Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: POOA DECALS-any ideas?
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:46 am 

My vinyl guy at work that does all my company decals has agreed in principal to make some decals for me-I was thinking of a 4x4 or a 5x5 square POOA flag like on Hosers home page-also a www.pilotodyssey.com sticker was a thought-any ideas-please post pics as well so I can send them over to my guy.

What sizes would be good, where would you guys be sticking them? Maybe go look at your Pilot and or Odysseys and try to visualize where you would be sticking them then measure the size needed and post here?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:30 pm 

I would put one on the back window of my truck, Say 10x12, 10x14?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:13 pm 

A 3X3 would be nice for the back of the 350 air guide.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:31 pm 

do we want them for the 350's and Pilots or for our personal rides as well?
He may be able to make them both-mabye just a straight www.pilotodyssey.com decal like a Pilot roof lid size?
I prefer the 4x4 size for the rides myself-or window sticker for that matter

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:03 pm 

I'd put them on everything bikes truck trailer.

Post subject: decals
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:38 am 

DITTO:I prefer the 4x4 size for the rides myself-or window sticker for that matter.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:53 pm 

looks nice, I'll throw on my K5.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:44 pm 

How about adding PilotOdyssey.com at the bottom but in such a way the owner could cut off the PilotOdyssey.com and throw it away or just stick it some place else?

I think this site needs more advertisements one way or the other :-) Maybe you can sell these on Ebay to reach a larger Pilot Odyssey audience?

I just added the text real quick we should vote on color and location, I didnt know how to add more white back ground to put the PilotOdyssey.com lower on the pic some photo shop expert will have to ...

Attachments:
POOA.jpg
POOA.jpg [ 18.95 KiB | Viewed 6735 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:00 pm 

I have a bunch of picture/decals saved from several years ago when someone else was talking about doing bumper stickers and tee shirts(maybe the "darkside" board). Anyway I could post em but I do not know if anyone will get pissy about using "thier" ideas/pictures. Let me know, it might spark another idea for a logo(not knocking the crossed flags, just other options).

Gary

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:36 pm 

Nuke Em wrote:
I have a bunch of picture/decals saved from several years ago when someone else was talking about doing bumper stickers and tee shirts(maybe the "darkside" board). Anyway I could post em but I do not know if anyone will get pissy about using "thier" ideas/pictures. Let me know, it might spark another idea for a logo(not knocking the crossed flags, just other options).

Gary

Post the pics I doubt anybody here that could or would have stickers made would not honor others request NOT to use their design, if someone does not want them used all they have to do is say so...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:50 pm 

Here are some that I have here in ND, pretty sure I have more on the computer in Cheyenne. Hope this can help start the wheels turning.

Gary

Attachments:
POAA.jpg
POAA.jpg [ 273.68 KiB | Viewed 6479 times ]
pooa.jpg
pooa.jpg [ 21.98 KiB | Viewed 6717 times ]
pooa1.jpg
pooa1.jpg [ 19.95 KiB | Viewed 6717 times ]
pooa1a.jpg
pooa1a.jpg [ 18.66 KiB | Viewed 6717 times ]
pooa2.jpg
pooa2.jpg [ 12.58 KiB | Viewed 6717 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:28 am 

I will take one of each :P

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:50 am 

hoser wrote:
How about adding PilotOdyssey.com at the bottom but in such a way the owner could cut off the PilotOdyssey.com and throw it away or just stick it some place else?

I think this site needs more advertisements one way or the other :-) Maybe you can sell these on Ebay to reach a larger Pilot Odyssey audience?

I just added the text real quick we should vote on color and location, I didnt know how to add more white back ground to put the PilotOdyssey.com lower on the pic some photo shop expert will have to ...

I can get the PILOTODYSSEY.COM decal done separately mabye in a different style then capitol letters?colors are available too as well
Pman gave me a old 1 that I had for my windshield that I really liked-I would love to do that as well-idea perhaps?The decal went on top of the windshield it ran the entire length-idea as well
I would have no problem selling them on EBAY BUT proceeds should go to site upgrades-maintence-I do not want the money for sure.
I also-IMO-prefer just the black/white look but I can add red-blue wherever needed-mabye red around the POOA?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:35 pm 

Havent heard from the guy to date-I'll give him tomorrow and then call-- :-)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:54 pm 

Whatever you come up with, I'll take a couuple for my trailer.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:22 pm 

called today again, no answer which is typical for him as when he is on a job the shop phone doesnt get answered. :-)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:25 pm 

well, spoke to my decal guy finally-he says he never got mt email with the POOA FLAG and associated other images-so I will try it again -----hopefully this time it will work.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:19 pm 

Did you guys ever settle on one? I will take some no matter what, but I think I like the last one Nuke Em posted the best. I am curious if the drop shadow on the Flag one can carry over to the decal without it having to have alot of empty white space to support it. did you guys make these yourselfs?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:07 am 

Sunblock wrote:
Did you guys ever settle on one? I will take some no matter what, but I think I like the last one Nuke Em posted the best. I am curious if the drop shadow on the Flag one can carry over to the decal without it having to have alot of empty white space to support it. did you guys make these yourselfs?

Hi-my decal guy does the process for my company-he has been in bis for years and owns his own silkscreening bis as well.I really like the POOA flag with Pilotodyssey.com underneath it so I am going to go with that for now-in 4x4 and 5x5 decals for the first run-we will get feedback from the group and go from there.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:08 pm 

Details coming in the next few days here on prices and availability of these--

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:49 pm 

I am currently trying to select the best method of shipping these-the decals are completed and will be for sale in the coming days-
shipping these with the consumer in mind is the task at hand as the decals are 4x4 which will not fit into a regular envelope-also damages caused by shipping in a standard envelope is also a concern-
padded envelopes are like 3 bucks each at the USPS and UPS stores which is an option but shipping costs will be increased due to that style of package-

Heres the image I went with currently-I may be doing other styles in coming weeks but wish to see what the general take is on these-all proceeds of the decal sales are going directly to board maintenance-upgrades Hoser has made-that decision was mine-not Hosers(for darksiders that will spin this I betya) Also coming soon are going to replica Pilot decals for the 89-90 Pilots-we are exploring costs and materials for this-would anybody be interested in them again by chance?Whats your guys thoughts on Pilot decals?Any interest by chance?
350 decals are also a topic we have discussed as well.

Attachments:
File comment: I think the blue lettering is really cool, the decals are exact replicas
pooa_926.jpg
pooa_926.jpg [ 18.95 KiB | Viewed 6569 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:05 pm 

Mudd,

You can get 10 packs of 7x9 blister packs at wallymart for around 3 bux and will easily be able to ship a dozen or more for under a buck coast to coast.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:08 pm 

Ody_Stable wrote:
Mudd,

You can get 10 packs of 7x9 blister packs at wallymart for around 3 bux and will easily be able to ship a dozen or more for under a buck coast to coast.

Exactly what I needed-as usual thanks very much-I was thinking along those lines to go to like a COSTCC,WALMART-and buy the envelopes myself-I can process the shipping through my UPS account here and save the masses alot of $$ in shipping fees-
Thanks again OdyStabile!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:10 pm 

Mudbogger wrote:
Ody_Stable wrote:
Mudd,

Exactly what I needed-as usual thanks very much-I was thinking along those lines to go to like a COSTCC,WALMART-and buy the envelopes myself-I can process the shipping through my UPS account here and save the masses alot of $$ in shipping fees-
Thanks again OdyStabile!

USPS is probably the cheapest way to send them I would not send using UPS lol they will fold the package in two then drag it behind the truck for 100 miles whilst charging you 5x more.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:22 pm 

Hoser has a lead on where you can buy shredded packaging paper also, in case your shredder is broken.