Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:09 pm 

crankcase had ATF in it, why do people use ATF in the crankcase? I know the ATF is thinner, is that designed in the crankcases to decrease friction in the moving parts? Whats the pro's and con's?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:41 am 

Changed the fuel cell, tank shrouds, wire harness,carb,air filter,plug, oil, shock oil,coil,handlebar on/off switch,full exhaust system,headlight bezel and bulb,rear bearing carrier seals and bearings,rear brake shoes,rear brake line,fluid in front and rear brakes,grips,fenders front and rear,exhaust gaskets,rear and front sprockets,chain(ordered new)RPM Desert Grab bar(ordered),kicker,shift lever,swinger seals,throttle cable, clutch cable,and drained antifreeze and refilled.I did not have time to heat cycle the motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) for a compression check,needed to jet the Tecate with the cool weather we are having.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:55 am 

Installed 2 rear wheel hub extender on the axle,cleaned and rebuilt the carb as well.I ordered new grips, handlebars,new controls, new cables, even a parking brake cable for the tire.I am currently looking into bearing carrier, this 1 i s a 350x carrier in the WEST COAST +4 swinger I have on the ride, mabye a RAD or a lonestar carrier will fit.I ordered new rimd and tires from ROCKY MTN ATV, free shipping these days from them, cannot beat that on a rim and tire package, got 22 inch holeshots 6 ply on baja beadlock rims.The Paul Turner type 6 atc pipe really hlped on the top end oon the motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )).I also have got to tell you, the air box had so much shit in it, I took mr close to 3 hra to totally clean it and re-install, was nasty for sure.I am running 30w in the crankcase as per Honda-trans fluid mabye next time.Hoser has the original motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) for this ride, he will be doing a complete csi and rebuild from the bottom up on it.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:16 pm 

The bearing carrier is a stock OEM 250, not a 350x as previously posted.I ordered a double row DURABLUE carrier,then figured I have a carrier OEM here with bearings and seals all new OEM so I'll use that and save so hard earned cashola-also ordered a Durablue brake hub with Durablue locking hub, Durablue sprocket hub as well.The axle is a Durablue +4 eliminator, and the swinger is a +2 not a +4 as I previously posted.I also ordered a alumn sprocket front and rear from a specailty company that makes them only for the 250r's.I also ordered a LSR rear brake disc,and a new +2 rear brake line stainless from a speciality company too.Rear parking brake is going to get a block-off plate on the caliper,the rims and tires(20-11-9 Maxxis razr's) are here already from Rocky Mtn.i ALSO RECEIVED A SPECIAL ORDER SET OF RAD SHROUDS for the ride, will show them in the days to come.Seat is at www.cosmicquads.com getting a new pad and cover-they do excellent work there for a far price, I recommend them highly if you need a seat redone-

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:54 pm 

Took the wheel extenders off the axle as it is a +4 ELIMINATOR DURABLUE.I installed new carrier bearing and seals, installed a DURABLUe sprocket hub, DURABLUE brake disc hub with lock,new rear pads,I have a new Durablue brake disc and new sprocket coming as well.I ordered a +2 rear stainless line, it was wrong which pissed me off to no end, but I used the stock one instead.Some pictures:

Attachments:
IMG00120-20100919-1626.jpg
IMG00120-20100919-1626.jpg [ 582.17 KiB | Viewed 5680 times ]
IMG00121-20100919-1626.jpg
IMG00121-20100919-1626.jpg [ 618.4 KiB | Viewed 5680 times ]
File comment: 2 other 250r's I have.
IMG00127-20100919-1628.jpg
IMG00127-20100919-1628.jpg [ 595.19 KiB | Viewed 5680 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:01 am 

Worked on the rear caliper today, rebuilt it totally and ordered new EDC sinister brake pads for it.I had ordered a stainledd line from a company I got off the 3 wheeler boards, the line is not correct-I wanted to stretch the stock line as it was too short for the travel of the swinger, after some posting's on the 3wheeler board, I was notified I could just take the stock line loosen it and take a short amount of curve out of it by the rese, it worked like a charm, saved me 25 bucks in the process.I have received the sprocket and brake disc and will be installing them today as well.Chain as well is ordered for the rear, 120 link for the +2 swinger.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:49 pm 

Got to ride the 250r last weekend, top end fell flat,needs a carb rebuild, blubbers alittle off the line as well, main needs to be bigger for the top end for sure-had to fix some smaller items, and the brake pads in the rear were too much for the new disc, they may need just a touch of shaving for some cooling as they were smoking hot, and I mean smoking! The gear box is tight,all the mods to the rear worked well with exception of the chain, it kept loosing after several adjustments, I'll look into that.
Overall happy with the atc for sure.Will report on a ride after a rebuild of the carb for sure.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:34 pm 

Ordered a new PJ carb for the ride, the carb when dis assembled is junk, slide is worn badly,needle as well, rebuild kit is gonna be 50 bucks, new carb is like 120,I'll use the old carb for parts on the others I have here.Also ordered a custon rear skidplate for the +4 swinger from PRM products.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:12 pm 

Purchased a all new expansion chamber and silencer from ROCKY MTN ATV for the 250r.I got a FMF silencer an Fat boy expansion.I rebuilt the stock carb till my new 1 arrives here, the new exhaust is nice.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:54 pm 

I am so jealous of you! I loved nuke em's 250r to death, i can't believe you've got three lol

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:22 pm 

Did some plug chops and jetting today on the 250r.It has poor response from idle to 1/4 throttle, blubbers a bunch before clearing out.Messed with needle settings and mains, ended up with a 148 main but it still dies on top end, rather flat and the gearing is not the issue.It just does not pull through well at all. I will take the stock carb out and install the 36mm PJ I purchased for it during the week. More to come

Profile E-mail