Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:03 am 

Ok, I have had this Pilot sitting here for some time, picked it up off a member here a spell ago and just never got to it. Went riding with it last weekend and it ran just alittle lean, not to bad.I figured with the Tecate projects coming to and end here it was time to get into this 1 and start the CSI.
OK, first things first. The airbox lid is missing, and it currently has a K&N air filter with an OUTERWEAR cover. It has a BEARD seat which limits my room BIG TIME. Front master cylinder leaking at the pull lever. It has a ATV motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )), head is shaved, compression cold was 184, Powerbloc clutch which has a high stall, so high it will not go in reverse(hits the rev limiter big time!) Trans fluid in the trans, oil in balancer looked clean. Plastics are cracked here and there but nothing major, it is a rider for sure.KC front lights are going off as well, no high beams which sucks.
Got 1 question, it this a HRD clutch? i CAN'T REMEMBER how you tell the difference, it is with the cover?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Arizona Pilot CSI
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:16 am 

Got into the ride yesterday. Belt is shot, all fluids were changed. As pictured the clamp for the intake is wrong, the 39 mm need rejetting and a good cleaning. Rear clutch will need to be removed and CSI'D as well as the CV'S and the axle stubs too. The trans seals are fine, and I need to do a leak down on the motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) as well. It is a ATV motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) and currently it runs fine, but as we all know they are junk, I might just wait for a spell here as I have another Pilot coming this week that is going to need some attention immediately and I would like to have something running for riding!!
Current need ar ethe follwong:
Honda OEM seat-the Beard is way to big and I have no room at all!
Dual air inlet bracket and intake
Dual air box lid
Uni-filter
front foot pads upper and lower
Pilot hood
Rear skid plate
4 X 4 Tuff Belt
Exhaust bracket for torque pipe
Stock rims(the ITP are not for me)
Front LT kit
FOX air shocks front and rear
REAR LT shock brackets
front master cylinder rebuild kit
front brakes
parking brake cable adjustment
front bumper

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:26 pm 

How much you want for the Beard seat might use it for a VW project.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:03 pm 

You pay the shipping Hoser and it's yours.Sound good?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:10 pm 

Mudbogger wrote:
You pay the shipping Hoser and it's yours.Sound good?

haha yeah ok send it at your leisure.

Thanks

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:40 pm 

Ordered from SERVICE HONDA 4 rebuild kits for the master cylinders,4 fuel filters, tryed to order 4 sets of gasket kits,and associated other bearings and seals for the bottom end. I am sure most to all of the bottom end stuff is discontinued currently but we will see.
Also ordered all new cv boots from seller 6512cv off Eaby. I really like his boot,, good hard amterail and they are just the right thickness to re-use the stock OEM clamps. I have used these botts on several project Pilots in the past(Pilotnut's,CA Pilot, Odykid's Project,CoLORADO pILOT and 2 others) and they have never failed to date.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:54 pm 

Looked in my Pilot stockpile and found 2 skids from ATVR here, 1 rear and 1 full skidplate. Will install. I also found a ATVR desert front bumper which I will install as well. I need to find a OEM seat for this ride. Also will be fabbing a dual air inlet for the air intake system this weekend hopefully too, same as the 1 I did on my COLORADO Pilot.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:41 pm 

Will send the seat and that powerbloc we spoke about Hoser this week to you-

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:54 pm 

Rebuilt the master tonight for the ride. Simple fix, quite easy IMHO.

Attachments:
IMG00294-20110415-1750.jpg
IMG00294-20110415-1750.jpg [ 51.3 KiB | Viewed 34778 times ]
IMG00295-20110415-1750.jpg
IMG00295-20110415-1750.jpg [ 67.16 KiB | Viewed 34778 times ]
IMG00296-20110415-1750.jpg
IMG00296-20110415-1750.jpg [ 41.86 KiB | Viewed 34777 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:49 pm 

Sent the OEM seat out to http://www.cosmicquads.com" .".. for a complete redo.POST PICTURES AND PRICING LATER. Got all my new cv boots and repacking grease today from UPS guy. Purchased a set of used stock front and rear tires and rims for the Pilot as well. Found used air box lid, and intake tube with clamps as well. Will need to fab a dual air filter setup but for time being going single.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:27 am 

Okay will restart this thread since we got hacked.
Here are a view pictures of the Pilot currently. I have since replaced the old single intake with a dual intake system,and have rode this for many many trips. A recent trip I had some issues will post more on that.

Attachments:
2800& AZ Pilot 014.jpg
2800& AZ Pilot 014.jpg [ 54.19 KiB | Viewed 38930 times ]
2800& AZ Pilot 015.jpg
2800& AZ Pilot 015.jpg [ 57.6 KiB | Viewed 38930 times ]
2800& AZ Pilot 007.jpg
2800& AZ Pilot 007.jpg [ 51.76 KiB | Viewed 38930 times ]
2800& AZ Pilot 006.jpg
2800& AZ Pilot 006.jpg [ 45.63 KiB | Viewed 38930 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:35 am 

I also installed used stock headlights as the pilot came with KC offroad lights which sucked.
Recent upgrades include new harnesses, new ATVR roof lid, front bumper,and hood. I jetted up to a 186 main as well. I have never touched the motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) as it had great compression and passed a leak down test.

Attachments:
CA dual air inlet system 003.jpg
CA dual air inlet system 003.jpg [ 67.6 KiB | Viewed 38930 times ]
briana 054.jpg
briana 054.jpg [ 31.3 KiB | Viewed 38930 times ]
briana 055.jpg
briana 055.jpg [ 34.09 KiB | Viewed 38930 times ]
2800& AZ Pilot 021.jpg
2800& AZ Pilot 021.jpg [ 54.09 KiB | Viewed 38930 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:38 am 

A quick note on my last issue with this Pilot. Briefly:
Went riding with buddy-me on this-him on the 2800 Pilot(which was built for him by me,but that is another story)got into the trails, hit a bump,complete shutdown. Engine went dead, nothing. Unstrapped, started to CSI what had happened. Come to find out a clip on the harness by the the lower rail going to the stator had come undone. Ok cool! Clipped back making sure the lock was on the clip had indeed locked, re attached to the frame and started right back up. Great. Go 50 feet hit another small tree- BAM-shuts off again. WTF? After an hr of looking, pulling wires,and trying everything no spark.Got it down to bad ignition switch but in woods that's not a option. Tow it back to the garage and then get into it bug time with meters, test lights etc. After some time and replacing the igintion switch, still no power to the red/white wire at the ignition. Well it turned out to be the wire inside the fuse plug had backed out and the fuse was not getting proper contact on the wire. Once I took the fuse panel off and gently pulled the water proof black plastic out from the underside there it was!!Put the wire back into the fuse clip, inserted fuse and BAM got power at the ignition, spark and it started right up. It is a small time but it took me hrs to figure it out. Other then that the ride is my main Pilot currently, but the LT will be the 1 as soon as it gets here in 2012~~~

Attachments:
2800& AZ Pilot 009.jpg
2800& AZ Pilot 009.jpg [ 28.69 KiB | Viewed 38930 times ]
2800& AZ Pilot 010.jpg
2800& AZ Pilot 010.jpg [ 28.27 KiB | Viewed 38930 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:40 am 

Went for a ride in PA last weekend. Had a bad day indeed. motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) shut off again after a long straight away run.Will be posting some top end pictures shortly off this ATVR Engine. I am certain I seized the rings on the piston in 2 sections. The head has been shaved pretty drastically ( like what head from ATVR HAS NOT BEEN RIGHT?) and will be put in storage and not reused. I also will be looking into a fresh bore and piston kit with a rejetting of the carb too. I do not think the bottom end is in need of anything other then a oil change.More to come--it is just too dam cold in my garage tonight!!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: CA Pilot CSI-
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:45 am 

Looked up the exhaust on this today an the rings are siezed on the thing.Score marks on 2 side of the piston.Took head off as well and it appears I leaned it out on top end due to the cold, I did not plug one of the intakes as I should have when riding and I new I should have-oh well!!! Pain in the arse indeed!! I will see if Hoser has the time to bore this for me. I do not think the bottom end has to be split.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:20 am 

Getting this into the garage today for a top end removal and quick CSI . More to come!!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:18 pm 

Got to CSI the lack of compression issue. On my last ride I had a breakdown with this Pilot. I had just gotten off a long wide open run with the Pilot and the idle was staying up high-and also it was not pulling well on top end which was never the case. I knew after the long run I was leaning out on top end so I was not anticipating anything I have not dealt with.
As expected I took the top end off today and the rings are melted to the the piston in 3 spots. It is a Wiseco piston 80mm so that is good news indeed! Now this is an Engine I have never worked on, and it is an ATVR built Engine. The head is shaven so thin I'll never use it again-the head gasket is still using 3 layers which I was surprised to see. I will cc it during the week.
The piston had a good burn pattern on it, the exhaust flange will need to be replaced as well as the reeds, just makes sense while I have the thing apart.Pictures to come.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:00 pm 

Will wait for Hoser to get back from FL and send this over for a bore. Should be no issues.Otherwise I changed the oil,fuel filter today. I also took the Powrbloc off today and will clean and inspect it.As soon as I get this jug back a Speedchaser head is going onto it, no more ATVR stuff.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:09 pm 

Went and took the carb off tonight. 39MM pwk. First off the slow jet as a 35 way low I run 45's pretty much all the time. Second- main jet was a 175 and it was lean for sure. Needle is aftermarket and I need to get the a Schematic up for them off a website as I am changing it out for sure. Reeds look fine but I'll change them out anyway. As I said I have never checked this Engine at all since day 1 of purchase, so it has been more them enough hrs till it poofkaboomed.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:04 pm 

After some internal/jets/needle conversions and a talk with a tech over at CARBPARTSWAREHOUSE today I just ordered a brand new 39MM PWK carb from them. They installed all on my wanted internals in it and included a jet set for a price that plain beat me rebuilding the older carb. I will use the old carb for parts as all of my rides other then the NY Pilot use the same carb.
Carb should be here in a couple days LA SLEEVE sent over an email my jug was re sleeved to stock bore with piston kit and will be packeaged for delivery to me tomorrow. Was 416 bucks total for that.
I also ordered a tach for this ride from a thread in the projects section-that will be installed and I'll post information on it when it arrives.I am going to pull the internal combustion Engine out of the pilot to install and double check it for air leaks, it does not make any sense to install a 400 buck fresh top end on a bottom end that may be leaking air. Takles a couple of minutes to pull it at the present stage.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:08 pm 

Installed a EQUIIS tachometer tonight on the ride. I liked the price tag off AMAZON.COM and the install took time but is well worth it. Especially for setting cltuch stall rpms and such. More to come on this.Pulled the internal combustion Engine out as well.Rod seems tight so I will leave it alone for sure.
Will ask Hoser if I can send this jug over for a bore to the next size(80.5mm).

http://www.iequus.com/Product/Detail/62 ... 7676208C29

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:42 am 

Mudbogger wrote:
Installed a EQUIIS tachometer tonight on the ride. I liked the price tag off AMAZON.COM and the install took time but is well worth it. Especially for setting cltuch stall rpms and such. More to come on this.Pulled the internal combustion Engine out as well.Rod seems tight so I will leave it alone for sure.

Hey mud, on that tach, id did you use the plug wire pickup or wire it to the coil? i am very interested to see if this works. I have tried a standard tack wired to the coil on my 570 odyssey and it didnt work.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:12 am 

nitrosport_5 wrote:
Mudbogger wrote:

Hey mud, on that tach, id did you use the plug wire pickup or wire it to the coil? i am very interested to see if this works. I have tried a standard tack wired to the coil on my 570 odyssey and it didnt work.

Hello friend! Thanks for the internal combustion Engine and associated parts again! I am trying the wire to coil application but are having an issue with "negative side of the coil" which is the side of the coil per the tach's instructions that green wire needs to go- SEE THREAD:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9492" .".." ."..

Got any ideas? I am assuming I need a pulse for the tach to read but I would call the black/yellow wire the positive side of the coil, would you not? If I connect the green wire off the tach to the green wire on the coil that's ground from HONDA, how can that send a pulse reading to the tach?
I thought about using the plug pickup wire(which is brown) but it seems bulky and cumbersome to me, I prefer to hard wire. Any thoughts are appreciated.
Oh BTW do not srop your tach like I did, it is plastic and something is loose inside it now, I bought 2 so I have backup but they can't take a good drop well it seems-LMAO.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:27 pm 

Mudbogger wrote:
nitrosport_5 wrote:
Mudbogger wrote:

Hello friend! Thanks for the internal combustion Engine and associated parts again! I am trying the wire to coil application but are having an issue with "negative side of the coil" which is the side of the coil per the tach's instructions that green wire needs to go- SEE THREAD:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9492" .".." .".." ."..

Got any ideas? I am assuming I need a pulse for the tach to read but I would call the black/yellow wire the positive side of the coil, would you not? If I connect the green wire off the tach to the green wire on the coil that's ground from HONDA, how can that send a pulse reading to the tach?
I thought about using the plug pickup wire(which is brown) but it seems bulky and cumbersome to me, I prefer to hard wire. Any thoughts are appreciated.
Oh BTW do not srop your tach like I did, it is plastic and something is loose inside it now, I bought 2 so I have backup but they can't take a good drop well it seems-LMAO.

No problem for the parts, i appreciate you taking them off of my hands :-).

As far as the tach, do you know how the factory honda one option tach is wired? What wire do they use? I am not sure if a standard automotive tach is going to work. I tried one on my 570 Exciter Odyssey and i think it burnt it up lol. It was a $25 harbor freight tach but after i tried it out on my 570 it no longer worked.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:34 pm 

The manual has an option for hooking the tach to the Engine we use in the Pilots so I will see how it goes.

Profile E-mail