade the top end why not the bottom end as well?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 3:43 pm 

got some time today so I tweaked the dual air inlet set up on the airbox, when I bought the ride it had 2 90 degree rubber elbows on the box, which on the exhaust side was burning on the expansion pipe, so I went to my local Home Depot and bought 2 1 1/2 pcv plumbing elbows and some fasteners as well.Here some pictures of the modification to it.

Attachments:
File comment: when purchased this is what the set-up looked like
DSC00014.JPG
DSC00014.JPG [ 145.2 KiB | Viewed 11408 times ]
File comment: Now after completion-nice and sturdy.
DSC00028.JPG
DSC00028.JPG [ 143.22 KiB | Viewed 11405 times ]
File comment: Fatseners inserted into the side holes top view
DSC00027.JPG
DSC00027.JPG [ 144.39 KiB | Viewed 11405 times ]
File comment: Completed box top view-I still need to chalk the ends to waterproof it.
DSC00029.JPG
DSC00029.JPG [ 149.09 KiB | Viewed 11405 times ]
File comment: Quick look at the fasteners I used-they are threaded on 1 end with a plastic nut.
DSC00015.JPG
DSC00015.JPG [ 147.5 KiB | Viewed 11405 times ]
File comment: Installed on ride, front view.
DSC00032.JPG
DSC00032.JPG [ 148.27 KiB | Viewed 11405 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 4:16 pm 

More pictures:

Attachments:
File comment: Hole saw works great for these holes, any local hardware store has them, cheap.
DSC00023.JPG
DSC00023.JPG [ 142.56 KiB | Viewed 11380 times ]
File comment: Side view of new elbow-this 1 will not burn on the expansion pipe like the rubber elbows previously did.
DSC00031.JPG
DSC00031.JPG [ 151.51 KiB | Viewed 11380 times ]
File comment: another view.
DSC00030.JPG
DSC00030.JPG [ 148.52 KiB | Viewed 11380 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:57 pm 

Mudbogger wrote:
Still trying to figure out what to do with this motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )), I am leaning toward a total rebuild as I have spoken to Hare and it has not been torn apart in some time, and currently the base gasket on the jug is leaking, so mabye a new set of crank bearings and seals and a general lookover of the motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) is needed.

After much thought- I am sending the motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) to Triple EEE for ED to check out for me.I want him to check this head out and let me know just what in the heck it is about-I have no idea on the jug, bore size,piston(honda or Wiseco) bottom end at all, and the cases appear to have been split at some time before mine or Hares purchase as they used gasket sealer with no gaskets between them, not good IMO.I have it out anyway, the base gasket on the jug is leaking and it seems the smart thing to do.Hoser has 1 of my motors already and the winter is coming so I can wait some time for this 1 to get back from Ed.Trans may be next-just a quick CSI on it hasn't revealed anything so it may just need a lubricant change and a cleaning.I am riding this for sure, no powdercoated trailer queen here for sure so I am not going to go crazy, it's gonna get dirty again.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:18 pm 

The ride had an upgrade already on it, it has a 102c Comet clutch on it with a upgraded spring(white).The Comets clutches are adjustable for rpm range by there springs, mine has a white spring in it which is a higher RPM range for take off from a dead stop.I'll post a spring chart when I locate the darn thing here on my PC later.I will also upgrade the belt to one of Marvs tuff belts which can be purchased here:

http://store.4x4tuff.com/piodst.html

I have also upgraded the air filter as you probably have seen to a UNI, I really have had very good luck with them in the past and with the new dual air inlets sytem with prefilters I expect this filter to not see alot of dust, etc.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 8:36 pm 

motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) is done and on it's way back to me, I'll post details with pictures of old jug, head, etc when it arrives

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 3:57 pm 

Got motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) back today just in time for Christmas, there are some upgrades to it:
I installed a new cylinder on the motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) as the old jug, head was a complete unit and it has issues with the bore, etc.I will resleeve it in the coming weeks.According to ED, the bore was not straight and when he bored it, it is out of Piston sizes for Wiseco -we will see after a complete CSI at the Hoser compound later this year.UPGRADES!!
As you can see I installed as well a new RAND water cooled head on the motor-UPGRADE!!
I keep the Mosberger intake but UPGRADED the reeds to Boyesen Fiber reeds-part # 18-330 from the carbon fiber ones that were previously installed-I prefer them for my powerband.
I also upgraded to a totally new starter from Stockers Starters as well
I had the bottom end totally rebuilt, new bearings, seals, gaskets, rod bearing installed as the old 1's had some wear on them-I'll ask Hoser if he can CSI the old parts.
Heres some pictures of the new motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) minus the starter right out of the box, no damage BTW MY SHIPPING SKILLS HAVE GREATLY IMPROVED .

Attachments:
File comment: motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) right out of box from Triple EEE, notice the new head installed
DSC00039.JPG
DSC00039.JPG [ 149.63 KiB | Viewed 11241 times ]
File comment: Before picture-remember this head?
DSC00007.JPG
DSC00007.JPG [ 154.13 KiB | Viewed 11241 times ]
File comment: Mosberger intake with new reeds and new intake as well-old 1 had rotted bad.
DSC00040.JPG
DSC00040.JPG [ 148.05 KiB | Viewed 11241 times ]
File comment: New Rand water cooled head-
DSC00041.JPG
DSC00041.JPG [ 143.12 KiB | Viewed 11241 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:42 pm 

Installed the motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) today-pluss upgraded the motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) mounts, starter, battery cables and starter soleniod as well.I ran into a problem as the carb bowl is hitting the trans to motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) bracket-see pictures below.Also, when I got the motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) back, Ed had said the starter gear was bad-he wasn't joking at all, look at the pictures and always check the bolts that hold it in, mine was loose when I took the motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) out, guess that's what did it!!

Attachments:
File comment: motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) in in finally, got the tank as well in too
DSC00050.JPG
DSC00050.JPG [ 155.01 KiB | Viewed 10971 times ]
File comment: New motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) mounts, starter as well
DSC00042.JPG
DSC00042.JPG [ 151.39 KiB | Viewed 10971 times ]
File comment: carb hitting bracket see?
DSC00049.JPG
DSC00049.JPG [ 151.94 KiB | Viewed 10971 times ]
File comment: another view of bracket
DSC00048.JPG
DSC00048.JPG [ 154.45 KiB | Viewed 10971 times ]
File comment: Starter gear bad teeth-no wonder it never worked!
DSC00046.JPG
DSC00046.JPG [ 146.68 KiB | Viewed 10971 times ]
File comment: Another view of bad teeth
DSC00045.JPG
DSC00045.JPG [ 130.2 KiB | Viewed 11207 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:45 pm 

More pictures

Attachments:
File comment: Bad teeth on starter gear-theres were 2 other places on it that were bad as well
DSC00047.JPG
DSC00047.JPG [ 146.49 KiB | Viewed 10971 times ]
File comment: motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) in minus the exhaust
DSC00044.JPG
DSC00044.JPG [ 149.02 KiB | Viewed 10972 times ]
File comment: Another look at the Intake with new rubber-it is a 36mm intake for those at home
DSC00040.JPG
DSC00040.JPG [ 148.05 KiB | Viewed 10971 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:56 pm 

Whats the other side of the starter gear look like cant you flip it over?

Gear on the starter itself ok?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:24 pm 

I do not think you can flip them over Hoser, and in another area the gear was missing some teeth all together.I sent the old starter out for rebuild but I did look at the gear and no it was fine.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:33 pm 

I got everything on the ody and it is ready to go minus the exhaust.The seat, harness,WATER PUMP, HOSES, SWITCHES FOR A FAN AND THE PUMP ARE ALL WIRED - everything is on and ready to go.I'll of coarse have to remove the seat for the exhaust install but that's no biggie-I'll upgrade the front tie rods with Hosers patent pending tie rod mod in the coming weeks, as well as Engine break in and fine tuning on the carb as it was completely rebuilt as well.This project has been a real blast to me personally AND i LOOK FORWARD TO JUST RIDING IT, THERES NO POWDERCAOTING ON THIS BABY AT ALL.
I forgot to mention that I took the 102c clutch apart and completely cleaned and lubed it up, the sliders have some wear on them but not to to bad, the spring is a red spring whicH I am usure what the spring chart is for the revs on that-I'll check on the board I know there is a chart posted up somewhere.SHOULD HAVE TOOK PICS BUT I FORGOT THE CAMERA IN THE CAR-SORRY BOUT THAT FELLAS!
Also, I need to install the belt covers for safety issues in the coming weeks as well too.

Attachments:
File comment: 102 c clutch cleaned ,lubed and back on the motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )).
DSC00056.JPG
DSC00056.JPG [ 144.44 KiB | Viewed 10973 times ]
File comment: New CROW harness made to my hieght, shoulder pads upgraded for extra support on my shoulders.
DSC00055.JPG
DSC00055.JPG [ 152.21 KiB | Viewed 10971 times ]
File comment: Upgraded to a electric water pump for my water cooled system-easy install, clean and simple.
DSC00051.JPG
DSC00051.JPG [ 153.91 KiB | Viewed 10971 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:53 pm 

Installed a upgrade today as well-a POWER PROS complete exhaust to finish off the ride.Got the ody running today and weill jet the upgraded Mikuni 38mm carb as soon as the battery charges it didnt have enough to turn it over today-LOL just my luck huh?
This project is done at this point-heres what was upgraded: and the vendors it was purchased from:
New Water cooled head RAND :TRIPLE EEE
New cylinder-OEM :Triple EEE
New bore and hone on cylinder-:Triple EEE
New piston and rings,wristpin :WISECO
new bottom end bearings and seals-OEM
New Mosberger Intake with REEDS: randy odysseysalvage.com
New Power Pros exhaust system-coated:Triple EEE
New Mikuni 38mm carb flatside-:Proflo
New mudlites tires on 190 red dot rims: Rcky mtn atv
new Honda OEM brake pads rear-:randy odysseysalvage.com
new Belt-OEM :Randy odysseysalvage.com
New radiator with Hoses-:EBAY
new dual air box inlets-:Home depot
New Uni filter-:Ebay
New dual air intake system with filters:Home Depot
New prefilter set-up-Hosers tech pages
New Safety harnesses :CROW
I have spent just over $2000.00 for the upgrades to this odyssey-you could probably cut some of the costs by doing the motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) work yourself and perhaps not getting new tires and rims, etc but overall the odyssey is is perfect shape and should run very good.This project has been great for me personally as it didnt include any type of Powdercoating etc like I am used to doing.I cant wait to ride it at ECJ THIS YEAR!!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:06 pm 

G'Day Greg,pic 56 shows the fixed edge of Drive Clutch with a chunk piece missing off the edge.
Are you aware?...Baz

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:12 pm 

My friend how are you?
Yes I am aware of the missing piece, that piece has been machined off so you can access the starter bolts without having to pull the starter-believe me it is a helpful little thing-I just had to replace a starter and it worked like magic.

Now-new developments on this ody.
Ordered and received a new Power Pros complete exhaust with silencer for it from Triple EEE.I installed the system on the ody and for some reason it would not run AT ALL-I thought the starter was bad as the motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) wouldn't turn over-after racking my brain and just about everyones on the chatroom, I replaced the starter.PHEW!!!Got that in I thought-hit the starter button and BAM-turned the motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) over nice and fast-I said GREAT JOB and went about buttoning up everything on the motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )).WELL-tryed to start it again after getting everything back on motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) and DAMMIT-same thing it wouldn't turn the motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) over again!!After removing the 14mm wrench from the base of my skull and again racking just about anybody that would at this stage listen in the chat-I took Stonemans and Hosers advice and installed another DG exhaust on the motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? ))(I had a new exhaust here in stock for a future project-I am lucky there).Well lord and behold the dam thing worked great.So being someone that has a bad case of WHAT THE F$%K I couldnt figure out what the heck was wrong with the Power Pros system-I took the DG back off and installed the Power pros expansion pipe back, BAM-wont turn the motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) over.Now I am going totally nuts-why doesnt this system work??
Well after taking a break and a cool drink, I finally after 4 hrs took the 2 pipes and matched them up-I can't for the love of GOD tell you guys why I didnt do this in the first place, but the front chamber piece on the Power pros was curved in a "S" CONFIGURATION, where as the DG WAS A LONG SLOW CURVE TO THE LEFT at a 90 degree angle,it came to me, the dam exhaust was the wrong one!!!!!-it was for either a Pilot or some other ride-thePower Pros front pipe wasn't allowing the pressure to go into the expansion pipe causing the cylinder to essentially bind up due to to much compression, that was the whole dam problem.
Moral of the story-check the equipment or items before installing and just because someone tells you it will fit or is made for your ride, it may not be.
Also a footnote-that DG pipe may be loud-but it fit on my ody like a glove, I was very surprised at the ease of installation compared to the Power pros, which leak at every connection constantly. and never fit well from the get go.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:12 pm 

Ran the odyssey today as temps have recently been pretty warm here in NJ-I have jetted the carb rich on idle/low end and it leans out on top end-typical for Engine break in.The carb works well with the intake and reeds and everything is operational, no leaks in the water system at all.
This odyssey is FOR SALE to members only -I am going to liqiudate some stock here and will have 2 odysseys for sale-if any member is interested please PM me-you have all the information on it here-it will not be listed on Ebay-I'll keep the thing and sell some others before that happens as it is a proven ride and it deserves to kept in the family-IMO.
I have way to much money into the ride currently but will be more than willing to sell it to a member for fair market value-NO DARKSIDERS PLEASE-

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:04 am 

how much for the machine? If you don't mind how much did you pay for all the work from EEE

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:31 pm 

1728.11 for complete motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) overhaul including water cooled head(TRIPLE EEE)
129.00 for water pump as well from them too.
189.00 for new starter from Stockers Starters
176.07 FROM CARB PARTSWAREHOUSE for rebuild of Mikuni
443.76 for tires and rims from ROCKY MTN

Total for just those items--$2665.94
This doesnt include the initial purchase price (all upgrades) and many other receipts for the ride-
Are you interested in the machine?Please PM me FOR PRICING AND PAYMENT OPTIONS.

Just a footnote to you-I also have for sale 1 all stock odyssey with a fresh rebuild from Hoser for sale as well currently, it has a new 94c clutch, stock head-no water cooling, fresh rebuilt stock carb-new harnesses and hand straps,new cables, rebuilt master, cosmeticly it is a 5 out of 10 but mecanically it is great condition, it has every shim, washer, rubber grommet on it,that's for sale for 2300.00 OBO.I can take pictures for you if needed.This motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) will need to be heated cycled for break in as the motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) has just been rebuilt.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:02 am 

if you could post some pics it would be appreciated. Is it the stock bore? Where are you located?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 2:27 pm 

Jakkle5 wrote:
if you could post some pics it would be appreciated. Is it the stock bore? Where are you located?

I sure can which ride are you interested in?-the motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) work in the second ody mentioned is here for your veiwing pleasure: http://pilotodyssey.com/PO/viewtopic.php?t=3596 piston and bore size are in the thread.

The first ody is on a 79mm bore with Honda piston that I had to ship to TRIPLE EEE for the motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )).
I am located in Central NJ-shipping options are available as I have an enclosed trailer and will transport to a locating that's good for the purchaser.Pricing per mile/etc is negotiable.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 3:27 pm 

interested in the stock ride. thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 4:36 pm 

Jakkle5 wrote:
interested in the stock ride. thanks

Cool-I should be there tomorrow for your pictures of the ride-I'll post them.
I am currently replacing the shifter cables on it so the tank is out of it currently so don't fret if you see it---

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 4:45 pm 

no problem. What cosmetically needs attention? I actually just bought a machine with a 0hr rebuilt Engine and ripped it down to the frame before i even rode it. Sandblasted and painted the frame and am about to start putting it together but the Engine makes me a little nervous seeing as i don't have a history and it is missing little washers/spacers etc from being fixed over the years. What would you be looking at for shipping to Boston, MA or Moultonborough, NH?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next