Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: lt
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:54 am 

redman wrote:
Mudbogger wrote:
redman wrote:
Well, I am giving up,taking Hosers advice and going elsewhere...I have tried contacting Yoda,but he won't return my mail,and I didn't see a number for calling...I have asked questions here, and got tormented for doing so,like I was out to get him or make him look bad something...The link given to me by hoser stated bumpsteer would be significant,and that's all I got to go by....My calculations said the same thing,but I was hoping Mudbogger would prove me wrong....If you are riding in the sand,it would probably be o.k.,but if you ride on the hard stuff and do lots of jumping,I wouldn't recomend the long travel set up...The +2's with a stock shock would probably be good, but no more of gains,it just isn't worth the cost for no more than you achieve with just that...
I talked to ATVR last week,and asked details of their set up,and even contacted Aftershoc about selling just the arms and no steering set up,and trying to design my own,since some people have been having problems with his steering,but his arms seem to work pretty well......His arms are +4,and the arms and braided brake lines were considerable cheaper than Yoda's,actually,almost half,but not sure how easy the steering set up would be to make....I have to do some more reading before I decide to tackle that one, and get some more ideas...
I apologise if I came off the wrong way to some of you..I wasn't bashing Yoda or trying to make him or anyone else look bad, I was just trying to find out some factual numbers instead of opinions before I spent my $$$$
Redman

get life insurance friend -and check your healthcare as well if your going to use liewire stuff.Check out TURBO'S THREAD on his 350 LT kit?He has calcualtions, and testing, you have mathmatical equations we all can use please?.I can't see how Lirewires stuff is cheaper, is it better built?? your safety should be the top priority, and I haven't given you the measurements purposely.I believe you have alterior motives in posting this thread, YODA REPLIES TO EVERY one of my questions, he has replied back to questions posted in threads here-why wouldn't you post a thread and have him answer here?I wish you well, and hope you'll post the calcualtions you did that sold the LIEWIRE kit to you.
How can Liewires arms work well, but the steering set doesn't??????
You haven't purchased a kit from him, but know the arms works well, where did you get the testing from?
see what I mean by alterior motives, it sounds to me you have a great knowledge of Liewire stuff.
Theres a reason if in fact his arms are cheaper-----

I just know from speaking with him that his arms have pretty much the same dimensions that ATVR has,and a bunch cheaper than ATVR's...The only knowledge I have of them is from speaking with him,comparing the dimensions to ATVR, and reading Turbo's thread...Seems the only problem Turbo had was with the steering...The arms and shocks seem to be working well for him...If Yoda reads here,I am sure he has seen this thread, and my mail as well...With him not answering,and you not answering either concerns me that maybe the info I was looking for is something that needs addressing on his kit,and that just scared me...I haven't bought anything yet...
Motives?Hmmmm....What motive could I possibly have in asking about the tow change in the kit?If there is none, then that would be a good motive killer for anyone that might have a motive,but I have no motive other than spending my money on something that works well opposed to something that doesn't...
How can they be cheaper? Don't know,but they are...That's just buying the arms and balljoints,nothing else....
Redman

Again-good luck with the LT kit from Liewire-I hope you do not get seriously injured.Best of luck to you.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: LT
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:14 pm 

Turbotexas wrote:
you will need more than just the arms and ball joints... how you going to stretch the stock tie rods from the steering nuckle out to the hub? You will surely need his drag link, or make one of your own...
If that is all you are after (arms and Balljoints) I would suggests doing what adnoh did and get some extended +2+1 arms made for the Honda TRX450R Much cheaper even yet... Since that seems to be your biggest concern is $$$ and bumpsteer! If you get them with hiems all the way around you can set it up yourself and won't have any bumpsteer!!! Don't count on chucklenuts at aftershot motorspurts to help you after he gets your money!!! I am not the only one who can say this...

As stated before,I will try my own steering system if I go with Bishops arms.....Probably use something similiar to ATVR...
As for doing what Adnoh did,why? There are arms available for the pilot, and I would rather just go with them,not to mention I would really like more than +2,not to mention he had to do quite a bit of chopping and welding,which I don't care to do........$$$$ are not really a concern for me as long as I feel like I am getting what I pay for, and know what I am buying,but bumpsteer IS a major concern to me...I was earlier criticized for that and pretty much told that it didn't really matter in the dirt,but the link to Rorty's suspension info validates my concerns...It is a major issue if it's there,especially in the right place....
How will heims all the way around effect bumpsteer? That just allows you to adjust caster/camber,which I agree can help offset it somewhat, but can't by any means cure it...
Have you had any issues with your arms and shocks other than hitting the trees? Are you still running the steering system that came with the kit? Have you had any more locking problems or problems with the links wearing out,and if no, what have you done to stop it?
As for posting instructions,if I find anything that might help or anything that concerns me,I will be glad to post it...Unlike some here...
Redman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:53 pm 

Quote:
I will be glad to post it...Unlike some here...

Come on spit it out, tell us what exactly you mean your really getting good at insinuating things, tying to create illusions, spinning your ass off.

Quote:
I was earlier criticized for that and pretty much told that it didn't really matter in the dirt

Be more specific who said what exactly! no more of your insinuating!

don't know about others but I am REALLY getting sick and tired of your SHIT! its real clear your STILL trying to flame this subject and MY SITE!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Answers
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:12 pm 

hoser wrote:
Quote:

Come on spit it out, tell us what exactly you mean your really getting good at insinuating things, tying to create illusions, spinning your ass off.

Quote:
I was earlier criticized for that and pretty much told that it didn't really matter in the dirt

don't know about others but I am REALLY getting sick and tired of your SHIT! its real clear your STILL trying to flame this subject and MY SITE!

1)I asked for simple measurements,and was refused intentionally...
2)You told me when I asked about tow change that what applied on pavement didn't on dirt...I took it that since bumpsteer was what was being discussed,that is what you were referring too...You mentioned ackerman and scrub, but they weren't a concern or being asked about, so they didn't really factor into the equation...
3)I didn't bring it up...Mudbogger posted to me first, and I responded...Turbo posted and I responded...If no response is expected, then a post shouldn't be directed to me...No intentions of flaming anything, just posting observations and my intentions...Please be more specific...What am I doing that is flaming something? I am by no means trying to stir up anything, and have no idea how you are drawing that conclusion...I have been nothing but respectful and truthful in any of my posts,and have no motives,contrary to your belief unfortunately...Sorry if you disagree...
Redman

Post subject: Re: Answers
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:00 pm 

redman wrote:
hoser wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

1)I asked for simple measurements,and was refused intentionally...
2)You told me when I asked about tow change that what applied on pavement didn't on dirt...I took it that since bumpsteer was what was being discussed,that is what you were referring too...You mentioned ackerman and scrub, but they weren't a concern or being asked about, so they didn't really factor into the equation...
3)I didn't bring it up...Mudbogger posted to me first, and I responded...Turbo posted and I responded...If no response is expected, then a post shouldn't be directed to me...No intentions of flaming anything, just posting observations and my intentions...Please be more specific...What am I doing that is flaming something? I am by no means trying to stir up anything, and have no idea how you are drawing that conclusion...I have been nothing but respectful and truthful in any of my posts,and have no motives,contrary to your belief unfortunately...Sorry if you disagree...
Redman

I spelled it out real clear in my last post, if you cant understand it I suggest you leave and never come back.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: LT
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:13 pm 

redman wrote:
Turbotexas wrote:
you will need more than just the arms and ball joints... how you going to stretch the stock tie rods from the steering nuckle out to the hub? You will surely need his drag link, or make one of your own...
If that is all you are after (arms and Balljoints) I would suggests doing what adnoh did and get some extended +2+1 arms made for the Honda TRX450R Much cheaper even yet... Since that seems to be your biggest concern is $$$ and bumpsteer! If you get them with hiems all the way around you can set it up yourself and won't have any bumpsteer!!! Don't count on chucklenuts at aftershot motorspurts to help you after he gets your money!!! I am not the only one who can say this...

As stated before
Quote:
,I will try my own steering system if I go with Bishops arms
.....Probably use something similiar to ATVR...
Redman

then why the Hell are you so worried about bump steer??? build your own arms while you are at it??? The ball joint is a readily available item? The added ability of dialing in caster and camber would be a plus with hiems in my opinion

So from what I gather the yoda arms with hiems are the better deal, they come with a foundation to build your own f'ing steering...
Time is money dude??? You spend three days to save 50 dollars??? where is the logic in that???

I have little to 0 fab skills so I have not been able to fix it my self

We have a saying here in texas Don't call him a cowboy till you see him ride....
I have only seen or heard from one
no two people who LOVE chucklenuts at aftershot motorspurts kit... ATVNUT and Hoodlum... ATV NUT is steves neighbor and longtime friend... Hoodlum has his on a pilot but rides like 3 times a year...
Now go see how often and where I ride at... and take into consideration there are far more people who have been unsatisfied with the chucklenuts at aftershot motorspurts kit that are happy with it... That is only counting the ones who post on these forums... If chucklenuts at aftershot motorspurts had all these happy customers he should encourage them to join here and put in a good word... but have not heard from these 50 +++ aledged customers???

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:16 pm 

TREE's are the least of my worries dude pay attention...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6GMV8itfQ0

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:59 pm 

FYI on Adnoh's front end the +2 trx arms gives the pilot a +4 (+ or -). Plus you can not a trx hub and disc set up effectivaly with out the arms. Must be fully adjustable or have fun turning it and when it does I hope one likes donuts. The other is there chromoly with 4130 heat treated hiems for ball joints.

With 10+ inches of travle a bump kit will be mandatory. With a caster /camber change the tie rod lenght will need to be changed as well and the bump steer kit allows for this and still maintain desired toe adjustment. Good luck figuering that one out. Ok the twin tie rod set up allows the outer rod to shortened or lenghted to offset the caster /camber change and realign toe with inner tie rod than readjust bump stop bolt to the new tie rod setting. See one more reason to add bump stop bolt and bracket. As you role the outter rod in and out the two angles change allowing you realign the bump. It will move it forward or back in or out if you set the static triangle in a inward angle. Shorten up the outer rod and the pivot is moved forward and out. Lenghten the outer rod and it moves the pivot reward and in. Two birds with one stone. Now to kill the third bird. Install the idler in an angle that allow the third anlge Up and down as it moves in and out. If you get the angle right the bump steer on full lock is also reduced thu bump. Any time the outer pivot is changes it changes the bump steer. Now crank the wheel and put in bump
( compression from ride height) and see what happens add some body role and surprise ( check camber gain and loss). It will be an eye opner. So please consider the bump not only in a straight wheel position but while turning. Take you long travle out and power thu a turn and just see the amount of wheel movment required as it rolls and put under power see how much of counter steer is required. Hold that counter steer and see what happens. I learned this the hard way. And found the solution by accident. The books I read discussed this effect but did not tell how to find and fix. Another book told the less you do with the wheel the faster you will be. It also stated the sooner and longer you can hold WOT (Wide Open Throttle) the faster you wil be. What's camber got to do with tire traction while corning, a lot.

Just thought I would share some thoughts. One more reason to buy a proven kit.

Sorry muddbogger for the jacking. Redman good luck on what ever route you take.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:09 pm 

No jacking, PLEASE-no need for apologies!!!!!.
I appreciate your input on the toe changes and your experiences with the kit you designed.Very informative.
As stated I wish REDMAN well on his quest for the LT kit-in my opinion he wants results and answers nobody can answer-I spoke and called to YODA over the weekend-he also replied back to my emails as well, so whatever REDMAN is using via SMOKE RINGS or headless horseman to reach him isn't working, MIGHT I offer using common technology called the telephone and computer.

Redman, your right, I purposely haven't given you results and will not in future-I will post my finding on the kit when I do testing, riding,and adjustments. Unlike the others that SWEAR behind Liemutt's garbage he pawns on the board,Rooky (his PR guy on the internet)never posted shit about his kits, I might not be the best tech guru around but I post what I can when I can to people who may just need the information for there personal kits, not for profit.I don't care for your style of "wording" or "questions"and agree with Hoser mabye you need to exit the site and never come back, why would you in sound mind come back?BECAUSE you have alteroir motives, it is plain and simple.The average JOE WOULD be saying"feet don't let down" as they exited this forum, but you continue like a pathetic profiter to come back asking time and time again questions that will be used (IMO) FOR YOU TO GO TO THE darkside and start your own sets of kits, it has happened before, remember ATVNUTS sled motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) installation kits,boy oh boy I do--so did LUDE-the tire tracks on his back must still be there from getting pushed under the bus-OH that's right-you probably now will say you got no idea what I am speaking off-------------------------------------------

There are other forums that can be accessed by yourself which can assist you in the LT kit saga you have-enjoy them and good luck to you.Again, I recommend GEICO for insurance-you can save a bunch of money by switching to it.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:20 pm 

he has contradicted himself in my opinion...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:57 pm 

Oh, BTW did I tell you I ordered another kit for this Pilot? :-) :-)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:57 pm 

Installed 2 new shifter cables from WEED today in the ride, awaiting YODA kit hoping in 3-4 weeks to get that.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:55 am 

Took the Pilot for a ride today-about an hr here near my house in a state park, got busted by the park service ranger so that was the end of the ride-after a quick plug check(which appeared to be alittle lean-needed just a bit more color for me to be ok with it)I checked the compression fully warm-148 psi.So, after the YODA kit comes it will get a csi HOPEFULLY at Hosers and a top end.I am pretty sure the jug is at least on the first over bore,but we will see.Stock low side on compression is 149 and with it being on a size up on the bore-it is time to freshen it up.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:52 pm 

My YODA kit is done for this ride-YODA called today-I sending out a tie rod set for him, and then it will be on its way to me-really looking forward to another kit as well.Ordered front shocks today for it, expecting them in week-10 days.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:49 am 

Shocks are here-got them valved at 60/90 200 psi stock set-up from Fox this is what I run on the CO Pilot and I personally like it for my riding.
Still waiting for the kit from YODA and I may install this year, but the cold sucks and the garage is not heated, so the kit may wait till it warms up a bit here.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:59 pm 

lutrev wrote:
My Yoda kit is on its way now as well, but temerature outside is -45 Celcius, way to cold.

that's cold indeed my friend!!!!
I feel bad complaining now----------- :-)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:53 pm 

Still awaiting YODA kit for the ride, and I am also awaiting a PA registration for this Pilot as well,registering in NJ IS a pain in the arse for sure.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:21 pm 

lutrev wrote:
Yup, they just said -56 with the winchill. there are 6 muledeer munching on the alphalpha in my backyard, I cant believe they can stand this weather, 2nd coldest day on record apparantly, even feels wrong to drink beer today, but I am managing :shock:

Global warming http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/viewtopic.php?t=6337

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:02 pm 

I'll say about global warming!! It was 38C here yesterday & today is 30C with rain!!

Gotta love summer. :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:11 am 

Got to get my kit in,but it is so dam cold!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:21 pm 

mozzy wrote:
I'll say about global warming!! It was 38C here yesterday & today is 30C with rain!!

Gotta love summer. :-)

See now you had me all confused... I forgot about the metric thing LOL

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:26 am 

Nice work you should be proud..Now lets go to PA .We have to take a day off get our pass & ride.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:24 pm 

PilotDick wrote:
Nice work you should be proud..Now lets go to PA .We have to take a day off get our pass & ride.

deal!!!! :-)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:43 pm 

Got my kit today-looking forward to an install in the near future!!!

Profile E-mail